T2 FRIEND OR FOE

   THE POWER OF US!   apply open
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE POWER OF US: TEASER TWO Aubs @asusubs · 2h tonight's dinner, wya @notcanonash TEASER TWO: FRIEND OR FOE? And to the other side of Hoenn, all the way to the east where the land meets the sea, lies Lilycove City.

Once a popular tourist destination, the city saw signs of declining popularity when other places in the region took off, such as the fun-filled Mauville City or the thriving Rustboro City, home to business giants like the Devon Corporation. However, thanks to its Pokemon contest spectaculars and other attractions, the city now sees a revival and is putting itself back up there as a must-see tourist destination.

For starters, there's the Lilycove Museum, with walls of fine paintings for display. The museum features a collection of artwork featuring pokemon and contests, which are all free to see. The Lilycove Department Store contains just about everything you need, from pokemon items to clothes, and boasts being the largest store in Hoenn. One can check out the city harbor, where the S.S. Tidal takes you to Slateport City, as well as wind down by the beach. Lilycove is also known for its infamous Pokemon Contest Hall, where people can either participate in the coordination contest or catch a remarkable show every once in a while.

But for any locals who've been here before it flourished into a tourist place, they get to see a different side to Lilycove that's beyond the attractions.

In the busy streets of the afternoon market, a girl is strolling along with a woven basket in her hand and an azurill on her shoulder, peering over everything curiously as if this isn't his nth time seeing the same sights. There's indistinct chatter everywhere as residents come and go in between the shouts of shop owners marketing their products for the sale. She stops by the farmers market, carefully selecting out a couple of potatoes, onions, and carrots for tonight's dinner. After weighing the vegetables, the owner tells her of the price, and she hands him a couple bills.

"You can keep the change," she says. She then places the individual vegetables inside her basket and counts to see if she bought everything she needs.

"Have a nice day!" The owner wishes her, and she returns the same before walking off.

When the girl is about to leave the market, her azurill nudges the side of her face and points his bouncy tail to the pile of various berries. She doesn't even have to ask before she gives the exact change in return for one leppa berry for her needy partner pokemon. Azurill looks mighty pleased as a smile replaces his resting frowny face and starts nibbling on the spicy fruit.

With the sun soon about to set, the two start making their way back home. The further they walk into the city, the less crowded the streets become, and individual houses with their lawns and fences replace all the shops and street vendors. She greets some of the neighborhood grandmas who are sitting outside playing cards, and near the end of the street, she steps inside her own house after unlocking it.

"I'm home~" She chirps, first thing setting down the basket on the floor, and her azurill hops off her shoulder to the
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter