A Twist in My Story

Angel

 

****Two Years Later****

My little confession two years back brought me to nowhere. I couldn’t even understand what exactly happened. I said I liked him as well and we knew how each other felt. And now, I’m ashamed that I even said those words to him. I wish I just ignored what he said. That way, I wouldn’t be like a heroine getting myself hurt like this. He’s told me a new secret again. He said he’s going out with someone wonderful now.  He said he’s so in love with her. That’s great. Seriously, it’s great. At least when I go away, you’ll be smiling like the way an angel would. Damn it…why can’t I at least be with him forever even just as his friend? Why does this have to come to me? My thoughts were put to a stop when something heavy put its weight on my shoulder.

 

“HEY!”

I jumped up and looked to see who it was. Of course, it was him.

“Hey…”

“Why are you so down?”

“Oh…nothing…so, is the show finished?”

“Wait…you weren’t watching?! What a friend!”

He gave me a cute look I couldn’t resist. I sighed and forced a smile.

“I’m sorry…I’m not allowed to go out of this room…”

“Why?”

“Because…” Oops…no…no…don’t tell him…

He noticed I was hiding something. He pouted and pleaded me to tell him what’s wrong.

“You’ll know it someday! Don’t worry!”

“But, I might not get a good night’s sleep if you won’t tell me now…”

“Oh, you’ll get a good one, don’t worry…” Why bother? You’ve got your girl anyway…

 

Am I jealous? Yeah…I guess I am. No! I have to wake up and realize things again. Yet again, I am not his and he is not mine. I am no one else’s…and that’s good. I couldn’t tell him that this is already my last day working for him. I know it’ll be hard for both of us. Luckily, he didn’t have any plans for dinner so I treated him for the last time. As I watch every move he makes, every smile he flashes, I choke my tears and hold it in me. Goodbye, my angel…

As a gentleman, he walked me to my house. But before I could enter, I threw up again. I was already feeling nauseous the whole day so, this would happen. But this time, he saw it. I threw up my own blood and fell on the floor.

 

“_______! _______!” I could hear him frantically shouting my name and I could feel him trying to pull me back up

“Why the hell are you throwing up blood?!”

I shook my head slightly and tried to stand up with all my might. I wiped off the remaining blood on my mouth and forced a smile.

“I…I’m f--“

“Don’t you dare say “you’re fine”! What the heck is wrong?”

“No…really…I’m fine. I just have to take in a few meds and I’ll be okay again.”

“Okay…If that’s what you want. I’ll take you back up to your unit.”

 

He carried me on his back. Gosh…this is such a killjoy moment. It’s my last moments with him and yet, I have to throw up like that. He laid me on my bed and gave me a glass of water to drink. I asked him to go home.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?”

“Yes, I am. Now, go.”

“Okay. Good Night…See you tomorrow…”

“Yeah…”

 

I forced a smile again and watched that angel smile at me and turn away. When I heard him close the door and leave, my tears came out. I was crying my heart out. Why do I have to leave such a wonderful person? I tried to drink the water he offered me to calm myself down. Tomorrow, my closest friend (besides him), will be coming in early and will help me pack my things. I’ll be spending my last days in a hospital ward like everyone else. The word “Cancer” took over me a year ago and because I wasn’t paying that much attention to my health, it reached its worst state in an instant. Ryeowook never found out about it. But he did notice me get dizzy and excuse myself to throw up most of the time. I felt sorry for not telling him so I got up with the remaining strength I had and took a pen and paper.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Like what I've said before, this story's got two endings.. I decided to upload the original version :)

Will upload the last two chapters tomorrow :)

 

Comment ♥