Four

The World Ended Then
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FOUR
a reminder of home

For the second time since they met, Sehun once again found himself pressed against the door with the girl's arm on his throat. "What the ?" his voice cracked as it struggled to come out.

     "Hey!" Hana tried to pull her sister away but the older one is way stronger. "Stop it!" she shouted.

     The short-haired girl's piercing gaze met Sehun's and he almost felt the air getting knocked out of his lungs. Her stare alone can scare people away, even him. "Drop your weapon," she said with a low voice, almost growling. "Now."

     Sehun hesitated for a second but dropped his bow anyway. The stranger's sister nodded at him and somehow, even though many would say it was stupid to do so, Sehun felt like he can trust Hana.

     "Now give me your bag," the girl said. "No," Sehun immediately answered. He had encountered these kinds of people before those who would do whatever it took for them to survive, even if they kill another of their kind. It was not that difficult to anticipate that the end of the world would bring out the worst in human beings.

     "Okay then get out,"

     "No," Sehun firmly said. It was almost sunset and he would rather risk associating with real people than face a cold, dark, and fatal night outside. "I wasted my time trying to save your . The least you can do is let me stay the night!"

     "He's right, Lu-"

     "Shut up, Hana. This is none of your business," promptly looked at her sister and went back to Sehun. "Give me your bag and we'll let you stay the night. I'll give it back to you tomorrow as soon as the sun rises,"

     "How can I trust what you're saying?"

     The girl scoffed. "You don't have to. Either get out or do as I say,"

     Hana stepped forward and said, a lot calmer than her sister, "Just do as she says. I'll make sure you get your stuff back tomorrow,"

     Sehun took a moment to think. He takes a deep breath before saying, "Let me go so I can give it to you." He glared at her while removing his backpack. "Don't worry," the girl said, "I'm not gonna slit your throat while you're sleeping," she smirked.

 

Now that the girl had stepped back, he now saw the three other figures watching from the living room. Hana and her sister went to the kitchen and it was clear they were arguing. Sehun found the older sister's anger unnecessary because he knew his intentions. He just wanted a safe place to stay for the night. But at the same time, he understands how this world can shape a person as distrusting as her.

     Unlike her, the other three were more welcoming, like they have been aching for another person's company all this while.

His eyes first darted to an old lady. She was probably the only old person Sehun had seen in ten years. She has white long curly hair and she was almost hunchback. "Hi," Sehun greeted her.

     "Oh, hi dear," the old lady greeted with a hoarse voice. "What's your name?"

     "I'm Sehun,"

     "Marge," the old lady said and offered him a seat on an empty sofa. "This is Seb,"

     Seb, a bald guy who looked about taller than him, nods in acknowledgment. He looked like he used to be an MMA fighter with his tattooed neck and huge body build. He must be useful when they are cornered by the soulless.

     "And this is Dembe," the friendly-looking man who looked like he was in his 40s greeted him. "Hey man," he said. "Where are you headed to?"

     "South," Sehun said. "You gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter