Sky Full Of Fireflies

Sky Full Of Fireflies

 

What if everything wasn’t as it seems. 

 

Imagine if the sparkles in the ever-dark night sky weren’t actually stars, but fireflies. Then I would imagine each firefly is looking for another firefly so they can shine even brighter together.

 

I like to think it’s the same with people. Each soul is connected to another and when they get together, they will shine brighter. 

And that’s exactly what we’re here for. To help those two souls meet. 

 

Now let me tell you how two souls met and completed each other. 

 

The story starts one rainy evening when the two of them are on their way home after work, still unknown that they will cross paths. 

 

One running to escape the rain, the other calmly walking with an umbrella in hand. They don’t see each other coming and so they bump into each other, making the umbrella fly out his hand. 

 

“Ah, I’m sorry”, the taller of the two said, out of breath, “I didn’t see you”, he picked up the umbrella which fell next to him. 

 

“It’s fine, I wasn’t looking either”, he looked at the other, “If you want to, you can borrow the umbrella, I don’t have to go far anymore anyway.”

 

“Huh? Ah no, it’s fine, I’m already wet anyway . I don’t know if I’ll see you again so it’s better you just keep it.”

 

“It doesn't matter, just keep it”, the stranger already started walking away, leaving him confused. Now that he had the umbrella it would be better to use it, so he too continued his way home. 



 

Their next encounter came even more unexpectedly. 

 

The bell at the door chimed, indicating that someone new walked into the café.

 

“Hello, welcome to Star City Café. What would you like to order?” The server uttered his standard line. 

 

“I’d like one latte macchiato, please. Thank you, Sehun.” The server looked up at the man when he heard his name. 

 

“How do you know my name?” He asked. 

 

“It’s on your name tag”, the man pointed at his chest and Sehun followed where he was pointing. “Right”, he said and turned around to make the coffee. “What’s your name?” He asked when he took the pen to write on the cup.

 

“Junmyeon”, the man answered. Sehun wrote it on the cup and put the cup on the counter, “That’ll be 3300 won, please.”

 

Junmyeon handed the money and Sehun smiled while saying the regular, “Thank you, have a nice day.”

 

“Thank you, I’ll see you again soon”, Junmyeon smiled back. 

 

“That’s not a threat, is it?” Sehun asked playfully. 

 

“Of course not”, Junmyeon waved one last time before exiting the café. He took a look at his cup and saw a tiny message. 

 

Thank you for lending me your umbrella the other day :) -Sehun

 

From that moment on Junmyeon visited the café every time he could, sometimes disappointed when Sehun wasn’t there at the counter. 

 

Nevertheless, they got to know each other better over time and exchanged phone numbers. 

 

Junmyeon learned that Sehun was actually a student at the nearby university who worked part time at the café. 

 

Meanwhile Sehun learned that Junmyeon worked in an office nearby and was older than him by three years. 

 

Today was another day Junmyeon visited the café. Sehun already expected him so he immediately looked up when he heard the bell. 

 

“Hi, Myeon! The usual?” Sehun smiled at him. 

 

“As always”, Junmyeon smiled back, “When does your shift end?”

 

“Six pm, why?” 

 

“Would you like to go to the park with me after your shift?” Junmyeon looked at him hopefully.

 

“Sure.” If Sehun wasn’t turned around, Junmyeon could’ve seen a slight blush on his cheeks.

 

After receiving his coffee, Junmyeon had to go back to his office, sad that he was unable to stay longer.



 

The closer it got to the end of his shift, the more excited he got. He even vented his excitement out on his coworker. 

 

“Kyungsoo! Do you think he’s going to ask me out?” He desperately looked at his coworker for answers. Kyungsoo just kept on looking at him calmly, “Didn’t he do that already?”

 

“ Oh come on, you know what I mean.”

 

“Why don’t you just ask him yourself?”

 

“Because you did it doesn’t mean that I can”, Sehun pouted, “You’re so lucky.”

 

“First of all, stop looking like that. Second of all, what’s the worst that could happen, you’ve already been texting for ages.”

 

When it was time Sehun practically sprinted outside where Junmyeon was already waiting for him, looking way too overdressed compared to him. 

 

“Ready?” Junmyeon asked when Sehun stood in front of him.

 

“Yes!” Sehun said, sounding very excited. “Yes”, he repeated a bit more calmly.

 

Junmyeon took his hand and they made their way to the park. Sehun smiled at Kyungsoo while waving excitedly. He wouldn’t admit it but Kyungsoo was happy Sehun found someone to love.

 

They immediately got into small talk, which turned into conversations. At one point they sat down on a bench and were enjoying the clear night sky. 

 

“Sehun, I have a question.” Junmyeon was the first to start talking. 

 

“Yes?” Sehun answered, waiting patiently.

 

“Do you have a lover?” He looked at Sehun.

 

“No, but there is someone I like.” Sehun didn't dare look Junmyeon in the eye.

 

“Ah, really? I hope it’s me because I do very much like you”, Junmyeon smiled softly.

 

Thanks to that comment Sehun started blushing, “It actually is.” Junmyeon’s head turned immediately, “Wait,really?!”

 

“Of course”, Sehun blushed even harder.

 

“Then, do you want to date?”

 

“Yes!” Sehun yelled and hugged Junmyeon in his enthusiasm.

 

“You’re so cute”, Junmyeon said and kissed the side of Sehun’s head when he hid his face on Junmyeon’s shoulder.



 

That’s how two souls met and learnt to sparkle together. I forgot to tell you one last thing. Angels exist and I’m one of them. Junmyeon, the angel who fell in love while trying to help others do the same.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: The name of the café mentioned is based on the song Star city cafe by Hevel and Elvito ;) You should check it out