Signora Grande

Il mio primo e ultimo amore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cha Young wakes up when the room is still embraced by the faint rises of sun rays covered by the huge curtains in the room.

As soon as she opens her eyes, she feels fresh and doesn't take time to get out of the duvet and makes her way to the bathroom, but her eyes fall on the sofa and she's about to let a cry of help as her heart suddenly jolts but thankfully, her brain soon registers, and she calms herself down.

She stays still for a while catching the sight of Vincenzo who sleeps peacefully on the sofa. Though, the sofa is big enough for his body, she can feel how hard it is to adjust his head on the arm lift and he would probably wake up with a terrible neck pain.

She notices that he's still wearing his white shirt and the coat and shoes are thrown on the floor.

She slowly makes her way to pick up the coat and arrange the shoes and then heads to the bathroom.

Once she feels a little more alive, she checks the time and it's the sunrise hour.

So without any further thought, Cha Young carefully closes the door of the room and makes her way out.

She remembers seeing a beautiful balcony when she was heading with Vincenzo towards their room on the first floor.

She slowly descends the stairs and walks forward until she watches the open balcony that views the beauty of Tuscany and between the mountains, the sun is slowly peaking out, rays burst forth, illuminating the sky and turning it into a glorious display of colors.

Cha Young takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and opens them again, admiring the view and breathing the cold air.

She thinks as she gazes the view in front of her, that she wouldn't ever get bored if she'd live here whole life.

Suddenly, there's a distinct flapping of wings and Cha Young looks around for the side until she sees a pigeon sitting on the sill.

The smile she was wearing, somehow widens and she slowly makes her way to the pigeon so as not to scare it.

She moves closer to the little bird, and she sees it stepping back a little.

She stops for a while, and the bird looks at her.

She tilts her head and takes a step ahead, with more caution than the previous time until she comes close enough, to watch the bird.

A proximity that doesn't startle the little pigeon too.

"Well hello there, piccione.." She speaks a mix of Korean and Italian.

The bird in response coos making Cha Young amused.

Then, it starts pecking on the sill and Cha Young takes it as a signal that th bird is asking for food.

"Ahh, mianhe..I don't have any food." And the bird coos again.

"Perhaps tomorrow, if you come, I'll have bread crumbs and sunflower seeds for you." The bird bobs its head and coos again, in response and Cha Young takes it as an agreement.

"What should I name you then?" She lets her gaze fall on the view before seeing the grey pigeon in front of her, contemplating.

Her frown turns into a small smile as she says "Inzaghi!"

She says again with enthusiasm "Inzaghi, that's a perfect name for you!"

"That is indeed a great name, I must say." Cha Young turns her head back as she hears a soft spoken, measured unfamiliar voice and the abrupt actions startle the pigeon as it flaps its wings and flies away.

"Mi dispiaci, Novella." The woman says with a small smile.

Cha Young moves out of the balcony and steps inside the house again.

The old woman's delicate features and piercing eyes with an elegant attire led her to unconsciously saying.

"Nonna?" 

And the woman laughs at Cha Young's deep expression.

"Si, youngina." 

Cha Young straightens herself, eyes wide and startled and bows as she is used to towards elderly while saying "Signorina Cassano, Buongiorno." 

At the back of the mind, Cha Young winces, this is certainly not how she expected meeting Vincenzo's grandmother. Moreover, she is still in her bunny slippers and night wear, she internally grimaces.

While the older woman looks at her with affection and then to comfort her, she speaks in Korean next "Would you like some coffee?"

 

 

Signora Grande, or as the Cassano Family affectionately calls her Nonna Gianna is the matriarch of the Cassano Family, the woman who has played the most influential a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter