Two

But You

Breaking up with Eunseo is not easy. Coming to Shanghai is not easy too. A whole different country, different language, different people. Luda couldn't adapt that fast. She's still in moving on phase. And cutting off all her communication with her friends, makes it harder. But Luda know that if she still contact her friends, she would want to know Eunseo's well being and if Eunseo's having a hard time moving on, she wouldn't have hesitate to fly back to Korea. But she know she couldn't, her mom didn't approve their relationship. In Shanghai, Luda finally make new friends after being misarable for months being alone. It's Chengxiao, Xuanyi, and Meiqi. The three chinese girls are very welcoming and help her to adapt here in Shanghai. Luda could survive in high school because of the three chinese girls. They helped her a lot adapting and moving on. When Luda told them about her ex, they all scold her for being dumb. Why would Luda left Eunseo like that if she really loves her. Xuanyi even talk to Luda's mom when they're having a sleepover in Luda's house. This girl is indeed brave. At first, Xuanyi told Luda's mom that she and Meiqi is in relationship, but Luda's mom is not mad at Xuanyi, otherwise very supportive at her daughter's friends in relationship. This drives Xuanyi mad, why did she is so supportive at her and Meiqi while she's forbidding Luda having a girlfriend? After talking to Luda's mom, turns out Luda's mom is scared of Luda getting hurt because of the conservative society. Luda's still underage at that time, but now Luda's in college and matured a lot, her mom actually didn't mind anymore if Luda is having a relationship with a girl. After that, Luda's mom ask Xuanyi if Luda is still with the girl she is with back in Korea. But when Xuanyi told her that they have break up because of her, her mom looked very regretful. Xuanyi told Luda's mom that Luda is moving on, and they will help Luda too, so that she didn't need to worry so much. When Luda know that her mom is now okay with her having a girlfriend, she gets excited, but then Luda remember that she didn't have any information about Eunseo. 

"You know, I'm good at tech." Meiqi told Luda.

"Yeah, Meiqi could get any information in an instant." Chengxiao said. 

That night, they stalked Eunseo, and found out she's the college casanova. This breaks Luda's heart, knowing that the Eunseo is not her Eunseo anymore. Her Eunseo is soft, never going to parties, shy, and a star athlete but never flirts with anyone. But now this Eunseo, going to every parties, flirts with everyone, and there's a rumor that she hook up with different girls every week. It's still a rumor, but seeing Eunseo's social media, Eunseo radiates a very different aura. It was, like, dark, cold and mysterious? Not soft and warm Eunseo anymore. 

"Damn she's so hot! Look at those abs! You sure have a good taste Luda-ya!" Xuanyi screams when Meiqi scrolls a photo of Eunseo in a crop top, showing her toned abs. 

"And those high nose! Damn she's attractive! And what's with that expression? She's so handsome!" Chengxiao added.

Luda just silent, not saying anything. She couldn't believe Eunseo is now like this. In high school, Eunseo will always get shy when Luda tries to see her abs. Luda always said that Eunseo is handsome but Eunseo always denied it and told her she's cute not handsome. Eunseo always acts like she wanted to be protected by Luda, like a cute puppy. But now, Eunseo looks very handsome, seems like she could protect Luda now. Wait, did Eunseo even remember Luda? It looks like she already move on. 

"Luda unnie! Hey unnie!" Chengxiao taps Luda's shoulder, worried. 

"H-huh? What is it?" 

"You're spacing out, are you okay? Do you want to contact her? Meiqi got her social media account." 

"N-no, it's okay. It looks like she has changed for good. Maybe she didn't even want anything to do with me, I've hurted her." Luda sobs.

"H-hey, don't cry Luda-yah. It's okay, take your time." Xuanyi comforts her. 

Luda cries in Xuanyi's arms, Chengxiao and Meiqi patting her back, trying to comfort her. Luda knows, Eunseo is the only one. She couldn't replace Eunseo, but it seems like Eunseo has moved on. But it's her fault right? She hurted Eunseo. Luda wonders, if by any chance, could she and Eunseo start over and fall in love all over again. She needed Eunseo, she knew Eunseo is the only one, but did Eunseo feel the same? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luda-ya, we're moving back to Korea next month." Luda's mom told her in breakfast.

"Wae? You got a promotion back to Korea mom?" Luda is confused, her eyes still puffy from crying the night before.

"Yeah, remember the guy I'm seeing? He told me he could move me back to Korea branch." Luda's mom has been seeing this guy, she told Luda he is a very good man, and very gentle with her. Luda is happy for her mom, after her dad left them for another woman, she had hope that her mom would found someone else that loves her. 

"That's nice mom. Is he the higher manager or something?" Luda asks, oblivious. 

"Nope, he's the CEO and he asked my hand for marriage yesterday Ludi."

This caught Luda off guard, she choked on her coffee and her eyes are wide looking at her mom. 

"What? Marriage? You're gonna marry him?"

"Yeah, if that's okay with you. I told him I want to ask you first before giving him answer. But despite what my answer is, we're going back to Korea."

"I-I'm okay, I have nothing to say mom. If he makes you happy, and you want to marry him, then go ahead." Luda smiles.

"Then get ready to fly back to Korea Ludi, cause I'm marrying him. And yeah, I heard from Xuanyi yesterday you've breakup with your girlfriend back in Korea. I'm so sorry honey for being conservative, maybe you could win her heart back this time?" Her mom told Luda. 

"I-I don't know mom. I don't know if she even want me anymore." Luda look down.

"You'll never know unless you try honey, just try okay?" 

"Okay mom, I'll try"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flying back to Korea brings a lot of flashback to Luda. Her friends, her high school memories, her Eunseo. No, not her Eunseo anymore, but she's reminiscing their times together, as besfriends, and as girlfriends too. Luda didn't know if Eunseo already meet someone new, or in relationship now. But you never know unless you try right? She'll win her heart back, whatever it takes. 

Luda is now in the car with her mom, going to the restaurant, where they're going to meet her future stepdad, with her new sister, according to her mom. 

"She's younger than you but a year, take care of her well okay?" Her mom said.

"But what if she's some kind of cold mom?" 

"Yah language Lee Luda!" 

"Okay, but seriously, you know I'm shy with new people mom." 

"Hyunwoo-ssi told me her daughter is very extrovert, maybe you should just sit and she'll bug you all day Ludi. But she's a little bit immature, going to parties and didn't know how to take care of herself. She look tough outside but actually very soft inside according to her dad." 

"Wow it looks like you know a lot about her, mom." 

"That's all what Hyunwoo-ssi told me, we'll meeting them soon and see if that's true." 

When they arrived at the restaurant, it seems like her new going-to-be-stepdad and her new going-to-be-sister is not here yet. After her mom told the staff about the reservation, they're directed to a table in the corner to give them some privacy. Luda is reading the menu when she heard footsteps toward their table. She could see her mom getting up so she assumed it's her mom's boyfriend. She want to leave a good impression, so she lifts her head too and get up. She meets eyes with a tall middle-age man in a suit that screams successful businessman. 

"This is Hyunwoo-ssi, Luda-ya. Hyunwoo-ssi, this is my daughter, Luda." Luda's mom introduce them both.

"Annyeong young lady, I have a feeling that we're going to get along well." The man smiles at Luda.

"Annyeong uncle" Luda smiles back, it's awkward but she needs to be polite.

"Aww, don't call me uncle, call me dad. I'm going to marry your mom, and she told me you're with it. We should familiarize ourselves." The man laughs and her mom slaps him. 

"Please, don't scare my daughter like that!" 

"I'm just joking hahahaha." 

"By the way, where's your daughter, Hyunwoo-ssi?" Luda's mom asked. Luda's ears perks up. She forgets about the daughter, where is she? Is she really a party girl? Since it's Saturday night and college parties mostly takes place at this time. 

"Ah, she's in the bathroom. She's sulking all the way here because I ask her to wear a dress and not ripped jeans with t-shirt."

"Your daughter didn't like wearing dress? It's complete opposite of Ludi." Luda's mom laughs.

"She used to be like that, but when she entered college, her wardrobe is all dark colored. I wonder why but she told me it's more comfortable wearing those clothes and she didn't want to waste time to mix and match her outfit everyday. So I don't think much about it. Speaking of the devil, she's coming, I could hear her sulking metres away." 

Luda turns her head to see who is the mysterious daughter. But when she saw her, Luda feel like her world stopped. It's Eunseo. Looking gorgeous in her tight black dress and high heels. Her hair is platinum blond now with a little bit of black in the base, just like what she saw in Eunseo's social media months ago. It's really Eunseo, the new Eunseo, not her Eunseo anymore. 

When Eunseo looks up from her dress, where her bag strap keep on getting stuck, she meets eyes with Luda. At first she couldn't believe her eyes, she thought she's just hallucinating. But she's sober and without alcohol influcence now, could she be seeing things? Eunseo made a face, she frowns and tilts her head, confused. 

"Juyeon-ah, what are you looking at? Come here, let me introduce you. This is Jieun-ssi. Jieun-ssi, this is my daughter, Juyeon, but she goes with the nickname Eunseo too." Eunseo's father introduce her daughter to her girlfriend and vice versa.

Eunseo walks toward the table, still maintaining eye contact with Luda. Luda just looks at her wide mouth.

"Why are you guys so awkward? Luda, this is my daughter, Juyeon. Juyeon, this is Jieun-ssi's daughter, Luda. You both are going to be sisters, don't be so awkward oh my god." Eunseo's dad try to light up the mood. 

"So, it's really you." Eunseo mutters herself but quickly shook her head before she could get into dumb mode. She need to be cool tonight and acts like as if nothing happened. She could be professional, just think that this is just a random encounter in the party. That's how finally Eunseo smiles, her signature loopsided smirk she gave to every girl she meet in the party.

"Hello, I'm Juyeon, you could call me Eunseo, or maybe you could call me mine but too bad we're sisters." Eunseo flirts. Luda and her mom look at Eunseo wide eyed. 

"Yah Son Juyeon! Stop with the flirting already! I know I made you can't go to the party tonight but please behave and don't flirt with your sister." Eunseo's father smacks Eunseo, earning a groan. 

"But you're not married yet! And she's gorgeous, so maybe I could flirt with her until you guys are married?" Eunseo smirks, bargaining with her dad.

"No, not even a chance, touch her and you're grounded for a month Juyeon." Her father look at her sceptical, how her shy daughter became this casanova?

"So, not a chance at all?" Eunseo pouts, then look at Luda. For a second, Luda swears she saw longing in Eunseo's eyes, but quickly it return into a playful stare.  

"It's sad that I couldn't ever taste you cupcake." 

"Yah Juyeon! Stop with for playful banter. Jieun-ssi may be considering not to marry me because of you." Eunseo's father glared at Eunseo.

"You're just the same as your daughter, Hyunwoo-ssi. Like dad like daughter." Luda's mom laughs.

"Whipped." Luda commented, gaining a glare from her mom too.

After that, dinner went smoothly, with Eunseo's father leading the conversation. Luda keep steling glances at Eunseo and everytime they made eye contact, Luda will look away quickly, missing the longing look in Eunseo's eyes. Luda still couldn't process this, if their parents are getting married, she and Eunseo will be sisters so they'll have no chance to be together at all? But still, they're step-sisters so will it be okay? Luda is so stressed so she excuse herself to the toilet. Little did Luda know, Eunseo has been staring at her when she walks to the toilet. 

"I'm going to the toilet too." Eunseo said. Before she could get up, Luda's mom call her. 

"Eunseo-ah, can I ask you a favor? Please look after Luda, she could be older than you, but she's very fragile and it seems like she's having trouble since earlier. Could you check her up?"

"Of course, I'll check her up." Eunseo smiles, politely gets up and goes to the bathroom too. 

Luda is still trying to find the toilet. Damn, this restaurant is too big and their design is like a maze. What is the architect thinking while designing this? Making a maze or a restaurant? Finally Luda saw the toilet sign at the right corner of the restaurant, she goes to that direction but when she is walking in the corridor towards the toilet, a guy walks out from the man's toilet and bumped into her. Luda fell to the ground, and that hurts. The man is big, tall, and looks like in his early 30s. He reaches out for Luda, thinking that the guy is just nice to help her up, so Luda gives her hand to him. The guy immediately pulls Luda up with force, making Luda unstable in her heels, so Luda bumped into the man's chest. He took this opportunity to grab Luda's . Luda finally processed what is happening right now, she's being harrased. Suddenly she felt her knees weak and disgusted. She wanted to break free from the man and run away, but the man's grip is too strong. The man started to fondled her and she felt her eyes getting wet. Luda shuts her eyes, feeling hopeless and scared. 

Suddenly, she heard a loud thud and she feel nothing touching her. Luda opens her eyes and see the man on the floor, nose bleeding.

"What the are you doing, you ?!!" The man shouts at his attacker, ready to throw a punch. Luda's eyes wide when she realized it was Eunseo who saved her. 

"I should ask you that you ing moron, you just ing harrased a woman!" Eunseo shouts back.

"This ing threw herself to me!" The man defended himself. Hearing the man calling Luda that, Eunseo couldn't control herself anymore, she threw a punch to the man. Punch after punch, earning themselves attention from the staffs around, but Eunseo keep punching the man, eyes red and mind hazy, Eunseo only knew that she needed to kill the man. Looking at the scene in front of her, Luda feels really scared. She couldn't move, but she must stop Eunseo, she didn't want Eunseo to kill the man if she's keep punching him in this state. The staffs tries to separate the two, but it seems like Eunseo is too blinded by anger. Luda runs toward Eunseo and backhugged her. 

"Stop it, stop it Eunseo-ya. I'm okay. Please, stop it." Luda hugs Eunseo tighter. Luda feels Eunseo calming down a bit, so she continues "I know you did that out of anger because you want to protect me, but please stop now, Eunseo-ya. Stop it, calm down, Juyeon-ie." Luda sobs. 

Hearing Luda calling her Juyeon-ie snaps Eunseo back to her senses. She could see clearly now, her hand red with blood, the man nearly unconcious in front of her. The security staff who already see the CCTV footage arrested the man for ual harrasment. Eunseo's dad and Luda's mom came running too after hearing the commotion. 

"Luda, Luda-ya, my daughter, are you okay?" Luda's mom runs to her daughter, worried in her eyes. 

"I-I'm okay mom, Eunseo saved me." Luda still hugging Eunseo, who is now relaxed under Luda's hug. Eunseo finally turns to her back and saw Luda already looking at her and smiling.

"Woah, playing hero already, Juyeon-ah? I think Juyeon will take a good care of her sister, Jieun-ssi. We don't need to worry." Eunseo's father smiled at her daughter proudly for defending her sister. But little did he know, Eunseo is defending Luda as her ex-lover who she couldn't get over. 

"I-It's nothing, I think we need to go." Eunseo said tiredly. 

"Okay, you both have a tough day, let's go home now." Eunseo's father said. 

"Ludi, we're going to Hyunwoo-ssi house, since I forget to book a hotel, and after we get married, we'll be living in Hyunwoo-ssi house too, is it okay with you?" Luda's mom asked her. It shocked Luda, but she looked at Eunseo, trying to read her expression, but she couldn't, it seems like this new Eunseo is unreadable by her anymore, her face emotionless. 

"I-If that's okay with d-dad and Eunseo, I'm fine."

"Of course it's okay with us, right Juyeon?"

"Yeah, totally fine." Eunseo said. With that, they go home. Eunseo's dad and Luda's mom goes straight to the master bedroom, having their prewedding phase, leaving Luda with Eunseo. 

"Come here, follow me, you could sleep in my room." Eunseo calls Luda who is daydreaming.

"H-huh? Okay, but where would you sleep?" Luda asks.

"Of course in my room silly." Eunseo laughs, but then she thought that maybe Luda is uncomfortable because she thought that they'll be sleeping together in the same bed "i could sleep in the couch, you sleep in the bed, no debate, it's final." Luda follows Eunseo to her room. It's awkward, she knew very well where Eunseo's room is since they always having a sleepover, but now Eunseo is guiding her like it's her first time, it feels very awkward and Luda feels there's a ing distance between them. 

"I'm going to shower first, you could choose whatever you want in the second drawer. Here's your towel." Eunseo said before going in the bathroom. 

Luda looks at Eunseo's room. It feels different. Before Eunseo has a lot of stuffed toys lying around her room and some girly stuffs, but now there's not a single stuffed toy anymore. Her room is now painted dark blue, different from the old soft pink one. Luda walks to Eunseo's desk and saw a few polaroid hanging in the wall. She could recognize Dayoung, Yeoreum, Yeonjung, and Soobin. It looks like they're having fun in the theme park. And then there's another photo, Eunseo with another 4 girls who looks so cool. Leather jackets and ripped denims, it looks like they're taking the photo in some parties. Luda remembers seeing them in Eunseo's social media too, maybe it's her new friends. Luda wonders which one of them is Eunseo's girlfriend, or maybe Eunseo's now have a boyfriend? Luda is still lost in her thoughts when she heard footsteps. 

"They missed you a lot, you know? You should meet them." Eunseo walks toward Luda in a white t-shirt and shorts, her hair dripping wet, while she's trying to dry them with a towel. Luda must admit that this Eunseo is steaming hot and she could not stop staring until Eunseo flicks a finger in front of her.

"S-sorry, I will. I owe them a lot for leaving like that." Luda said.

"You owe me a lot too." Eunseo mutters and pouts.

"What did you say? I didn't quite catch that, could you repeat that?" 

"Nope, it's nothing. It's your turn to shower. Come on, you should wash away those filthy hands' trace." Eunseo said. Luda remembers that traumatizing event after hearing Eunseo saying that she becomes tensed up.

"H-hey, I'm sorry for bringing that up, and I'm sorry too for being out of control from earlier. But you know I mean no harm right? I really don't like guys like that, thinking they could have whatever they wanted." Eunseo tries to calm Luda down, but before Eunseo could touch her, Luda backs away and said "I-it's okay, I'm just still surprised, thank you for earlier too, if it's not you to save me, I didn't know what will happen to me, thank you so much, Juyeon-ie." Then, Luda smiles and walks to the bathroom. 

Eunseo is left stunned, Luda calling her Juyoen-ie always make her soft. Even after all these years and all hook ups, Eunseo knows that she still want Luda, the keep on reminiscing their beutiful moment and wanted to keep them alive in her mind, eventhough they've broken up. Everytime she meet someone new, falling into other people's arms as if she already forgot about Luda, she keeps asking why is she like this, it's not them that she needed. She needed Luda, it's all she ever wanted, she always wondered if Luda could comeback and they would start over and fall in love again? But now, with them being sisters, she didn't know if she is allowed to love Luda anymore. It's like fate banned them to be together. But Eunseo being Eunseo, they're not real sisters right? They're just step sisters, so why not? But what will Luda think of her? She haven't even greet Luda properly, catching up with her, or know anything about this new Luda. Well, Luda appearance doesn't change a bit according to Eunseo, still cute and beautiful. But who knows what in her heart? While Eunseo is lost in her mind, Luda came out of the shower. Eunseo gets up from her seat and asked Luda.

"Do you wanna sleep now? Do you mind if I keep the lights open? I don't like sleeping in dark rooms."

"Of course it's okay, Eunseo-ya" With that, Eunseo moves to the couch and get into sleeping position while Luda goes to Eunseo's bed. "It still smells the same", Luda thought. Both of them couldn't fall asleep that night. Until it's raining outside and the thunder starts clapping. Luda really hates thunder and she couln't sleep with those voice. Everytime it happened, Eunseo always comfort her, eventhough they're not together, Eunseo always facetime her and talks to her to distract her from the thunder. But this time even she had Eunseo just 2 meters from her, it feels like she's so lonely. When a loud thunder claps, Luda lets out a loud gasp, burying herself in the blanket, a tear escape her eyes. Meanwhile, Eunseo is worried about Luda. Eunseo know they're not lovers anymore, but they're going to be sisters right? Eventhough given her character now, she wouldn't give a to care about people other than her friends, but she still have a soft spot for Luda. She wanted to go to Luda and comfort her, but she's afraid Luda will be uncomfortable. Eunseo's afraid she'll fall in love again, while she didn't know is Luda is single or taken now. But it only took one more sobs from Luda to make Eunseo gets up from her couch and walks to the bed. Eunseo get inside the cover and backhugged Luda. 

"Sshh, it's okay. I'm here. Calm down Ludi, breath in, breath out. You want me to sing you a song?" Eunseo asked, she always sang Luda a song everytime this happened. Luda just nodded and Eunseo starts humming a song.

"I’m in love again
How’s the person beside you?
Saying that “we’re going to meet the right one”
Doesn’t mean anything to me anymore
Now, I will meet someone and get excited
Then try to forget
But feeling empty regardless
Am I lingering or am I just used to it
I don’t feel complete
"

Eunseo feels like she's confessing her feeling right now, but she didn't care, she keep on singing, she wanted to calm her Ludi down. 

"Even if I meet someone new
And fall into her arms as if I forgot everything
Why am I like this why
You’re the reason
I need you baby
If, by chance, we
Start over and fall in love
You’re the only one 
You, you...
"

Eunseo now feels Luda is calming down, her breath is stable now and her sobs have become quieter. She keep on singing, wanted to make Luda fall asleep. 

"I’m in love again
My friends say that I’m naïve
Pretending to be fine
And saying that I’m doing well
They say I look emotionless
Well it doesn’t matter...
I’m in love with you
I go back to you everyday
Know you need me too
We know each other better than anyone else
Baby time with you keeps
Overlapping no matter what I do
Nobody but you
I want nobody but you
"

Luda has calmed down now, and she's listening to Eunseo's singing. When she tries to understand the lyrics, why does it feels like Eunseo is confessing to her? 

"Even if I meet someone new
And fall into her arms as if I forgot everything
Why am I like this why
You’re the reason
I need you baby
If, by chance, we
Start over and fall in love
You’re the only one 
You, you...
"

So Eunseo's been meeting new people? The rumour was true then she's a casanova? Luda really wanted to ask Eunseo, but she want to hear Eunseo's voice more for now.

"As time goes by
As much as I miss you
The clearer
Your image appears
I still want you
Wherever we were, in my heart
We were together
The beautiful moments
Don’t want no one but you, you...
"

Does Eunseo still want me? Luda thought. It's still a chance, but how if it's just one of her favorite songs? And the lyrics has nothing to do with me? Luda snuggles to Eunseo closer, wanting to feel the younger girl's warmth while she still can.

"Even if I meet someone new
And fall into her arms as if I forgot everything
Why am I like this why
You’re the reason
I need you baby
If, by chance, we
Start over and fall in love
You’re the only one 
You, you...
"

Eunseo ends the song. It seems like Luda is already fall asleep. Eunseo smiles, she's still soft with Luda after all this time. Suddenly, she didn't even want to go to any parties anymore, no more hook ups that seem exciting to her, she just want to win Luda back. She didn't care if they're sisters or whatever the is their situation, she know she only wanted one person, and it's Lee Luda. 

"I hope I still have a place in your heart, Luda unnie. I love you." Eunseo muttered, surprising herself too she said that she loved Luda. She knew all along that she still loves the older girl, but she didn't know that it will slip out just like this. Eunseo just smiles, and hugs Luda tighter, wanting this moment to last forever. Little did she know, Luda is not asleep and heard everything Eunseo said. 

"You always have a place in my hear, Juyeon-ie, I love you too." Luda thought, and smiles to her sleep.