First date

An Inconvenient Game
Please log in to read the full chapter

𝐀𝐫𝐢

“One americano!” I called out and put the drink on the table. A hand reached out and touched my hand as they held the drink.

“That’s mine.” Yeonjun winked and kept holding the drink while slightly clenching his fingers around my hand.

I swallowed and gaped at him like an idiot.

Bzz.

Bzz.

I heard my phone, so I reached down to grab my phone, but it wasn’t in my apron, as usual.

“You gonna answer that?” Yeonjun smirked and nodded towards me.

I lightly shook my head, clearly confused.

“Wake up, Ari.” He said.

BZZZ.

“What?”

“Wake up…” He raised a brow and suddenly blurred from my vision.

“Hmm?” I opened an eye and looked at my bedroom window. I blinked a few times, then let my head fall back on my pillow with a groan. “Was just a dream… Ugh.”

My phone kept buzzing and I rubbed a hand over my face before clicking ‘answer’ and putting it to my ear.

With my eyes still shut, I muttered clearly annoyed my dream was disturbed. “Hello…”

Someone coughed, “Hm… Sorry. Is this a bad time?” A chuckle resonated from the end of the line.

Sitting up in shock, my mouth opened and closed like a fish. “Yeon-” My voice cracked- to which I tried to hide with a cough. “Yeonjun.. Hi. Eum, how are you?”

Another laugh. “I should be asking you that. You sure you don’t want me to call back another time?”

“No, no! It’s okay. I’m up now. So, what’s up?”

“Well… One of my classes got cancelled, so I was wondering if you wanted to grab some breakfast with me?”

“Oh, like now?”

“It can be another day too if-”

“I’m free!”

Another laugh resulted from him. “Alright. Wanna meet at Aura Café for… 10am?”

I glanced at the time. 8:13am. I blinked. It was still a bit early for me, but my excitement to finally meet with Yeonjun took over my fatigue.

“Yeah! I’ll meet you then.”

“Nice. See you soon.” I could hear the smile in his voice and smiled at the thought.

“See you.”


***


“Is the fit alright?” I did a small twirl as I facetimed Yerin.

“Hmm, maybe a dress would be better.”

I looked down and back up, “But I’m wearing a skirt! Isn’t that the same?”

“Uh-huh.”

“I like my fit though… It’s comfortable.”

“You can be comfortable any other day! This is your FIRST DATE with the guy. You need to WOW the crap outta him.”

“It’s not my outfit that’s going to leave a lasting impression, anyway.” I shook my head like ‘duh’.

“Maybe not… But it’s a big factor- And he looks like the type who dresses well, so you gotta one up the guy.”

With a sigh, I went back to my wardrobe and picked out something else. I took out wide legged charcoal pants, a white turtleneck with a cropped beige knit vest that would be completed with some accessories, a long brown felt coat, cross bag and a pair of heeled boots.

My hair being slightly wavy, I decided to let them loose and just add some earrings to make my outfit look more balanced.

I walked back to my phone and slightly twirled my coat for Yerin. “So?”

She clicked her tongue. “Still not a dress… But good enough for me… You look great in it, so APPROVED.”

“Yes! The Yeri’s stamp of approval… finally.” I rolled my eyes with a small smile and saw Yerin hold out her tongue at me.

“Now go before you’re going to be late!” Yerin waved her hands. “And don’t forget to call me to tell me all the deets!” I yelled thanks before hanging up.

I could suddenly feel the jitters and let out a long breath, while I shook my arms to let the nerves out.

“Okay… It’ll be fine. It’ll be great. You’ll have an amazing time.” I nodded to myself and went to my door to let myself out.


𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The boy shook his leg as he clasped his hands together. He looked at the time, 9:52AM, it showed.

“Still a bit of time…” The dirty blonde muttered under his breath. She wouldn’t bail, would she? He wondered.

Blowing a small raspberry, he put his elbows on the table and pushed his hair back from his eyes. The boy was doing anything to distract himself from the nervous excitement he was feeling.

It had been some time since he’d taken anyone out on a date, so the rollercoaster of emotions felt new to him again. Even when he performed or danced for his classes he didn’t feel as nervous… 

“Would you like to order soon?” A voice broke him out from his thoughts. He looked at the waitress and saw her patiently wait for his response.

“Ah- no. I’m waiting for someone.” Yeonjun smiled politely and the girl nodded as she went back to serve other customers.

Yeonjun fiddled with his fingers, and looked at the time on his phone, 9:54am. Only 2 minutes had passed, but it felt longer than that.

He glanced towards the restaurant’s large windows and saw a familiar face that made him softly smile. Ari was walking with a confused look on her face as she checked her phone. Her head kept loo

Please log in to read the full chapter