Chapter Nine

Listen to My Heartbeat

Next Morning-

_____ woke up next to the note Jay wrote to her. She smiles, and texted him:

_____: I love you alot too. .

Usually Jay would reply to _____'s text almost immediately. _____ has even finish breakfast, still no text from Jay. To her this seems unusual. She tried calling him. No answers, just went right to voicemail. She figured that maybe he was busy with 2pm schedule. She called Woo Young.

_____: Woo Young, busy with 2pm schedule today?

Woo Young: Ani. have a day to just relax. what is it _____-ah?

_____: Oh. .nothing. . is Jay home?

Woo Young: Yeah. He's inside his room. I'll go get him.

_____: No, it's ok. well, talk to you later Woo Youngie. bye..

Woo Young: Aw. .anyong _____.

She hung up-

She tried calling him again and again. She finally texted him one last time:

_____: Are you avoiding me Jay?

_____'s thoughts- Why all of a sudden, he's avoiding me? I'm not used to this. He texts me every morning, no matter how busy he gets. All of a sudden he's ignoring me.

Jay was laying in his bed, reading _____'s text. He wanted to text her back. But he didn't. He was still thinking about that picture.

Jay's thoughts- Am I a replacement? Aigoo, I don't even know what to do. If I am her replacement of Khun, then I'd rather back out quick, so she can be with him. Aigoo. .so frustrating.

Woo Young was in the living room. Taecyeon just walked out of his room. Woo Young literally ran over to Taecyeon.

"Hyung!" Woo Young yelled, trying to get Taecyeon's attention.

"What?" Taecyeon replied.

"I think something's wrong between Jay hyung and _____" Woo Young told him.

"What are you talking about?" Taecyeon asked, confused.

"_____ called me and she asked if hyung was home. She could've called him herself. Why call me and ask me?" he asked.

"Maybe they got into a fight" Taecyeon said.

"Maybe we should go in and ask Jay hyung" Woo Young suggested.

"Why us? I'll just go in and ask" Taecyeon said, while heading to Jay's room.

"Tell me what he said afterwards" Woo Young yelled to Taecyeon.

Taecyeon walked into Jay's room.

"Jay, did you two have a fight?" Taecyeon asked Jay.

"No" Jay replied shortly.

"Did she call you this morning?" Taecyeon continued asking questions.

Again, a short answer "Yeah".

"Are you avoiding her? Woo Young said that _____ called him, asking about you. What's going on between you two? Didn't you guys just have your anniversary thing yesterday?" Taecyeon continues his interrogation.

"I just want to take some time to think about me and her" he explained.

"Take time away from her?" Taecyeon asked, confused.

"Yeah" he replied.

"Why? You guys seemed happy yesterday" Taecyeon stated.

"She used to be Khun's girlfriend, back in the states" Jay finally said.

"Whoa, really? How'd you know? Did she tell you?" Taecyeon wanted to know.

"No. I saw the picture of her and Khun together. "Couple Picture" Taec, I know it's her past, but it hurts just thinking about it" he told Taecyeon.

"Jay, you love her, that's why. But it's her past, she's moved on. She's with you now. She and Khun are just friends. There's nothing for you to worry about. Her heart belongs to you. That girl really loves you, even we can tell" Taecyeon told Jay.

"I know" Jay replied.

"Then you shouldn't be avoiding her. She's really worried. You should call her back" Taecyeon suggested.

"I still need sometime away from her to think things through" Jay said.

If you think that's a good thing to do, then go ahead" Taecyeon replied.

"Thanks man" Jay thanked.

"No problem" Taecyeon replied, and quietly walked out of Jay's room.

Once Taecyeon was out of Jay's room, Woo Young came running.

"Hyung! What did Jay hyung say?" he wanted to know.

"He said that he needs time away from _____" Taecyeon stated.

'Why?" Woo Young asked.

"He's in doubt, something like that. Did you know that _____ used to be Khun's girlfriend?" Taecyeon semi-asked Woo Young.

"Mu-oht? Really?" Woo Young was shocked. He thought that they were only friends from the States.

That's what I thought too. But it was back in the States" Taecyeon said.

"Aw. I hope everything turn out ok for them" Woo Young said.

"Me too" Taecyeon sighed.