Confusion

Memory of That Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Dara is so conscious getting inside the Kwon International building. The HR department head informed her on Sunday the time, the office where she will be staying and who her direct supervisor is. She was told that the Program Director is her boss for the time being that she'll be there. If not with Gray beside her, she would have shied away and turned around. All the employees of Kwon International literally look at her with interest. Gray holds her hand and interlaces his fingers with hers. He talks to her in gay tone as if the news didn't bother him at all. 

Kwon Jiyong, with Bigbang, spotted protecting Korea's newest star: Sandara Park! 

KBL exclusively showed the video clip of Jiyong confronting the drunk man while Dara was standing behind him. On their back was a captured photo of Bigbang ready for a possible club fight. The news reached millions of views on the day it was released especially that Youngbae and Cl, two of the most popular stars were seen in the clip. 

The first one she went to when the news was released was Gray. She needed to explain the situation to him. As always he understood her. Now, he is taking her to her office while employed in KEI, not minding the people openly gossipping about them. They reached the 40th floor and both are surprised to see that it is the CEO's office. Gray approaches the secretary and asks, "Annyeonghaseyo! Is this the floor for Ms. Park's office?"

"Yes, Sir. Her office is inside the CEO's room." 

"I thought I am reporting to the Program Director's office. May I know if there are some changes made?" Dara interrupts, asking Jiyong's secretary respectfully. 

"There are no changes, Maam. The program director is the CEO himself. He has been managing this project for sometime already." 

Gray sees how Dara's face pales. He holds her hands again and drags her to a corner.  He fixes Dara's hair strands getting into her face and holds her face into his palms and let her look at him. "Just tell me you can't get through this and I will do everything in my power to nullify the contract." 

Dara meets his gaze and feels the sincerity of his statement. She becomes guilty. Her personal life should never interfere with her profession. If so, it wouldn't get her somewhere. "It's okay. I am just surprised, that's all. This is what we dream of, right? And we need this. I know we need this that's why there is no stopping it." She holds his hands on her cheeks. 

"Ooooohhh, early morning and so cheesy already! Be careful, my Jiyongie hates the sight of ants crawling in the building's premises." A girl's voice interrupts their conversation. When they turned around, it belongs to Jennie Kim and she is hooking arms with none other than Kwon Jiyong. 

Dara's line of thoughts goes back to time when this girl drew an invisible gun on her hands and pulled the imaginary trigger into Jiyong's heart. The time she went to their school to get to know Jiyong before their first meeting and that time Dara saw her partying with Jiyong in the US when she was losing her mind looking for him in Korea. 

But Dara's face looks unbothered especially when Gray is beside her. He grips her hands to bring her back to her senses. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Kwon and Ms. Kim," he bows to Jennie and offers a handshake to Jiyong. Jiyong takes his hand but is not saying a word, just plainly looking at the two. 

"Pardon my intrusion but I just felt the need to come here and thank you for the incident that happened on Friday. I owe you one." 

Jennie looks at Dara from head to toe and she doesn't like what she is seeing. She is far from the Dara she saw when they escaped from Gray's hotel that night they had dinner. The night Jiyong was gone for almost a month.Now, she has become sophisticated and elegantly beautiful. 

Dara stands confidently because she knows she is presentable and everything she has on are designer clothes. She has her chin up while looking at the two. Jiyong responds to Gray. "You don't have to. You know Dara and I had a long history together, right?" His eyes measuring whatever reaction he gets from Gray. Jennie looks at him irritatingly and pouts. Dara's heart pound like crazy when she hears him say 'long history together'. 

How dare him! 

"Of course, I know. Before I came into the picture, you were bestfriends since childhood. I will never forget that." Gray warmly declares. "I wish to have a fine dinner with you when your schedule is not too tight. For old times sake." 

"I'll make sure to schedule." Jiyong breaks the handshake and gives a nod to indicate his departure. Along with the pouting Jennie, they get inside his office. 

"Cheer up! You got this!" Gray cheerfully states. He gives a gentle tap on her cheeks. He tries hard to encourage her but his heart aches deep down. 

"Can you give me a hug?" Dara tenderly asks. 

Gray playfully extends his arms sideways to welcome her. Dara approaches and fits in perfectly in his warm embrace. After the hug, off he goes back to their own company. She looks at his retreating back. 

What would I do without you, Gray. 

Slowly, she approaches the entrance and sees Gummy, nods and is about to enter the door when Jennie comes out. They are inches apart from colliding. Dara steps out of her way but Jennie faces her. 

"Ms. Park, let me be clear to you. I don't like you here knowing your past with Jiyong. But sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter