Three

But You

Luda woke up alone, there's no Eunseo beside her. It's like everything happened yesterday was a dream. Suddenly, a knock at the door snaps her out of her thought. Luda saw Eunseo walks inside the room with a tray. 

"Unnie, here's your breakfast. I'm sorry I can't really cook. I hope you don't mind pancakes." Eunseo smiles.

"It's okay. Thank you. Have you eaten?"

"I have. My dad and your mom have gone to the airport. They told me that they need to sort some things out in China then go to honeymoon for a while before coming back again. It seems like we'll be living together for a while." Eunseo smirks.

"W-What?" Luda is shocked. Her mom never told her about going back to China and abandoning her here alone, especially alone with Eunseo. "I don't think my mom ever told me that."

"Yeah, it seems like she trusted me a lot to take care of you after yesterday's event, you know?" 

"Y-yeah, maybe." Luda is out of words. She couldn't believe her mom would just left her with Eunseo if she knew they had a history. It's awkward now with Eunseo, Luda didn't know what to say or what to do, she just wanted to disappeared.

"Unnie, are you okay? Do you want to go out? I'm going to meet my friends today. Maybe you'll want to tag along and buy some clothes? You know, your mom asks me to help you shop a bit unnie."

Friends? Is it the four girls? If she's meeting with Soobin and the others, Eunseo would just say their name right? Is one of those girls her girlfriend? Or she's just want to use them as alibi to meet with her boyfriend? Luda is lost in her thought until Eunseo calls her again.

"Hello? Luda unnie? Are you okay?" Eunseo frowns seeing Luda spaces out.

"I-I'm sorry, there's just a lot in my mind." Luda said. Eunseo sits down in the bed and scoots closer to Luda. "Are you sure you're really okay, unnie?" Eunseo cups Luda's cheeks with her hands, looking at Luda with full of concern. Eunseo's gaze is so soft that Luda feels like her head is spinning. Luda's head spins more when she realized that Eunseo is looking at her lips. Unknowingly, Luda is leaning closer until Eunseo abruptly remove her hands from Luda's cheeks and stood up. 

"J-just eat your breakfast and get ready. We'll be leaving in an hour, if you want to come. I'll come back later." With that, Eunseo walks out of the room, leaving Luda. 

Why did she backs away? Luda can't help but think about that. Is Eunseo really taken? But why did Eunseo said that she still loves me yesterday? Is it just a dream? Or maybe because we're sisters now that she's stopping herself? Luda's head is about to explode thinking about all the possibilities. But for now, she'll just eat and get ready.

"What is it? She's leaning closer to me? I'm not dreaming right? Luda is about to kiss me right?" Eunseo blabbering to herself once she gets into the kitchen. "It's insane, does it really like I have a chance now? But we're sisters now, but not a real one? God, it's so confusing." Eunseo grabs her hair, she's really stressed out because of their condition. Eunseo knows that she shouldn't do this, she's a casanova. At least she should clear her name first before start pursuing Luda again. She couldn't make people think that Luda is only one of her toys, right? Eunseo wouldn't want people to label Luda like that just because of her reputation. She'll change, she could change now. But what if Luda is not single anymore? Maybe she should make sure of that first? 

"Yeah, I could just ask her that. I asked that to girls at parties all the time to make sure not to ruin a relationship. Yeah, I could just just said 'hey beautiful, are you single?'. No, no, no, I can't act like she's one of the girls I played with. Not Luda unnie. She should be special. But how? Urgh, it's just frustating. Maybe I could ask Bona unnie for help. No, no, she must be teasing the hell out of me if she knew I'm having a trouble at this. Maybe Dawon unnie? Yeah, Dawon unnie will be a good choice." With that, Eunseo punched in Dawon's number and calls her. 

"Hello?" Dawon's sweet voice echoes through the phone.

"Unnie, I need your help. But don't laugh at me, please." Eunseo begs.

"What is it? Why do you sound so desperate, Eunseo-ya?" Dawon chuckles. 

"I want to ask a girl out, but I don't know if she's single or not. How should I ask her about it without sounding weird?" Eunseo said and waits for Dawon's answer. But after 10 seconds of silent, Eunseo knows that Dawon is laughing at her in the other line. 

"Yah! Unnie! I know you have a muted laugh! Don't you dare laugh at me!!" Eunseo shouts. 

"Okay okay. Damn it's so funny. You're asking me that sounding so urgent? You should know that best, Eunseo-ya. Just ask the girl, hey are you single? You wanna sleep with me? No strings attached. Just like that Eunseo-ya. Like what you always do." Dawon laughs again, but muted.

"No, it's not like that unnie. I want to stop one night stand. I want to have a serious relationship with this girl. You know, I want to respect her, to treat her with all the love I could give her. And not to treat her as some toys?" Eunseo said.

"Wow, I never thought I'll hear that from you. If it's like that, just get closer to her, then find a right timing to ask her, if she had an ideal type and if she had found them? If she said no, maybe she's single. But if she said yes, you could ask her who is it and if they're her partner?" Dawon suggests.

"Well, the thing is.. I know that years ago, her ideal type is me. But I don't know for now.. It'll be awkward if I ask her that." Eunseo pouts.

"Damn you playgirl. I can't believe it, you fall for one of your toys? I thought that you said you'll never fall for one of them." Dawon is shocked.

"Aniyoooo, it's not like that unnie. She.. she's my first love I told you guys about. She's back and she's the daughter of the woman my dad wants to marry." Eunseo finally admits. But she didn't hear anything from the other line for 30 seconds. It must be Dawon trying to processed everything until she heard a shout. 

"WHATT?" Dawon shouts. "T-that first love? The one you always cried for after all your hook-ups because you feel you cheated on her? And that new sister? It's now the same person? Damn, life really s you up, Eunseo-ya." Dawon sighs. 

"Yeah I know unnie, that's why I'm really confused. I'll see you guys in an hour at the usual place, okay? I'm taking her with me too." Eunseo cuts the call after that, she really need to sort her mind and her heart. 

Eunseo is currently sitting in the sofa, she's waiting for Luda to get ready, then she heard footsteps from above. That must be Luda coming down then. Suddenly, she heaard a loud thud, when Eunseo looks for the sound, she saw Luda in the floor. 

"Luda unnie!" Without second thought, Eunseo runs to Luda and helps her up. "Did it hurt? Did you fall from the stairs? Did you scrap your knees?" Eunseo is panicking while inspecting Luda's body, checking if she hurt herself. Luda is stunned. Sure her body still hurts from falling, but now having Eunseo touching her all over, it makes her feel things. 

"I-I'm okay, Eunseo. It's just, I'm clumsy, sorry." Luda keeps her head down, her face still red because of Eunseo's touch. But then, Eunseo surprised her again by hugging her tight. 

"Unnie, don't hurt yourself. It hurts me too seeing you hurt. Promise me, you will be careful next time, okay?" Eunseo cups her chin and lift it up, making Luda having an eye contact with her. Luda could see worry in Eunseo's eyes. It's that feeling, longing, love, and Eunseo looks desperate. Luda knew, deep down she's feeling the same too. But she's still holding herself together. She'll not act recklessly, so she closes her eyes, trying to stop herself from getting influenced by Eunseo's gaze. But then, Luda feels Eunseo's hands touching her cheeks again. This time, Eunseo carrassed her face with her thumb. 

"Unnie, I do really think this fate of ours is funny. We're sisters now. But you know what? I really want to win you back. Nobody could ever replace you in my heart. If you are single, can I court you?" 

Hearing Eunseo's confession, Luda's eyes widened. Luda's looking at Eunseo like she's grown a second head, but Eunseo looks calm and still smiling at her softly. 

"You know, you're really cute now unnie, I'd really like to kiss you if you let me." Now, Eunse's thumb is grazing Luda's lips. Feeling Eunseo touching her lips, really makes Luda lost her mind, so she crashes her lips to Eunseo's. 

It's still the same, her lips still feel so soft

Their lips danced together, like old times, like how it used to be, like nothing has changed. Luda deepened the kiss by wrapping her arms in Eunseo's neck while Eunseo pulling them closer by wrapping her arms in Luda's waist. It feels right for both of them, kissing in the living room, like the old times. There's a lot of "what if's" that come to their mind, but for now, both of them is treasuring this moment and didn't want it to end. But eventually, they pull apart to breath in oxygen. 

"Wow, I miss you unnie, can we start over?" Eunseo smiles. Seeing Eunseo still smiles at her, even after what she have done to her, it makes her feel guilty.

"W-why? I hurt you, Juyeon-ah." Luda is crying now. She couldn't believe she left this angel.

"It's all in the past, unnie. I never get over you. I'll be honest with you, I've been going to parties after parties to find someone to replace you. But in the end of the day, it's always you that I craved for. It's okay if you didn't want to accept me now, I'll prove myself to you again, please let me court you again, Luda unnie." Eunseo said. 

Luda is speechless. So it's true that Eunseo has been going to many parties, it hurts Luda knowing Eunseo had fallen into many women's arms. But it's her own fault too. She left and hurt Eunseo. And seeing Eunseo being sincere with her like this makes her heart beats a lot faster. Maybe she should give the a change? 

"It's okay unnie, you don't have to answer me now. I'm sorry if I misread everything and just maybe you're not single anymore. I'll not force you, just let me know your answer when you're ready okay? Until then, I'll keep some distance with you. Maybe we couldn't go out together today. I'll leave now unnie, you could just do whatever you want, I won't disturb you." With that, Eunseo pulls out of their hugs and smiles for the last time before she walks away to the stairs, probably getting ready to change. Luda swears she saw tears from Eunseo's eyes. What should she do now? Everything is happening too fast. Luda really want to start over with Eunseo, but they're sisters now. What will their parents think? It's illegal right? Eventhough they're not actual sisters. Why must this happened to them? Funny how fate works. Luda knows, if she let Eunseo slips away this time, she'll regret it someday. So, without any second thought, she gets up and runs upstairs to Eunseo while limping because her legs still hurt from the fall earlier. 

Luda slams open the Eunseo's room door, just to find Eunseo is changing clothes. Eunseo is only in her bra and underwear, in the middle of trying to choose something to wear from her closet.

"W-what? Luda unnie?" Eunseo is flustered seeing Luda breathing heavily like she has run a marathon. Luda runs toward Eunseo, not giving Eunseo any time to process everything. Luda hugs Eunseo tightly, like her life is depending on Eunseo.

"Please, don't leave. I don't want to be away from you anymore, Juyeon-ie. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry if I hurt you. I reallly want us to start over, it's just I'm scared because everything is happening too fast. I don't know what to do, but for sure I don't want to lose you anymore, Juyeon-ie. Please stay with me. Don't you dare to keep some distance from me. I can't afford it anymore, it really to be away from you. I know you'll get hurt but I still do it, break up with you. I'm the jerk here, but why are you asking me if we could start over like it's your fault? You're too kind and forgiving Juyeon-ah. And I'm single, there's no one who could replace you, you're always in my heart these years. But we can't be together because my mom didn't accept our relationship. She found out about us, that's why I'm moving countries. Then, after some time, she finally accepts me but it's too late because we already breaks up. I thought that maybe we could start over, but after stalking you, you look like a different person, so I really don't know if you're still the same Juyeon I know. Then, then, this stupid sister thing happened. There's too much happening, Juyeon-ah. I'm confused, overwhelmed, and don't know what to do. I'm a coward who don't have courage to take a risk. I'm sorry." Luda cries and burries herself in Eunseo's neck.

"It's okay unnie, I got you. We could sort this out together, okay? Remember I'll always be with you. I'm sorry that I've changed, but trust me, my feelings for you never changed. Now it's my time to protect you, you've been protecting me ever since we know each other because you insisted that you're older. But now, let me take care of you okay? We could start over if you want, unnie." Eunseo smiles at Luda, cupping her cheeks then kissed her again. Luda feels thousands of fireworks inside her, the feeling in Son Juyeon's arms again after all this years. But to Luda's disappoinment, Eunseo pulls away and make her pouts. 

"Unnie, you know you're really cute right now. But it's really awkward with me just wearing undergarments. Let me get change and we could continue anything you wanted later, okay?" Eunseo winks at Luda. Luda's face is really red now, she didn't realized that she's hugging Eunseo in that state. It's so damn embarrasing that she wanted to disappear right now. 

"O-okay, I'll wait for you in the living room." Luda runs out from the room.

"Aigoo this unnie, now who's older?" Eunseo said to herself. She didn't care for anything now, they could start over again, it's the only thing that mattered now, she'll be the one who put up a smile in Luda's beautiful face. Eunseo knows that she has tried deceiving her heart for years to let Luda go, but all day, she's crying and crying, so after all the tears stopped, nothing has changed because her heart for Luda is still love, until now and forever.