Caught You My Princess

Someday You'll Realize

Chapter 37

Caught You My Princess

 

The rest of the car ride was dead quiet. I didn't know what to say. Or how to feel about Jonghyun's words.

 

“No, Never.”

 

His voice kept resonating in the back of my mind. Those words are kind of possessive right? Saying that he'd never let me ago. But at the same time, I hate to say it, but it was kind of romantic.

 

Voice in head 1: STOP STOP STOP! Don't even think of that! Remember you have Taemin.

 

Voice in head 2: (Laugh) He said he'd always be with you anyway no matter what. I'm sure that kid will fight for you. So might as well enjoy this moment with Jjong.

 

Voice in head 1 : (Glared) Can you stop please? I mean come on! It's not fair to Taemin. What happened to loyalty?

 

Voice in head 2 : (Snickered) All's fair in love and war. And loyalty? Who cares? They aren't in a relationship anyway.

 

Voice in head 1 : Yeah, but still, her emotions are gonna get outta whack and crazy.

 

Voice in head 2 : Too late. Plus she's beyond crazy. I mean she's having this argument between two voices in her head. Call me crazy, but I think I just self-diagnosed her as insane.

 

“______,” a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned my head to see Jonghyun, still holding my hand. “Shall we finish our date?” He smiled at me.

 

I blinked a couple times, still not completely thinking straight due to the arguing voices in my head. I plainly nodded.

 

Jonghyun smiled even brighter, “Good. I'm glad you're not angry at me for yanking you away.”

 

“Jjong,”

 

“Yes?” He questioned.

 

I moved closer to him, strangely he didn't back away. With my free hand I flicked him on the forehead.

 

“Ouch!” Jonghyun finally let go of my hand and recoiled in pain. “What was that for?”

 

“Punishment for violently dragging me into the car.” I stuck out my tongue.

 

“Fine, fine. But I'll get my revenge. No one does that to me and gets away with it.” He smirked.

 

“Bring it on,” I competitively stated.

 

We continued on our date. Jonghyun brought me to the park where we played on the playground like we were children again. We ran around like children, playing tag.

 

“Catch me if you can er!” I screamed as I ran up the stairs, racing to reach the slide which would be my quick escape. However, Jonghyun was faster than I had intended and he managed to jump and flip over me like some crazy ninja and land directly in front of me, blocking my path. He wrapped his arms around me and tackled me to the group.

 

“W-what are you doing? It's tag. Not kill ______”. I huffed.

 

“You said catch me if you can. That's what I did,” Jonghyun stared at me, “I will always catch you if you fall. I will always reel you back into these arms again.” There it goes again. Those butterflies fluttering in my stomach. However, they are soon erased by a heavy helping of guilt.

 

“Jjong. Please stop saying things like that.” I hesitatingly muttered.

 

“Why?” He gently asked.

 

I closed my eyes and explained, “You have a girlfriend. Whom you love dearly. Yet you say these things to me, knowing what they do to me.” I took in a deep breath and found the courage to stare at him dead in the eye. “I don't like being messed with.”

 

He chuckled slightly, “Someone's gotten tougher.” He leaned in next to my ear, “However, all I heard was 'you say these things to me, knowing what they do to me'. What do they do to you?”

 

They make my heart jump like it's gonna fall out my chest. They make my heart burn knowing the pain you put me through. They make me hate and despise myself for falling for all of your tricks when Taemin is faithfully waiting. They make me more aware of your presence. They make me more aware of you. They make me think back to our past. They make me forget about everything else around me.

 

I gulped.

 

Jjong obviously noticed this and just laughed.

 

“Stop it! Can you please get off! I'm done with your teasing!” I tried to fight him off, but he just applied more force.

 

“I'm not teasing.” His eyes were so serious. He got closer and closer to me. His lips were inches away from mine. I could feel his body pressing up against me more and more. That toned body....

 

Before he had a chance to kiss my lips I turned my head and rejected it, “What makes you think I can trust you again?”

 

He backed away and I turned my head to face him again.

 

The pain in Jonghyun's expression was obvious.

 

He leaned in again and kissed my forehead, “I guess you really can't.” With that said he got up off of me and headed towards the swings. I watched a sad lonely Jonghyun slowly start swinging.

 

I sighed, slightly regretting the words I said. I walked towards him and stopped right in front of his swing. He halted and looked up at me. It seemed like his eyes were watery.

 

I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. We were the best of friends, we had a strong relationship, but things have changed so I'm sorry, but you can't do anything about the fact that I'm going to have walls up. Especially since I find that the wall is knocked down every now and then, only to be quickly reconstructed.”

 

Jonghyun hugged me tighter and whispered, “I'm sorry for what I made you go through. I'm sorry.”

 

We stayed like that for a good five minutes.

 

I awkwardly looked over at my watch, “Um, Jonghyun it's time to go. We're gonna be late for dinner if we don't head back to the mansion now.”

 

He reluctantly let me go, “I'm sorry you're right.”

 

I began walking, but Jonghyun pulled me onto his lap while he was still on the swing set.

 

He stared into my eyes, the hint of sadness obviously glowing off of them, “Kiss me before we go,” Jonghyun's grip gently tightened in desperation. Like the stupid fool I am, I caved in. I kissed him on the lips, gently. His arms wrapped around me, gently pulling me closer, slightly deepening the kiss. After a couple of seconds, I pulled away, slightly flustered at my own actions.

 

Slowly, Jonghyun's smile came back. He lifted me up into a princess cradle.

 

“Y-yah! Put me down!!” I fought.

 

“Your chariot awaits my princess.” He charmingly stated.

 

I buried my face into his chest out of embarrassment.

 

“It's just like old times,” Jonghyun quietly whispered, thinking I wouldn't hear. However, he seemed sad. Was he sad that we had to face back to reality, that we are no longer together? Does he regret what he did to me? Does he ever miss me? Were the things he said ever true?

 

When we drove in the car, Jonghyun ended up falling asleep on my shoulder.

 

I heard him whisper, “My princess.”

 


My Princess~ Ahh it's soo embarassing!

What is the most embarassing name you've heard couples call each other?

Or what do you and your boyfriend/girlfriend call each other?

Does her being with Jjong infuriate you? Do you feel guilty for Taemin what-so-ever?

Or are you silently rooting for the Dino?

What do you think? Is Jonghyun being sincere?

Anyway, sorry for the wait! Hope you liked it!

COMMENTS ARE MOTIVATING!~

LOVE YOU ALL~

UPVOTEEE~