Airport Goodbyes

warm hugs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uhm, inspired by the WenRene night drive. Enjoy reading! :)

 

 

It's already 8 pm when Irene arrives at their dorm. It is one of those exhausting days because of the dance practice and magazine shoots that she had all day. 

She the radio and tuned in to Wendy's Youngstreet. She was excited to hear Wendy's voice just like every time the other woman speaks, she wants to listen to it because there's something about it. She just can't figure it out but she's 100% hooked up to the point that she's looking forward to the broadcast even if it's just prerecorded.

Of course, there are times that she could listen to Wendy speaking all day especially when they have group schedules but she's sad that the promotions for their current comeback already ended meaning they all need to focus on their individual schedules. 

When Wendy discovered that Irene was listening to Youngstreet every day she called her a 'wanso'. At first, she doesn't know what 'wanso' meant but Wendy explained it to her and she liked it. A lot. 

Wendy introduced her guest on the radio for today when her phone suddenly rings up. It was Joy. 

She swipes it up real fast so that she could go back to listening to Wendy but she already knows that it will take up time talking to this younger member. 

"Hello" she greeted the younger woman in a low tone of voice. 

"Hi, unnie!" Joy excitedly greeted back. "Did i interrupt something?" she asked after she didn't hear an answer to her greeting. 

Irene just let out a sigh and said, "Nothing. What is it?" she asked the girl back and glanced at her watch. "Wait, where are you?!" she asked again, this time panicking. 

She heard a laugh on the other side. It made her furious for a moment but she waits for Joy's explanation. 

"Unnie, i called because i want to tell you that i'm going to spend the night here at home with my family," Irene sighed this time with relief. 

"You should've told me earlier. You made me worried" she said.

"Sorry unnie. I'll do that next time. I forgot because i'm having fun with my siblings and haetnim" Joy explains. 

Irene nods even tho she knew that Joy can't see her action. She then said, "It's okay. I'm glad you're having fun"

"And please remember that you guys are not allowed to call me between 8 pm to 10 pm. Just text me okay? How many times should I tell that?" she said with a pleasing and frustrated tone. 

Joy laughed at her and this time with teasing. 

"Ya, stop that!" 

"Okay. Okay. Sorry unnie, I'll take that in mind"

"Tsh. Enjoy there okay? Be careful, take care, and don't get sick"

"Yes, Mom!"

"Ya! I told you, I don't have a child like you"

"Ha! Wendy unnie like the idea to be my Mom. It is better if you will accept me as your child from now on unnie" Joy continued to and if anyone could see how red her face is right now... she will surely be embarrassed.

"Tsk, just take care of yourself. Good night!"

"Good night, unnie! Say my good night to Wendy unnie too!"

"Okay, i'll do that"

After how many i love you that she received from Joy she finally ended it up and immediately send a message to their gc. 

"Seulgi-ya, Yerim-ah, are you both already at home?"

Yeri: Yes unnie. Why?

Seulgi: Me too i'm at home~ 

That's good. Rest well you two!

Seulgi: Okay? I understand why you're not asking Wendy but how about Joy?

Yeri: Hahahaha the unwanted child, Seulgi unnie. 

Ya! It's not like that...

Joy: Wow, you guys are good at backstabbing... but sorry to tell you that Irene unnie personally called me and asked why i'm not at home yet 😌

Yeri: Really????!

Seulgi: I'm highly doubting that one, Sooyoung-ah..

Tsk, stop it. And you Park Sooyoung, you initiated that call. Gonna leave you all. You've been disturbing my routine.

Yeri: So whipped 🤦

Joy: Sshh, at least she checked on us. But unnie please admit that i'm your favorite daughter now!

Stop dreaming, Sooyoung-ah

Yeri: Aww, been rejected for how many times now, Joy unnie? Are you still breathing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Joy: I'm okay :(

Joy: Where's Wendy unnie when i need her the most :(

Tsk, stop that. I told you to enjoy there.

Joy: Fine. But we'll talk about being your daughter next time. Wendy unnie will surely love that :)

Whatever you say.

Yeri: LMAO

Joy: :(

Seulgi: Stop it now, guys. Go unnie, i'll handle this two.

Thank you, Seul. Guys, see you all next week. I miss you all. Please be safe and healthy 'til then.

After sending her last text, she muted the gc. She knows those three will cringe at how sweet her last message was. Yeri will probably say that she was turning like Wendy when sending texts and all but she truly loves her member. She may not very vocal about it before but her action toward them says otherwise. She just hopes that's enough to tell that she really loves them. And right now, she's trying to do both. Being vocal and affectionate. Like Wendy is doing to her and the members.

-

Irene tuned in back to Wendy's Youngstreet. It's time for waniland already. She's sad that she didn't hear Wendy talking with the guest for today but waniland is her favorite segment so she's still relieved. Also, she enjoys talking with her members even if it's just for a few minutes. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter