Choices

My way

Now, alone in her room she falls on her bed. Thinking. Thinking about her future. What would it mean leaving China and staying in Korea? Would it really be a good choice? She didn't know.

The promising fame, would she even get famous? So many girls chased the dream of becoming famous but being objectively, how many became famous?

She lied there and looked aroung her room. Her wall full of photos showing her life in China. How chould she leave this place where she grew up?

So many questions but no answer. The answer lies in the future. The only way to get it is to be brave and to take the chance. Despite not knowing how her career would be in Korea, would she be happy to stay here and never know what could have happened?

No, she was the girl who demanded to go to Beijing only to be accepted in BDA. Her ten year old former self had been brave enough to take this challenge. Why was she even thinking so much? She had to take this opportunity. It was only a new challenge to herself.

 

The next day she stood up early looking at the mirror. She looked at her image and she was ready. Ready to take this new challenge.

Entering the bureau her heart beat so fast she could hear it beating. With every step she went in she got more stressed. There she sat in front of the woman whit whom she signed the contract and who was her manager.

 

"So you know why you are here?"

"YEah, so what is this all about... some information?"

"I'm going to make it short: You're going to Korea to become a trainee."

 

Speechless. For a moment she was speecheless although she already knew that it would be like this. But hearing and imagining it are two different things.

 

"So what are you thinking. You really don'T have many options. You're already signed and let's be objective. You're signed into a Korean company not taking this chance is unlikely.  Signing the contract you should have expected going to Korea."

"I know..."

"Why are you even thinking? Not everyon get this chance so take it. Don't think about it. It's decided next week you're going to fly to Korea and become a trainee."

 

She looked at the woman sitting in front of her. Although she told herself that she was right, it's a must to go there she still was afraid. However, at the end she agreed and they discussed everything.

 

At home she sat on there day dreaming about her day. She encountered her friends and she hestitated to tell them everything. At first, they had supported her decision to sign into a korean company and were happy for her. However, after knowing she would leave the country they all got upset. But they agreed to stay in contact and joked she shouldn't forget them after becoming famous.

Then she held her head between her hands and sighed. She had to tell her boyfriend about her leaving her home. He was a good man.

They were both friends at first but later got together with him proposing to her. They were happy together. Her first love and first kiss. Everything coming to an end. Nevertheless they promised to stay in touch in and to remain friends.

Some tears coming from her eyes and sliding down her cheek, after all he was her first love.

However, she said to herself to stay strong while looking at the dark sky.

The hardest part of departing was to leave her parents again. She lived in Beijing without them since she was ten and again she was leaving them and this time it was Korea.

How she wished to stay next to them. She wished to be a filial daughter to care and to earn money for them and a house like every chinese she had the dream to buy her own house.

Perhaps I can buy a house, she thought and smiled.