Part 1

Bitter, Sweet and Crazy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taeyeon is a sales manager. She is considered the one of the best in their company. Respected by her colleagues in all aspects. 


 is one of the best assets of the company. She can get and close deals easily because of her great personality, ability to sway the clients and also because she's a genius ; 160 IQ level. 


But everything has changed when her romantic relationship got exposed. Being in a same relationship is still not yet fully accepted in the society moreover to her boss who is not that supportive about that. 

 

She's been in a relationship with her best friend Tiffany Young for over 5 years already. If you will ask them how it started, none of them can give a definite answer. 


It just happened. 


Tiffany is a model; one of the top raising model. She can captivate you with her beautiful eye smile. And most of all, she's the sweetest girl you could ever imagine. 


Everyone that she worked with had nothing bad to say about her. She's a great person according to them. Aside from that, she can be very protective of those she loves especially to Taeyeon. 


 When the rumors of them dating each other surfaced, she is quick to act up. She talked to Taeyeon that they need to deny it knowing how private she was and that she could lose the job that Taeyeon loved. 


She managed to convinced Taeyeon to agreed and be off the radar until it died down; the rumuors. 


Since then, the two of them couldn't date outside. The only time that they can be seen in public together is when they are with their friends. 


"Hey, Taengo! Are you sure about your plan?", Sooyoung asks her friend. 


Currently they are in a hotel lobby because Taeyeon asks her friends to come with her for an ocular inspection. She's going to propose and was thinking to do it in the place where their magical moment happens. 


"It's been 5 years already and we've know each other for half of our lives. Yes, I'm sure. I am tired of hiding. And I know that she's been doing everything for me not to lose my job but I it doesn't matter to me anymore. I am ready and all that I want is to be with her",


All of the girls are smiling with tears in their eyes. The time has finally come and they couldn't be more happy to see their friend slowly overcoming her fear of marriage. 


"Our Taengo is all grown up not except for her height", Yuri jokes trying to lighten up the mood but earns a death glare from her. 


"Shut up, Yul! Come on, let's get out of here. It's Sunday and I know some of you has plans",


"It's okay, Taeyeon unnie. Nothing is more important than this. I'm happy for you", the youngest of them, Seohyun tells her. 


As they continue talking about Taeyeon's plan, someone caught their attention. All of them are looking at Taeyeon. 


"I thought you said that she's at home? Why is she doing here? And, why is she with that guy?", Sunny asks feeling something is wrong. 


Tiffany and a foreign guy just walks in and it seems to be they have booked a room at the hotel because they went straight to the elevator upon arriving. 


They are waiting if Tiffany's glam team is following them but no one shows up which is very unusual. "Ah, she texted me awhile ago that she had a urgent photoshoot", Taeyeon lied. She can feel her hand starts sweating and shaking. 


She is one of the best to lie in those kind of situations but at that moment she couldn't. Good thing her friends didn't notice it. 


They all left the hotel but Taeyeon stayed in her car contemplating what happened. She doesn't want to assume or anything but her intuition is telling her otherwise. 


"Hello, Oppa. Is Fany-ah with you right now? I can't get through her phone", she lied yet again. She praying that he will tell her that they are together because of work. She's praying so hard to hear that but it did not. 


"Hi, Taeyeon. We're not together. She asks for a short vacation for 3 days. Do you want me to call her?",


Taeyeon didn't know that. Tiffany didn't tell her about her plan. She can't think of anything as to why she needed a vacation if they already decided to that a break for a week on their 6th anniversary. 


"No need. Maybe she just fell asleep at home. Thanks, oppa",


A lot of thing is running through her mind. The nightmare and trauma of her childhood is slowly flashing right in front of her. 


She's having trouble breathing. Her hands are shaking and her tears are threatening to escape from her eyes. 


It took her a few minutes before she had the courage to dial her girlfriend's number. Tiffany's phone is ringing only and Taeyeon dialed it again and again until the 4th time call. 


"H-hi...l-love...", a out of breath Tiffany answers her call


"Where are you? You seems to be out of breath",


"Uh-ah. I'm at the gym. I-uh, just finish in the treadmill. Why'd you call?",


Taeyeon knew her well. She never stutter unless she's lying and was caught lying which add up to her suspicion. "Nothing. Okay, bye",


"A-alright, love",


And that's when it sink in that Tiffany is cheating on her and has been lying to her. Taeyeon is crying like a child. 


She is reminded about what her dad did to her mom. Cheating and lying. That's what he did to her mom and her as a child. 


It was hard for a 8 year old like her to see how her mom is slowly getting defeated by her mental health because of what his dad did to them. 


He's been cheating and had been lying to them that he has another family when all that they know is he's been working so hard to provide for their family but it was all a lie. 


He was not working like what they thought but he's been spending time with his other family before going back home to them to sleep and that's it. 


Because of that, Taeyeon never really forgiven her dad who she blamed for losing her forever. 


Because of him, her best friend is gone forever. 


Because of him, her beloved mother will never be able to watch her grow. 


Because of him, she never truly believed in love and marriage. 


And because of him, she never really recovered by the pain and trauma of his cheating and lying and especially with the death of her mom. 


Taeyeon lived with her grandmother, her mom's mother. Since living there, she never saw her dad ever again. 


She hated him all throughout his life. Not until she met Tiffany who let her open her heart to forgiveness. She somehow manages to let her let go of those hatred in her heart but still some is left and she can't let it go. 


Taeyeon never dated any guy because she thinks that all of them are the same like her father. She's ready to grow old alone just herself. 


But all of that changed when Tiffany suddenly confessed to her about her feelings for her. She doesn't want to but thinking of being with the person that makes her feel happy drags her to accept it. 


They were the happiest when together. Their friends saw it and became a witness of their love. 

 

Taeyeon went home with a blank mind. She can't think of anything aside from running away. She can't be with someone who is like her father. 


"Why Fany? What did I do to you? You could have just tell me that you already found someone else and I am willing to let you go. But why?", Taeyeon is crying again while looking at their photos that is hanging on the wall of their home. 


The house that she shared with Tiffany. A place that she called her Home because Tiffany is her home. 


Without waiting for her to explain, Taeyeon pack her clothes and put it inside her car. She only left a small bag inside as she waits for Tiffany to come home if she will. 


With a short amount of time, Taeyeon already planned everything. She already wrote a letter for Tiffany and left the inside her now empty closet. 


She even cook them a dinner but it was now 10pm and Tiffany is still not home. And Taeyeon has no intention of calling her again not after she lied to her. 


Taeyeon is almost done transferring and sending important documents when she heard a car pulling in front of their house. 


She's thinking that if that guy drives her home, that's the end for her already. Slowly getting up and peeps through the window.


There she saw the love of her life holding hands with a man and both of them are smiling so sweet. When the guy leans in, Taeyeon closes the curtains. 


It is already painful for her and seeing it herself is worst. She's shaking but she's trying her best not to make it obvious as she just continues what she's doing in her laptop. 


"Hi, love. You shouldn't have waited for me", Tiffany greeted her like she didn't do anything. 


"Did you eat already?",


"I already did. Have you?", Tiffany asks back while she's about to kiss her. 


But Taeyeon dodged her and instead, she closes her laptop before getting up. "I was waiting for you. Did you change your perfume? You smell like a man",


"I'll eat with you, love", she didn't answer her question. "Are you okay?", 


"I am. Should I be not okay? Tell me", Taeyeon replies with a very cold tone. 


It sends shivers down to her spine as Tiffany never heard her talk to her like that. And that hits her. Guilt is now eating her alive. 


Then she saw Taeyeon's duffle bag sitting on the couch. "Are you going somewhere that I didn't know?",


"Yes", 


"Where? How long are you going to be away?",


"Business trip. 2 weeks. I hope you'll be fine by yourself",


Taeyeon is trying her best to stay strong and not to breakdown despite hearing her heart breaking with every word she tells her. 


"W-what? Are you serious, Taeyeon?", Tiffany couldn't believe it. Their anniversary is only a week away and they already had everything all set in. 


"Yes",


"Have you forgotten about our anniversary?!",


Taeyeon let out a sarcastic laugh. " that anniversary", she says with a very low voice. 


"What did you say?",


"I said I'll try to come back before that",


Tiffany wants to hold her but Taeyeon wouldn't let her. "I'm sorry", that's all she can tell her that moment. "Uh-um... I'll go take a shower. I love you, Taeyeon",


No reply. It's crazy how Tiffany still can tell her that she loves her girlfriend after cheating on her. 


When alone again in the living room, Taeyeon receives several message from an unknown number. The moment she open it, she just lost it. 


Everything went dark. Everything is surreal. 

Deja vu. 

Someone just sent her photos of Tiffany and that unknown man together. It seems like they are going out for a long time already. 


Her world crashes down upon seeing those photos of the two kissing in a car. The same car that she saw few moments ago. 

 

It was like a replay when she was 8 years old. Her mom also found out about her dad's cheating through someone else. 


The beginning of another unforgettable and unforgivable happenings. 


"Why can't I hate you, fany? You make me believe that we'll be together always",


It's time for her to go. 

She's not hers anymore. 


Going to the room, Taeyeon saw the woman that she loves the most exiting the bathroom. She stare at her for awhile making a last memory of her. 


Tiffany is confuse to see her staring at her blankly so, she walks towards her and she can see tears in her eyes. "What's wrong? Are you okay?",


Taeyeon just shook her head, hold her in the shoulders and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I need to go now. Take care of yourself and always be happy. I love you more than my life, love",


"Stop it, Taeyeon. You're scaring me. You said it's only a business trip but why is it like you're not coming back?", Tiffany is scared. 


"I'm going now. Good bye, Tiffany",


Tiffany watched her close the door thinking that she's only going away for a business trip and will be coming home to her again but unknown to her, Taeyeon is not coming back to her. 


The next day. 


Monday morning. 7am in the morning. Tiffany is still sleeping soundly when a loud thud on the door wakes her up. 


"Taeyeon!!! Tiffany!!!",


More knocking and she's sure that it was their friends. Still sleepy, she goes to the door and open it. As soon as the door opens, a slap on her face greeted her. 


Sunny slapped her. "What the did you do? Where is Taeyeon?!",


"W-why?", Tiffany is shaken with the slap and everyone is glaring at her. "Taeyeon left last night for a business trip", 


"Unnie, did she tell you anything last night?", YoonA asks her while the others are searching the house


"No, she did not. What's going on? Can someone please tell me what's wrong?!", 


They all stop what they are doing hearing Tiffany raises her voice. They look at her in disbelief. "Go check your ing phone!", Sooyoung yell at her


Tiffany quickly get her phone in their room and was surprise to see tons of messages and missed calls from her friends and manager. 


Her eyes widen seeing the photos that Taeyeon shared in their group chat. And the message that she wrote struck her in the heart. 


'5 years ago, I promise you that I will do everything just to keep you happy. I also told you that I am willing to disappear if it means it will continue making you happy. I don't- I can't- I still love you but your happiness is more important'


'Girls, don't be mad at her. Please look after her coz I won't be with her now. I love you all girls and I will see you all again when I'm okay'


'Don't look for me because I don't even know where I am heading right now. All that I know is that I need to go'


Tiffany immediately checks Taeyeon's closet and drawers. Everything is gone. She is gone. "No! She's coming home! She told me she's going to be away for 2 weeks!",


"Fany, breath!", Yuri is the first one to comfort her. 


She sat her on the bed and rub her back. The girls also circles around her telling her to calm down. "It's my fault! It's my fault! I'm the worst person!",


"Fany-ah, why? Out of all of us, you know it very well how traumatic cheating is to Taeyeon. You two are doing well. What happened?", Hyoyeon sadly asks her. 


"I-I don't know. I can't even explain it why I did that",


"How long has it being going between you and that guy?",


Tiffany felt nothing but disgust to herself and she knew that she can't believe anyone other than herself. "3 weeks. But I already ended it yesterday because I can't do it anymore. Taeyeon, she's the only one that my heart desires",


"You ended it at the hotel? What were you thinking!", Sooyoung couldn't believe that she is capable of doing that. 


"H-how? Who told you that?", scared of having people to know what she did. 


"We were at the hotel yesterday. We saw you. Taeyeon saw you two and you know what she did? She lied to us. She told us that you were there for a photoshoot! What did she do to you?! Taeyeon doesn't deserve this especially not from you! Because Taeyeon would always tell me that you're all that she have and she can't live without you!", Sunny is so frustrated and concern for her friend. 


Taeyeon might've be a genius but when it comes to her relationship with Tiffany and with her emotions she can be considered as stupid. 


She is always being eaten by her emotions and sometimes she can be very stubborn. 


"Fany unnie, I think you should see this", Seohyun is pointing inside Taeyeon's closet. 


As soon as they saw what she's pointing at, they all gasps. Tiffany pick it up and collapses on the floor. 


She's sobbing so hard and calling out Taeyeon's name over and over again that makes her friends to cry with her too. 


"Yesterday. The reason that all of us are at the hotel is because Taeyeon asks us about the place. She's planning to propose on your 6th anniversary. She really loves you Fany and I never couldn't imagine that you will do this to her", Sunny calmly explain 


"I love her. I did something very stupid but I love her. I really do. I love her. I love her. I-I l-love her",


It wasn't what they expected it to be. They were all mad at Tiffany for what she did but what they are seeing makes them believe that it was just a stupid choice. 


Nothing can be change now as Taeyeon is gone. No one knows where she is and what's running through her mind. 


"Leave me alone. Taeyeon will be home soon. She told me that she'll be home in 2 weeks. She never break her promise. Taeyeon will be home", 


As days goes by, the girls are getting worried with Tiffany. Since that day, she never went out of their house especially their bedroom. 


She's been miserable without her knowing that she causes it. 


The girls will often checks on her but in the end they will just give up trying make her go out of the house and most importantly, they've been trying to make her eat something. 

 

"Tiffany come on. It's been 2 weeks now. I know it's hard on you but, Taeyeon, she's not coming back. You have to accept that by now. Her not with doesn't mean the world has ended already",


"It is! You don't know what I am feeling! You don't know anything!", snaps at them


"We're trying to be a good friend to you despite all of us wanted to hate you! If you think by starving yourself to death will make her come back then fine! If you think by locking yourself inside this house will make her come back then fine! But let me remind you, you're not the victim here. You're the one who cause all of this and it is only right for you to make it right! Do something!", Sunny cannot take it anymore. 


She's been looking for Taeyeon everywhere that she knew Taeyeon will go but failed. And seeing Tiffany slowly becoming like Taeyeon's mother is something that she cannot let it happen. 


"Do you think I am not doing anything? I've been paying different detectives to find her! I've been contacting everyone that I know who knew her! But there's nothing I can aside from that! If you are all here because Taeyeon asked you to take care of me then you can all go and don't come back! I don't need any of you! All I need is Taeyeon! Bring my love back to me", Tiffany is begging them. 


She even kneel in front of them. Even though she's too weak to move, she endure it. That's how desperate she is. "I know one of you knew where she is. So, I'm begging you to let me see her even for one last time. I need to say sorry. I need to tell her that it's my fault. I need to say goodbye to her because it should have been me going away not her. I am the only one who suddenly appears and squeezed myself in to your group",


"I am the one who deserves to be left alone not her. So, please. I'm begging you all. Just one last time. Please. I need to see her. Guys, don't hide her from me. I promise I will disappear after so that you can have your friend back",


The girls are shocked. Tiffany who is the strongest among them in terms of her mentality is now on her knees, sobbing and begging them but they can't do anything. 


The 2 weeks that Taeyeon had promise her arrives. Tiffany is waiting outside. She's waiting for to arrive home after her business trip. 


Her detectives still cannot find her whereabouts. Even those close to her at the office has no idea as to where she could possibly go. 


Tiffany disappeared from the limelight. She cancelled everything and even her contract with her agency. She's not doing it make Taeyeon feel guilty or anything but she knew that it was the right thing to do. 


Meeting Harry during one of her photoshoot sparks something on her that she cannot explain. He can make her laugh. She's comfortable around him. They quickly clicked. And the next thing she knew is she's doing something that she shouldn't but it was too late already when she realized it. 


Harry and her dated several times. But, she can swear that she didn't sleep with him. All that they do is talk and laugh and cuddle. 


Yes, they kissed but that's all. She never let it go further than that. She knew they can't. 


She's been crying again. She's drowning herself in tears. 


Suddenly her phone rings. Not even bothering to look at the caller, she just answer it and put it in her ear. "Get inside. It's cold. Don't wait for me. I am not going home. Stop crying",


"T-Taeyeon!", she quickly got up and search around her but she can't see her anywhere near her. "Love, where are you?",


"I'm here. I will always be here for you",


"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. But, it's not what you think. I didn't slept with him. I only kiss him and that's it. Believe me. I'm sorry. I know what I did is something you wouldn't forgive but-",


"I know. I met harry and he explained it to me. If you want me to forgive you, go inside now and eat. Don't be like what my mom did to herself because I will never forgive you and myself. Eat something please",


Tiffany started crying again hearing Taeyeon's voice cracking. "Please come home",


"I don't have a home anymore, Fany-ah. I am lost wandering where do I belong. It hurts so much. I don't know what to do anymore",


"This your home",


"Not anymore. That place is where I witnessed my mom being cheated on. And that place is where I've been cheated on",


"I'm so sorry. Can I at least see you one last time? Please. 5 minutes. Or even 1 minute", Tiffany begs her


"It's better for us to not meet. Maybe when it all heals and sink in why not but for now, take care of yourself and be happy",


"Happiness is you. Home is you. But it was all gone because of me. I will not force you to forgive me, to see me again but the girls, they are worried about you too",


The line suddenly went quiet. All that they can hear is their heavy breathing until Taeyeon breaks the silence. "I will talk to them. Soon. Tiffany, get inside. You'll catch cold. Take care of yourself. Bye",


"Taeyeon wait!",


"Yes?",


"I love you",


And the line disconnected. 


Then a familiar black car passed by. "Taeyeon! Taeyeon! Please...", Tiffany run after the car but failed as it speeds up before disappearing right in front of her eyes. 


Tiffany spent her days drinking all day long because that's is how she finds solemn and her guilt is not eating her up. 


She forgets the agonizing problems that she is currently facing when she's drunk that makes her to sleep almost all day. 


She puts on a façade. Pretending to be okay when someone is around her but it's the opposite when she's alone. 


Alcohol became her friend. 


No one is allowed to go to her house anymore. She wouldn't let them in if they will come knocking on her door. 

 

"Girls, have you heard anything from Tiffany?", Sunny asks. They are currently having lunch together and they've been inviting Tiffany to join them but she's refusing to meet any of them. 


"I saw her yesterday at the grocery. She's not the same anymore. She's a different person now. When I looked at her, it seems like her life is over. I couldn't even look her in the eyes", Sooyoung tells them. 

 

They just sigh defeated. They knew that no one can help her except for Taeyeon. She's the only one. 


"How bout Taeyeon? Yul, did she tell you when she's coming back?",


"Ah, about that. Taengo said she'll be back in a week", Yuri informs them. She met Taeyeon in a mall while buying something and that's when she realized there something about her that changed but she can't pinpoint what it was. 


"Did she tell you where she's been staying at?",


"No but I think she's been living in her car. I secretly followed her and her car is packed with her stuffs. It doesn't look like she's staying in a apartment or hotel",

 

The girls are wondering what is she up to by doing all that. All that they know is she's hurt. Hurt in the worst possible way. The pain that she's been feeling is unimaginable. 

 

Taeyeon.


She's been driving around not because she has nowhere to go but because she's been looking for someone who she haven't seen for almost 2 decades. 


It's a long overdue confrontation. She needed to hear why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter