Give Me Time

Drabbles: Kai Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Unlike her popular and pretty friend, Ari was more into the introverted and serious type. They used to hang out all the time. However, everything changed when Park Sohye joined the cheerleading team and befriended the It Girls. Ari couldn’t blame her. Seoul University was like a battlefield and those who were weak were always on the bottom of the corrupted chain. She liked the silence anyway. And to her, observing her crush from a far distance was better off than getting her heart broken. After all, she has been crushing on Kim Jongin since kindergarten. Of course, he never noticed her.

 

Nonetheless, things began to change when out of the blue, the guy Sohye told she’d never date (she even said over her dead body) ended up becoming her boyfriend. In summary, that guy is no other than Byun Baekhyun, the captain of the university’s football team.

 

Then, Kim Jongin, a member of the team got introduced to Bae Ari by her friend Sohye. Due to his failing grades in English, he was looking for a tutor and it so happened that Ari was in need of cash. She wasn’t sure if it was a good thing to tutor one of the heartthrobs in the university but she badly needed the money. The two of them were vastly different. Along with Byun Baekhyun and the rest of the handsome football team, they always set the trend. Girls worshipped them for being hot and charismatic.

 

Although there was no introduction needed (since she knew him and had been crushing on that man for more than a decade and they’ve had occasional conversations due to school tasks), she was thankful for the opportunity. Her heart couldn't help but beat faster whenever they studied English. More and more, they started talking and just... spent time together. The man who seemed out of her league was now, possibly, within reach. But... it kind of scared her.

 

It has been what? Two months of tutoring? And it seemed like they were reaching a mutual understanding. Bae Ari didn’t want to be assuming and she made sure to stay rational by warning her heart to be careful. But really? Who could refuse Jongin’s charming smile?

 

He was popularly known as Kai in the university but she always called him Jongin. Not because they were close before but they were classmates since they were young and she addressed him that way since he called Ari by her name as well. Right now, it held a special meaning for her. She felt special that it was only her who’s calling him that way.

 

Time check. Eleven am.

 

She brought her wrist down after looking at her watch. The sun was scorching hot at this time. She wouldn't want to risk burning her skin to wait for his practice to end so she decided not to go to the field. Ari made her way to the most familiar space to her.

 

The library, quiet as it should be, was occupied by some students who were reading books or studying for the upcoming exams. They usually choose the spot near the English books section but today, nearby seats were occupied by other students. She had no other choice but to pick a table in the back corner, hidden by the huge book stalls. After sending him a message, she prepared the materials for tutoring and sat comfortably.

 

Blush crept its way on her cheeks upon remembering their last lesson. Kim Jongin kind of confessed that he’s fond of her and given that she was too baffled to even react (expect for an obvious hanging jaw), he kissed her cheek goodbye. She had been nervous to meet him ever since.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter