Crescent moons

An Inconvenient Game
Please log in to read the full chapter

๐€๐ซ๐ข

I had just finished my third practice run when Yeonjun swiftly appeared to my left. A got a waft of his scent again and I tried really hard not to make it look like I was taking a deep breath of it.

He tilted his head so he was more at my level and smiled his cute smile of his. "You good?"

Nodding fervently, I quickly answered. "Hmm. You just smell so-ย hot."

Silence.

. If an emoji could pretty well describe how I felt right now, it would be the clown one.

Then Yeonjun burst out in laughter. His hand covered half of face but he seemed utterly delighted by my random comment while I was laughing at myself for not controlling my thoughts and just being an idiot.

Once he calmed down and wiped his tears-ย I made him cry from laughter... He spoke again. "You're hella cute Ari."

I didn't know how to react to his flirting so I just shyly smiled and put one hand up to hide my view from him, because I literally couldn't take more of this. He knew how to make a girl blush.

Trying to divert the attention elsewhere other than myself, I looked around to find my game partner gone and frowned. "Wait- where's Beomgyu?"

Yeonjun looked behind me and squinted to see if Beomgyu was anywhere nearby. He shrugged, "I guess he got bored with us."

My shoulders slumped. "But I was ready to beat him... I even practiced."

I felt warm hands on my shoulders and looked up to Yeonjun being one hand away from my face. "We can play if you want?"

His proposition was sweet, but it felt weird to continue a game I was supposed to play against someone else.

I still politely said yes, which made him smile widely. I couldn't sayย noย to that face.

As we took turns playing Space Invaders, my mind still wandered off to the boy who pestered me to play games with him. I wondered if I'd done something to make him leave...

When it was Yeonjun's turn to play, he seemed fully invested so I took my phone out and blinked a few times. I realized I never exchanged numbers with Beomgyu. With a sigh, I put it back and played a bit more with Yeonjun until I had the top score on the machine.

"YESS!" I fist bumped the air. "I'll sleep like such a baby tonight!"

"You're actually pretty good at games." Yeonjun put his back to the arcade machine.

"A girl can play games too." Which was kind of an understatement, since there were more and more gamer girls, but guys were still not used to it.

"So you like to game?"

I nodded in response.

"Nice! What do you like to-"

"JEESUS ARI!" Yerin's voice took over Yeonjun's as she pushed through the crowd of people to get to us.

I turned to her with wide eyes. "Wh-what? What's up?"

Yerin held my arms, but gave a quick look at Yeonjun, apologetically. "Sorry to cut the night short for you two-" She turned to me. "But Saera is KO, so we gotta bring her back home."

"What about Joohan?" I pouted, disappointed that I wouldn't get to hang out more with Yeonjun. I also needed to find Beomgyu before we left to schedule a rematch.

"He already left with some friends to go eat."

"Ah..."

Yerin hugged me close. "I know, girl... But you can ask him out on a date, now." She said only loud enough for me to hear.

I hugged back, then pulled away to smile at the boy I said smelled 'hot'. Yeonjun gave a small smile.

"Alright then!" My friend said, totally not awkwardly. "I'll wait for you at the entrance, Ari." Yerin pointed at me and left when I nodded to her.

Once I looked back at Yeonjun, we took a few steps towards each other and I could feel like this was the perfect time to kiss, but something held me back.

He slowly leaned in, but out of nervousness I just went in to kiss him on the cheek.

Yeonjun looked down and shook his head with a smile. "I'll take it."

Blushing all shades of red possible, I fidgeted with my fingers and spoke. "It was... really nice to meet you, Yeonjun. You made the night so much more pleasant than I anticipated."

He smiled at that. "I'm glad to hear that. I also had a pretty amazing time." He paused and looked at me intently. Raising his hand to my cheek, he pushed away a few strands of my hair and let his fingers trail down the side of my face until his hand went back to his side. "Just wished it wasn't cut short..."

The guy must know his effect on girls,ย right? He was way too good. Jeez. I still couldn't help but feel butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

"Why don't we-"

"Maybe we can-"

We laughed.

"You-"

"No you-"

We laughed again.

๐๐ž๐จ๐ฆ๐ ๐ฒ๐ฎ

"Huening Kai out." Taehyun deadpanned once I reached him near the bar.

"How am I not surprised?"

Taehyun sighed. "Someone has to bring him home."

"He was with Soobin. The guy can take care of him."

"Soobin left before Huening KO'ed."

Please log in to read the full chapter