Minseok- Not Too Late

EXO, Let's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"Hey... don't cry. I'm here and I'll help you. Don't be afraid, ok?"[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Minseok[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Minseok opened the door carelessly. "What is it, Nabi?" He yawned. 

"Minseok..." She sobbed, making the boy's eyes widen. "May I come in?"

"Of course," He took her hand and led her in. "Look at you... did you walk to my house in this rainy weather?!" He asked. "Why are you crying?" He made her sit on a couch and ran to bring a towel for her. 

"Minseok! My father will kill me!" She whined. 

The boy froze in his spot. What had made her that afraid? He turned back to her and knelt down in front of her. "What is it, Nabi? What is wrong? Are you ok?"

"No, I'm not! I'm not ok..." She covered her face and started crying again. 

"You are giving me a heart attack, please talk, Go Nabi!" He pleaded. "I will help you..."

She opened her bag and took out a paper, handing it to him with her trembling hand. "This is... the problem."

He tilted his head and got it. He narrowed his eyes and looked at her in horror. "How is this possible?" He asked. "You are pregnant?"

She nodded. "I am..." She sobbed. "I missed three periods, so I went to lab and... and..." She cried louder. 

"But... how?" He asked. "You've never slept with anyone, or... have you?"

"I..." She whimpered. "I... I fought with dad because he wanted me to marry a boy I didn't even know and ran from home. I went to a club and, and I got drunk-"

Minseok closed his eyes and sat on the floor completely, covering his face. "What have you done? Does this mean..." He looked up at the red-eyed girl. "You don't even know the baby's father?!"

"Stop it!" She covered , crying. 

He stood up. "Hurry, we need to go to a clinic."

She tilted her head. "What?"

"Whatever decision you are going to make must be after visiting a doctor. I know a trusted one. Let's go to him," She didn't move. "Nabi!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Stay here, I'll get ready..."

●○●

"Jongdae!" 

The doctor turned to him. "Uh! Minseok hyung!" He stood up and walked to him. "You ok?" The elder nodded.  "Why are you here?"

"I'm here for..." He looked around and didn't find his best friend. "Nabi?" He walked out of the room and saw her staring at a photo in the hallway. He walked to her. "Why didn't you come?"

"That is a baby inside the womb..." She whispered, touching her stomach. "How cute..."

Minseok smiled and took her hand. "Nabi, let's go..." He led her to the room. "We are here for her. According to her medical examination, she is pregnant," He smiled at her, but Nabi just rolled her eyes. 

"Oh, pregnant?" Jongdae smiled and patted his shoulder. "Congrats..." He whispered before sitting on his chair, close to the machine. "Please lie down, ma'am."

She nodded and sat on the bed slowly. Minseok helped her took off her overcoat before she lay down on the bed. Nabi took a deep breath and pulled up her blouse, biting her lower lip. 

The doctor started his work. Rubbing the cold substance on her belly with the transducer, making her gasp. He zoomed on the images he saw and smiled. "Wow... the baby is healthy... and.. you are in your eleventh week," He moved the transducer more, as if he was searching for something. "I... can't recognize the gender, sadly."

"It's ok! It's ok!" Minseok said, looking at his nervous best friend. 

"But... let's listen to the baby's heartbeat, huh?" He clicked on a button and it started.

Thump thump

Thump thump

Nabi grabbed her friend's hand and squeezed it with anger. It was annoying. Why was that happening to her? She just wanted a normal life and there she was, an inch away from being a single mother. What about her family? Her parents would disown her after hearing the news. She shook her head. "Stop it!" She shouted before sitting up. "Stop it, Dr. Kim! I don't want to hear it!" 

Jongdae did so as fast as he could and looked at her, shocked. 

"I hate this..." She fell into Minseok's embrace. "I hate this!" She was about to punch her belly that her friend grabbed her hand. "I hate this..."

He hugged her tightly and patted her head. "Shhh... I know, Nabi... but be quiet," He whispered in her ear. "The baby will hear you."

"So what? I hate this baby!" She sniffed. "I don't want this..."

"Nabi, we'll talk about it later," He said. "Let's leave for now."

Jongdae stood up and gave her tissues to clean her stomach, then walked to his friend and led him to aside. "What is wrong with your girlfriend, hyung?"

"Well," He paused. "The point is... she is not my girlfriend. She is just my best friend. We have been friends since high school. This baby is... not mine. Just a one night stand caused these all."

Jongdae nodded his head and sighed, looking at the girl pitifully. "It is... I'm sorry about it. Now, she want to abort the baby?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, buddy..."

Nabi walked to them, wiping her eyes. "Let's go, Minseok."

"Ah, yeah..." He took her hand. "See you later, Jongdae."

The younger nodded. "See you," He said. "Take care of yourself and your baby, Ms. Go..."

She smiled weakly and walked out of the room with her friend. "How do you know him?"

"He was my junior at university," He replied. "I introduced him to his wife. She was my classmate."

"You mean his wife is a dentist too?"

"Yep."

"Ah..." She looked around. Everyone was looking at them in a bad way. The room seemed soundproofed, did they hear her screams? 

Minseok took grabbed her bag from her hand. "This is heavy..." He said and pulled her closer to himself. 

"Thanks," It looked like he knew the meaning of their looks. He wanted them to seem like a happy couple. That was the only thing he could do.

They stepped out of the hospital, walking to the elder's car that he noticed her staring at someone. "What is it?" He looked at the child she was staring at. The boy was sitting on a chair and drinking chocolate milk. "Do you want chocolate milk?"

"Huh? No..." She got into the car. "Why should I? I hate chocolate."

"Well," He got into the car and fastened his belt. "You are pregnant and... you might crave for unusual things."

"No. I'm fine," She looked out of the window, but deep inside, she wanted to taste chocolate milk as if she didn't know how it tasted. "Minseokie..."

"Yes Nabi?" He started the engine. 

She pouted. "I want chocolate milk."

○●○

Minseok stared at her friend as she drank the chocolate milk he had bought her. Was she always this beautiful or was it just today? Maybe she was prettier from that angle. Anyway, his best friend was really lovely, drinking her chocolate milk like an innocent kid. 

She drank the last gulp of her drink and put the glass aside. "Do you know a gynecologist?"

"Huh? Why?" He asked happily. "You want to keep the baby?"

"Nah... I want to abort it. I'll stay in your house for some days and tell my father that we went to meet your grandma." 

He frowned. "Nabi, aborting a baby is a sin."

"I've committed the bigger sin. I slept with a man I don't know... this can't be worse than that..." She said as if it was that easy. 

He shook his head. "You can't compare these two. By aborting your baby, you are literally killing a person-"

"Stop it, Minseok!" She said. "I don't understand what the heck is wrong with you. Killing a person? Ridiculous! That baby isn't even completed! And... what is the point in giving birth to someone whose father you don't know?"

Minseok was speechless, not because she was being rational, but because he didn't want to make her shout again. "Ok," He whispered. "I think I know one."

"Good then, we'll visit her tomorrow."

○●○

"Mrs. Go?" The secretary called. "Who is with Mrs. Go?"

"I am!" Minseok raised his hand and walked to the desk.

Nabi was sitting on a chair silently. She was staring at a couple. The woman seemed heavily pregnant, her baby bump was really cute that it made her smile. "Why are you here?" She turned to her left. 

"Huh?"

"I mean... why do you want to visit Dr. Kang?"

"Oh," She smiled. "I am pregnant."

The girl's eyes shined. "Really? How weeks?"

"My doctor said I'm eleven weeks pregnant," She replied. 

"Really happy for you... I am trying hard, but... it seems like nothing works," She sighed. "I know I am the problem. I even asked Baekhyun for divorce, but... he says he is ok with it."

Nabi smiled. "What a wonderful man!"

She nodded happily. "I am proud of him, but I also know that he wants his own child..."

"You will have your child, don't give up," She cheered her up.

"Nabi? We got to go in..."

Nabi nodded at her friend. "I hope you'll have a kid of yours one day," She told the girl. 

"Thank you," She smiled. "Please take care of your baby!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter