One

But You

Break up was never easy. When Luda asked for a break 2 years ago, Eunseo tried to stop her girlfriend. It's still clear in her mind. 

FLASHBACK

"U-unnie, what do you mean? A break? Why are you breaking up with me? What did I do wrong?" Eunseo tried to stop herself from crying, but tears are already forming in her eyes. Luda couldn't look at her girlfriend, it hurts so much to see Eunseo cries, but she know she need to do this. 

"Aniyo, it's not your fault, it's just us, not working out anymore." Luda said, not looking at Eunseo's eyes.

"Is this some kind of prank Dayoung put on you? Or some dare? Come on, we're just fine yesterday, how come you want to break up with me today? Tell me this is just a joke?" Eunseo tries again, maybe all of this is just a joke. But Luda keeps her head down, not saying anything. Eunseo looks around, but she didn't see anyone or anything suspicious. But deep down, she had hoped that Dayoung or Soobin would just jump out of nowhere holding a camera and told her this is a prank. But no, there's nobody in the school yard, it's still 6 am now. She should have known that something was wrong when her girlfriend asked her to meet at this time. Luda was never the one who gets up early. But still, maybe this is some kind of surprise? Is it their anniversary? Or her birthday? Or anything special? Eunseo tries hard, but nothing come to her mind. 

"Unnie, why are you so quiet? This is a prank right? I'm sorry, I won't do pranks on you anymore, this is scary unnie." Eunseo tries to light up the mood and some closer to Luda, trying to hug her girlfriend. Still her girlfriend right? She didn't even know Luda is serious or this is some kind of a prank. But when Luda took a step back, Eunseo's positivity is all gone. 

"N-no, I'm sorry Eunseo. This is not a prank, I'm breaking up with you. I'm sorry." With that, Luda walks away while Eunseo still stunned at what's happening. But being an athlete, Eunseo has a great reflex, so she hold Luda's wrist to stop her. 

"W-wait, why? We're just fine, everything's working out, why are you doing this unnie? To us?" Eunseo sobs, her tears now flowing, wetting her cheeks. Luda is breaking down inside too, she can't do this to Eunseo, it's not fair for the younger girl, but she needed to. Her mom told her that they're moving to the Shanghai in 3 days. Her mom got a promotion in Shanghai branch and it was a lifetime opportunity. Also two weeks ago, her mom found out that she's dating a girl, her mom didn't like the idea her only daughter is dating a girl, but her mom didn't know who is her daughter's girlfriend yet. Luda had a big fight with her mom when her mom found out Luda is kissing a girl in front of their house, but since it was dark, her mom couldn't see the girl. Her mother asked her to break up with her girlfriend, but Luda didn't want to, so they had a big fight. Luda doesn't want to go with her mom to Shanghai, but when their father left them 5 years ago, she was her mom's only reason to continue living and life is indeed hard, her mom has to work alone to support both of them. She couldn't be selfish and let her mom go alone. Besides, her relation with her mom is going worse and worse after her mom found out she has a girlfriend. Her mother has been asking her to break up with her girlfriend everyday since then, that's why they're always fighting and shouting everytime they saw each other. Luda's been stressing out on how to tell Eunseo about it, but seeing the younger girl's smile everytime, she didn't have a heart to tell her. But then this happened, maybe this is for the best to leave Eunseo, covering it with another reason. The truth is, Luda didn't want to leave Eunseo, Luda wants to be selfish and asks Eunseo to wait, but who knows she will be back or not? Nobody knows, so she didn't want to hold back the younger girl, waiting for her, who didn't know if she could came back or not. Even if she could come back, her mom won't approve of their relationship, it's like a dead end to them. Luda already knew Eunseo since middle school and they  started dating just few months ago when Eunseo confessed to her when they're having sleepover. After Eunseo's mother death, her father goes on business trip a lot, leaving Eunseo alone while the younger really didn't like to be alone so Luda is always staying for a sleepover whenever her dad is not around. 

"I'm sorry, I'm moving to Shanghai in 3 days Eunseo-ya. My mom got a job promotion, we'll be moving to Shanghai, I didn't want to hold you back, I want you to be free to find someone else." Luda said, finally looking at Eunseo's eyes, leaving the details that her mom didn't approve their relationship and forcing her to break up with Eunseo.

"I can wait for you, I don't nobody else but you, unnie." Eunseo hugs Luda. The shorter just gives in, maybe this is the last hug they shared. 

"No, I won't hold you back, be free and love someone else, you'll be a senior next year Eunseo-ya. Live your life to the fullest, if we're meant to be, we'll meet again, maybe someday." 

"B-but, we could try to work it out, long distance relationship doesn't sound bad, right?" Eunseo tries again.

"We're going to be busy with our own life, and maybe someday we'll get tired of contacting each other, I don't want it to be like that. Let's break up, really, I'm begging you." Luda pulls out from the hug, leaving Eunseo who fell into the ground, crying. 

"Annyeong, Juyeon-ah. Saranghae. But this is for the better." Luda mutters. Eunseo never saw Luda again after that, turns out Luda is coming to school only to took care of her files for transfering. Luda also deleted all of her social media, so nobody could ever contacted her anymore. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yah! Son Juyeon! You're spacing out again!" Bona shouts at Eunseo.

"What do you want Bona unnie?" Eunseo glares at Bona. After finishing high school, Eunseo goes to the university, majoring in dance. Here, she make friends with Bona, Seola, Exy, and Dawon. It's fun to be with them, they're the life of a party. Going to party every weekend and flirting with different girls. Yeah, it's Eunseo's way now to relieve her stress. After her breakup with Luda 2 years ago, she still hangs out with their friend circle, who consists of Dayoung, Yeonjung, Yeoreum, and Soobin. All of them goes to the same college, but Eunseo got another friend circle too with Bona. Her two circle is like a big opposite. Bona, Seola, Exy, and Dawon is the life of a party, flirting with everybody, and everybody want to be with them, or to be like them. Meanwhile, Dayoung, Yeonjung, Yeoreum, and Soobin is just the same innocent friends from high school, not going to any parties, the group who will hang out in the ice cream shop instead of clubs. Her high school friend didn't say a thing when Eunseo joins Bona's circle. They have seen Eunseo struggling in the past 2 years, trying to get over Luda, but no doubt Eunseo can't move on easily. Before being girlfriends, they're bestfriends so losing Luda is not only losing a girlfriend, but also a bestfriend. Now, Eunseo is the casanova of their campus. Eunseo goes to the party every week, tries to meet someone and get excited all over, s with them, then leave and forget everything the day after. 

"I'm just asking you if you want to go to Joohyuk's party this weekend?"

"Of course! You didn't have to ask me, you should have just text me the place and time unnie." Eunseo smirks. 

"Aigoo, our casanova. Look at you having all the girls in your fingers." Bona push Eunseo playfully.

"Says the one who even get all the boys kneeling everytime she entered the room." Eunseo rolls her eyes.

"But still I prefer girls. You know who I like." 

"Yeah I know that very clearly, but I didn't know why don't you just go and confess to Seola unnie?" 

"Nope, I like her, but you know I didn't do commitment, Juyeon-ah" Bona says like it was the most common thing in the world.

"Yeah, but you get jealous everytime Seola unnie flirts with someone. Then you flirts with that person, snatching him or her away from Seola unnie. That's why Seola unnie is so mad at you, you should stop this if you want to date Seola unnie." Eunseo frowns, then continues "I know you're weird, but you're killing your chances with Seola unnie if you keep doing this."

"I know Einstein, but I just can't confess, Seola unnie will just think this is some kind of a prank." 

"B-but, okay, I'll try, but I think I need time."

"It's okay unnie, take your time, maybe you should stop flirting in Joohyuk oppa's party for starter." Eunseo nudges Bona, earning a playful smack back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunseo is getting ready to Joohyuk's party. She wears a denim jeans, a black t-shirt, and a navy blazer. Simple, yet she liked it. After her breakup, her style changes a lot, became darker and mysterious, so different from before, where she would prefer dress more than this cool look. Eunseo didn't know how much more party should she attend to finally forget about Luda. Everytime she woke up from her hook up, regret will be filling her. She's not in a relationship, but why did she feel like this? She didn't even know Luda's alive or not, where Luda is, or if Luda already fall in love with someone else, but why did it feel if she's cheating on Luda? Her friend always said she's too quiet after her hooking up session, she knew that too. She's usually very extrovert in campus, very different from her high school introvert self. But after all her hook up, she'll become that high school Eunseo again, going to Dayoung and her high school friends. So it's always like this. Eunseo goes to parties in the weekends, regretting her hook up and goes to her high school friends in Monday to collect herself back. Then in Tuesday, she's back to extrovert self, pretending too be fine, then bugging Bona and her circle if there are another party hosted in the weekend. 

Soobin once asked her in their "Monday session" if she's really doing well nowadays. They knew Eunseo hooks up every weekend just to get over Luda, but they could tell that she's not moving an inch in her progress to move on from Luda. 

"It's okay unnie, I'm doing well. I'm having fun a lot, you guys should join me in the next party." Eunseo beams, showing her brightest smile. 

"Nope, don't drag us to parties Eunseo-ya. You know parties are full of people wanting to get laid." Soobin said. 

"But Soobin unnie, I want to go to the party too. Eunseo unnie, take me with you." Dayoung whines. And it goes like that, Eunseo trying to get them to the party. While Soobin rejected every offer and Dayoung whines everytime. While Yeoreum and Yeonjung just amused to see their friends being weird. 

The ring in her phone snapped Eunseo out of her daydream. It's Exy.

"Yah! We're in front of your house! Come down in 5 or you're walking to the party bu yourself!" 

"Aish, I'm coming down. This grandma, always impatient."

"Yah I can hear you!" Exy protested.

"Bye love you." Eunseo look at herself one more time in the mirror before going downstairs. When she's going downstairs, she's confused why there's chitchat in her living room. Did the unnies get inside? But there's no one in the house to open the door for them. Eunseo arrives in the living room, and saw her dad with her friends. Her dad is coming home? Why didn't he told her? Sensing Eunseo's presence, her dad calls her. 

"Hey Juyeon-ah, you're going out with your friends?" 

"Yeah, we're going to a party hosted by a sunbae." Eunseo said. She didn't try to lie because her dad didn't really care if she goes to party, her dad is somewhat cool.

"You know I never forbid you to go to parties right? But this time could you do me a favor and not go to the party tonight?" Her dad asked. 

"Why? It's okay if you don't want me to go but I want to know the reason, Dad." Eunseo confused, her dad never ask for her favor. Her friends give her dad a confused look too. 

"It's just, I want you to meet someone." Her dad finally said. Eunseo and her friend's eyes are wide, is her dad going to play cupid and marry her to some random dude?

"No dad! Oh my god! I don't want to get married, I'm too young!" Eunseo freaks out while her friends nodding their heads, agreeing that Eunseo is too young.

"W-what? It's not you Juyeon-ah, I want to you to meet someone I really like. No, scratch that, I love her. I want to marry her, Juyeon." Her dad smiling. 

"Y-you mean? You want to re-marry? I'll have a stepmother?" Eunseo is too stunned to process everything. 

"Yeah, if it's okay with you. You know I have a hard time after your mom death, Juyeon-ah. It may be seem like I'm replacing your mom, but your mom is always in my heart. I-I just fell in love all over again with this woman." Her father told her, all heart eyes.

"O-okay, if that makes you happy dad. I don't really haave anything to say, but is she really a good woman?"

"Yeah, she is. She also has a daughter around you guys' age. Maybe you two could get along." 

"I'm getting a sister too? Wow dad, that's too much for me tonight. All this information, I need to process it."

"Got no time, Juyeon-ah. We're meeting them in an hour." Her dad gets up from the couch, and said "so what do you think? Come with me to meet them?" Her dad looks at Juyeon, eyes all pleading. Eunseo looks at her friends and she saw Dawon mouthed "Go, go with your dad" while the others nodding their head, agreeing with Dawon. 

"Fine." Eunseo finally said, giving up. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------