Change

Someday You'll Realize

Part 12

Change

 

Your POV

 

“Taemin!” I screamed as the dude started attacking me.

 

“Stop tickling me!” I yelled as Taemin continued tickling me.

 

After he had pulled away from the kiss, sliding his hand up my leg, I thought he was gonna go farther. However, he probably sensed the tension I had. I was nervous whenever he touched me. Maybe because I just met him a couple days ago? Maybe because Jonghyun was the only person who had ever touched me in that way and Taemin's touch seems foreign? However, he didn't want to scare me off I'm guessing so he decided to go with torturing me through tickling.

 

As I laughed, gasping for air, some crazy person bustled open the door and knocked it off it's hinges.

 

I stared at the crazy person. It was none other than the infamous Jonghyun.

 

“What the hell do you think you're doing?!” I saw the pure fury in his angry eyes as he viciously spat out those words.

 

“Getting tickled?” I sheepishly replied, afraid of this vicious Jonghyun.

 

“Uh-huh, yeah! Because that is definitely what your position looks like!” Jonghyun rushed over and violently yanked me out from under Taemin.

 

“Ow!” I flinched in pain.

 

“What do you think you're doing? Hooking up with some guy,”

 

I glared at him, “You hooked up with some girl and we were dating then too,”

 

“W-well that's true,” Jonghyun slightly faltered, “But it's different! I at least knew her before I did anything like with her!”

 

“Are you kidding me?! That excuse doesn't make it right. You. Did. It. While. We. Were. Dating.,” I briskly pulled my arm out of his grip, “We are over with and you're busting in here like we're still together, controlling everything I do. If I wanted to get laid by a stranger I would,” I gave him a death glare, “And there's nothing you can do about it. Because you shouldn't care about what I do, because you chose her over me.”

 

“That doesn't mean I can stop caring about you,” Jonghyun angrily confessed, while holding my hand.

 

“Jonghyun,” I said in a serious, yet wavering tone, “Just let me go,” I meant that emotionally and physically to. I didn't want to admit it, but Jonghyun showing up made me uneasy. I was sincerely trying let all of this go, but his sudden appearance was making it harder on me. His touch. His smell. His voice. Like gravity, everything alluring about him was slowly pulling me back in.

 

“Please just let me go,” I whispered, biting my lip.

 

“Why? So I can let you be touched by this random guy again?” Jonghyun turned to Taemin, “Who are you anyway?”

 

Taemin's expression was dark and somewhat amused, “You don't remember me?”

 

“Well I mean you look familiar,” Jonghyun nonchalantly shrugged, “You go to our school right?”

 

“That's true,” Taemin confidently stood up, hands in pockets, and looked Jonghyun dead in the eyes, “But I'm something much more than that to you.” He paused waiting for something to hit Jonghyun, but it only made him confused. Taemin added, “Right brother?”

 

Jonghyun suddenly froze up, his muscles tensing, his jaw tightening. I watched as realization flashed through Jonghyun's eyes.

 

“Taemin?”

 

“Bingo,” Taemin swiftly grabbed me from Jonghyun's grasp, “I'm sorry brother, but you kind of interrupted something. I'm afraid you'll have to go,” The still, shocked Jonghyun was easy to push out of the room. In the process, Taemin placed the door back on its hinges.

 

Jonghyun was only there for a few minutes and yet he managed to break away the effort I had used to go through the two steps of attempting to forgetting him. Jonghyun I hate what you do to me.

 

Dinner was extremely quiet and awkward. Taemin was in deep, deep thought, playing with his food in silent concentration. I just stared at my food, still trying to comprehend everything that just happened.

 

Finally, it was time to go to bed as I tiredly slipped under the warm blankets. I felt the edge of the bed go down as Taemin sneaked in and slid his arms protectively around my waist.

 

“I'm sorry for everything that happened earlier. Please don't be mad at me,” He begged. “I didn't mean to say anything to hurt Jonghyun or make you look like a or anything. Just seeing you in his arms again made me quickly want you back,” He gently kissed the back of my neck, “Please don't ignore me,”

 

I sighed and turned towards him, “I'm not mad at you nor am I ignoring you. I'm just thinking about things,”

 

“Jonghyun?” He stated with a expressionless face.

 

I nodded my head. “It was just surprising, the whole situation and all,” Noticing the look on Taemin's face I pulled closer to him, resting my hands on his chest. “Hey, I'll keep following the steps you gave me and pray it works. This incident showed me the reality that shoving Jonghyun to my past is gonna be more complicated than I ever imagined it to be,”

 

Next Morning

 

Step 3. Make A Change

Since this is a new begin. Why not change up your hairstyle, your fashion, and your way of thinking? It's a fresh new beginning as someone else. It'll give you a huge burst of confidence that you'll need to face the world.

 

I left a note this morning on the counter, telling Taemin to go onto school without me, that I had an errand to do and then I'd head to school. I went to the hair salon first. I originally had medium length hair so that it would be easier to manage. The point of change is to try something new, so I went with extensions and highlights, as well as swoop bangs.


I was glad that today was a dress out day in school, meaning we didn't have to wear our uniforms. I wanted to go for a fierce, unaffected by heartbreak, single and loving it theme. As well as showing a little leg. Usually I never tried to dress up for school since I had a boyfriend anyway. That and it usually took way to much work.

 

I waited in front of the school, ready to enter through the school gates. I stood there, nervous and excited for change. I took in a deep calming breath and with my head held high I waltzed through the courtyard. Time to show everyone what I'm made of.

 

Whispers began buzzing around, as expected.

 

“Woah, is that ____?”

 

“She looks so fine today,”

 

“I would tap that any day,”

 

“She's so pretty! I wish I was her.”

 

“Jonghyun is really gonna miss out on that,”

 

Those were the good comments.

 

“Look at her, who does she think she is. First, she breaks Jonghyun's heart and struts around like it was nothing,”

 

“Ew, that was Jonghyun's girlfriend. Shin Se Kyung is so much prettier.”

 

“Someone throw some money, here comes the in her modest look,”

 

“Is she headed off to a biker club or something? What's with the leather jacket?”

 

“Maybe, she's in a gang,”

 

Great, more stupid rumors and y comments.

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

“Um, Jonghyun,” My friend Key tapped my shoulders. I gave him a questioning glance when he pointed in a certain direction. There walking in was ______, confidently coming in with a new look.

 

“Woah,” My eyes bulged out. She hadn't looked that good in a while. She never really dressed up for me because she was always busy working, trying to help pay off for the apartment and stressing over school. But she did wear a pretty appealing dress on our two year anniversary. But you went and ruined that night remember? A voice harshly spoke in his head. Shut up. Jonghyun mentally barked back at it.

 

“She's coming this way,” Key whispered.

 

I snapped out of my internal argument with the voice in my head and watched as ____ walked towards us. The wind was blowing in her now long, flowing hair. The sun was shining, making her highlights pop. The black eyeliner, buckled combat boots, and leather jacket gave off a y, bad girl feel. I gulped at the sight of her before me.

 

She locked eyes with me. Her stare was calm yet fierce and intense yet gentle. I thought she was going to come up to talk to me, however, she broke off our eye contact and brushed past me, into our homeroom room.

 

I blinked a couple times, frazzled from earlier, “What just happened?”
 

“The girl you cheated on has turned into a y goddess that I even want to get with,” Key commented. I slapped him.

 

“Shut up, don't say that about her. Also, someone might hear you,” I stated. Key was the only person, besides Shin Se Kyung, who knows that I cheated on ____.

 

Key glared at me, “Well, it's the truth. But seriously dude, I cannot believe you gave her up. All the guys in school are gonna be wanting her now.”

 

I stayed quiet, silently knowing that he's right.

 

Key and I walked into the room to only find _____ happily talking to a guy as the other boys in the room glared at him enviously. That lucky boy was Taemin.

 

Your POV

 

Step 4: Ignore him. Show him that you're different now. That you don't need him back into your life. Show him that you are stronger than you've ever been.

 

I recited this in my head as I noticed Jonghyun a couple yards in front of me. I locked eyes with him, trying to stay strong. You don't need him. He threw you away. Ignore him. You deserve better. You are strong. You are unbreakable. Show him you survived. The voice encouraged me. However, just glancing into those deep brown pools caused me to melt. It took all my energy to try and make sure it didn't show. Before I gave myself a chance to snap out of my act, I broke our eye contact, knowing that the strong facade might not last.

 

I just passed Jonghyun, slightly brushing him. Even that small touch drove me crazy, but I had to ignore the feeling and continue. I entered into my homeroom, earning more stares. Once my eyes landed on that person who sat in the front by the window, I happily skipped over to him.

 

“Surprise!” I screamed.

 

Taemin jumped at the sudden attack, but once his brain finally worked out what was in front of him a smile crept onto his face, “Step 4?”

 

“Yessir,” I stated, plopping myself in a chair next to him.

 

“You look beautiful,” Taemin straightforwardly announced, playing with my long hair.

 

I blushed madly, whispering, “Don't say that here. People might hear you,”
 

“Let them hear,” Taemin seriously answered, “I want them all to know how magnificent you are.” He leaned into my ear, “However, you'd look even more beautiful without the clothes on,”

 

I was about to smack him for saying those erted words, however, I was quickly pulled back. I turned around to see who had scooted me and my chair away from Taemin. It was none other than Jonghyun.

 

“Sorry, but there shouldn't be any public display of affection,” Jonghyun threw a hand book in Taemin's face, “Says so in the handbook,”

 

Taemin smirked, “You shouldn't be one to tell me that when you make out with your girlfriend all the time,” Jonghyun was stupid enough to not see that one coming, “Where is she anyway?”

 

“Shin Se Kyung is gonna be late because she was going to finish take care of Yoona who is at home sick.” Jonghyun explained.

 

“She wouldn't be happy to see you interacting with your ex would she?” Taemin was starting to provoke Jonghyun. I stared up the at two, not knowing what to do.

 

“Doesn't matter, I have a good reasoning so she'd understand,”

 

“And what would that be?”

 

Jonghyun smirked and whispered, “Well I just want to look after my younger brother. I mean he could be doing bad things he shouldn't be,”

 

“You're not the brother I used to know,” Taemin hissed at him, “The brother I knew wasn't a heartless, cruel man-.”

 

Jonghyun snapped, “Looks like mom and dad didn't do good with raising you, after I left. I'm gonna have to show you how to respect those older than you,” Next thing I knew Jonghyun was dragging Taemin away, out of the room.

 

“Is Jonghyun gonna beat him up?” A random person asked.

 

“Cool!” Someone proclaimed.

 

I looked over at Key with a worried look.

 

Both of us quickly booked it out of that room, before Jonghyun could do anything stupid, like kill the somewhat stranger that meant almost everything to me.