Pretty in Red

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, Cha Young explains in her own way, a little better but speaking too frantically, Vincenzo finds himself amused.

Distracted.

Cha Young looks...attractive.

And he shouldn't be saying this because the blood has seeped into the white silk of her dress, drying out on her skin and he just suddenly feels that it is scorching hot.

He should listen to her as she's chattering her way telling how the shibal saekkiya had the audacity to point a gun to her stomach.

She looks back at him expectantly and he gives her a small smile.

He moves to the table in the room where a few water bottles are kept and opens one and hands it to her, she takes it slowly, still looking at him, searching for a reaction.

He opens another and chugs it down, trying desperately not to think of how stunning she looks.

"The man who attacked you is Dante." He starts

"-was Dante." She interjects, somewhat fear belying in her tone.

He looks back at her smiles and does a small gesture of bowing.

"Mi dispiaci, Signora. Pardon my grammar." And she rolls her eyes at that but still scoots over to make space for him to sit on the sofa.

Their dynamic has taken a better turn after they came back to Rome.

"He was betraying the family by providing information regarding some business deals with our allies and took over by unfair means." He explains and glances at her who's face falls into consternation, as it dawns up on her.

"That is why Luca came running that day." She concludes after recovering from her thoughts.

He nods at her and sits beside her.

Poignant silence hangs in the air before Cha Young says

"Serves him right then, don't you think?" She faces him.

"No." Vincenzo straightly replies and Cha Young furrows her brows.

He finally looks at her and dio-

The facade he built starts to crumble as he looks at her in the eyes.

Vincenzo admits, Cha Young has exotic beauty.

He clears his throat and looks ahead, slightly pressing the bottle of water in his hand.

"There is a saying in the mafia-una morte rapida e una bendizione."

"A quick death is a blessing." Cha Young slowly translates it into Korean and he nods, still looking ahead.

"Betrayal is something you have to pay for in our Family, it is where we cross all the lines. And not only did he did that-"

Cha Young looks at him and he can feel her stare burning into his back, so he looks at her to finish his sentence.

"He tried to main you, the Capo's wife. He was going to go through hell hadn't you killed him."

Cha Young remains silent while Vincenzo takes a gulp of water again, giving her time to register what he just explained.

"What would be his punishment, hadn't I killed him?" She asks.

"He would have gone through a slow, torturous death." He leaves the rest to her imagination.

She nods slowly but her face looks struck and that is understandable.

All this time, she has been studying justice, law and its principles.

Her father was a righteous lawyer, but something altered within the description.

His profession remained the same, but his morals changed.

Changed because years after serving law and fighting justice, he realized the world is just too wicked to be dealt with this.

No one abides whatsoever laws made.

The punishments and penalties ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter