Feel Again

Memory of That Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

Dara is left stunned with Jiyong's words. How could he say that? Why would he die that night when he was having the best time of his life partying with Jennie. How could he even tell her that? He is confusing her again. But somewhere deep in her mind there is a haunting question that she is afraid to know the answer. 

What if something happened in the past that forced him to leave? What if it was something his family did just to separate them? Was he threatened of her safety that he has to let her go instantly? But could his family be that cruel? 

Dara's tears race down her cheeks. What if it was because of her that he had to leave? But that was already in the past. Everything is changed now. He still has Jennie and no matter what, he still has to marry her. There is no going back for them. So, it is best to leave things as they were because knowing the truth from history cannot change the reality they have now. 

BUt what about our marriage? Why did he say I am still his wife? No! I definitely heard Daesung say that it was not registered at all. Did he just bluff at me? 

Dara's confusion causes her to cry more. 

God, why does it still hurt? I don't love him anymore but why does the past still torments me? What do I have to do to just let it all go? 

For a while, she just let the pain flow through her tears. In the end, she just lets it be. Yes, there are things better left unsaid.

After almost an hour at her office, Dara comes out with an organizer notebook and pen. Her eyes are still red from crying eventhough she put on an eyeshadow and mascara to cover the puffiness of her eyelids. Still, Jiyong knows her a lot that he gathers she cried. He doesn't say a word when she approaches and sits on a sofa. Even when she says, "I am ready to have your insights on the design you want to have for your hotels." 

Jiyong knows her tone is already for business. But he feels like it is better this way because even if she asks, nothing would change. She has Gray now and he wouldn't interfere knowing that it was he who left without a word. All his plans go down the drain.

Their meeting lasted for almost two hours but everything was all about business already. They ended the meeting with a realization that they can have a good business relationship if they don't talk about their past. Sandara has a good vision of what Jiyong wants and she asks a lot of clarifications as to what Jiyong's preferences are. At the end of it, Dara is able to convince Jiyong to build an Ecomall instead of a usual commercial type malls. Aside from the fact that it is eco-friendly, it is also a breakthrough concept that appeal to people. Jiyog is impressed with Dara's insights. He realizes that she is good in what she does and her visions are clear and well-explained for him to understand. They are able to come up with a clear picture of what they want to achieve. 

But before Dara could start sketching the plan, she has to visit the location. "And where will this mall be built? I need to see the location first to have a clear view of the surroundings. I also need to take pictures so that I can ask for suggestions from our landscape architects as to the design outside the buildings. Since you are envisioning a first Ecomall, I have to study the environmental elements if green can thrive there."

"Jeju Island. This is going to be built beside the hotel we have there. It would be most convenient to have a mall there. I've done feasibility studies of the place and yeah, a mall there is profitable for us." 

"Okay. So, when can I possibly visit the place?" She asks. 

"At your most convenient time. It's your call."

***

Wednesday morning, Dara and Gray arrive early at the airport. During their meeting, she requested Jiyong if she could bring Gray to ask for his insights since he has been her go-to person when she needs advice on related engineering opinions. KEI would also be bringing their head engineer for Dara's inquiries. Tuesday afternoon, she has been informed that they'd go in a private plane owned by the company and that the take-off would be at Seoul International Airport also at gate 6 exclusive for private and rented small planes. When a flight attendant ushers them in, there are already 3 people on board, who she guesses are the pilots and another cabin crew since they look like it. They welcome them and the girl inside ushers them to a seat. 

They are offered coffee and tea and both agreed to take coffee. They look around and guess that inside the luxury room, around 10 people can stay there, and behind are just like economy seats to cater to more passengers when needed. They are enjoying a cup of coffee and a sandwich while laughing when Jiyong arrives with Jennie in tow, trying to tie her scarf around her neck and the engineer at their back. They both stand up to greet them. 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" He slightly bows at them and offers a handshake to Gray which the latter warmly accepts. 

"Oppa, can you please put this around me. I've been trying to but failed a lot of times already." Jennie so flirtatiously requests Jiyong. 

Dara goes back to sit and Gray follows her. She avoids the sight instead then goes on talking with Gray. Jiyong can see the two of them across him while carefully putting the scarf around Jennie's neck. When he is doing the final touches, Jennie tiptoes and kisses him on the lips at the same time that Dara glances at them. She is taken aback. She is not used to such display of affection and somehow a needle stings her heart. Her eyes meet with Jiyong's eyes for seconds then she looks at the window when the attendant announces to fasten their seatbelt for their take off. 

View post on imgur.com" />

Jiyong and Jennie sit adjacent to them. He can see them in front of them since the plane isn't like the commercial set up with chairs lined up in a row. In their private plane, the chairs are arranged like a four twin sofas which the passengers can freely face and talk with each other. As the plane slowly takes off, he can see Gray takes Dara's hand which is gripping strongly on the armrest, and interlace it with his. Jiyong moves forward a little to see Dara's face and she is closing her eyes, biting her lower lips, while breathing heavily. 

She is afraid of take-offs. 

Somehow, his heart shrinks deep inside his chest seeing that she is held by another man. 

That could have been me. I should have known that she is afraid of planes taking off. 

He sighs and looks at Jennie beside her, holding his arms, resting her head on his shoulders with closed eyes. He smiles and thinks. 

This crazy woman always has something on her sleeves. Such a tease, really. 

As Dara opens her eyes to see if the plane has already flown. she sees Jiyong looking gently looking at Jennie with a smile on his lips. She closes them back immediately, afraid she may be caught by them. However, she cannot deny the fact that she is hurt by what she saw.

One hour and ten minutes pass by, Jiyong and Gray have just been talking about business and their seminars and experiences in the past. Jiyong has seen how Gray has transferred Dara to his shoulders when she fell asleep during the flight. She was facing the opposite headrest, When her head slowly drops down, Gray pulls her to his shoulder and let her sleep, constantly guarding her head with his hand. Jennie on the other hand was extra sweet, sleeping on Jiyong's lap. To cover her legs, Jiyong asked the attendant to get a blanket and put it on Jennie's body. From time to time, the girls would awaken and see each other's position then settle back to sleep. 

However, unknown to the men, Dara when she awakened midflight, she wasn't able to sleep anymore, seeing how sweet Jiyong and Jennie looked like, her mind was a mess.

So, you are flaunting how you love that , now huh! Then, watch this. 

She moved and consciously lets her head drop to Gray's chest. When she felt Gray's hand support her head and gently pulled her back to his shoulder Dara swung her right hand to his chest. Pretending that she was moving in sleep, she lowered her head again that Gray opted to adjust the seat and lowered down the headrest for her head to settle on his chest. 

Who is sweeter now? You think I am gonna cry because you are taking care of her? Well, I have someone who loves me, too! 

She laughed inwardly, feeling triumphant of her action. To make her action more sensual to look at, she gently touches Gray's chest and moved her head a little, with a little pouting and moving of her lips to make it more believable that she is adjusting her sleeping position. 

We are even, you heartbreaker! 

While portraying a role of a sleeping woman on her boyfriend's chest, Dara stopped a bit and thought! 

Are you insane, Sandara? What are you doing, you moron! You are supposed to forget him!!! What is this you are doing? You are such a pathetic loser! 

Now, that the attendant announces touch down, she regrets the act she did because her neck is stiff and her hand is cramped up. When she accidentally looks at Jiyong, she sees him with a serious unreadable gaze that she cannot fathom what it means. Jennie is eyeing her with a lifted brow on her face and a pouted mouth. 

Dara acts innocent and continues to pretend that she has just woken up. 

*** 

They have arrived at the hotel at 8:00 in the morning. Right after a short rest, Dara together with Gray, and Jiyong's head engineer, proceed to the site where a mall has to be built. However, when they are already in the area, they are surprised to find a construction cover covering almost 1/2 of the area and Dara cannot see the whole place which she needed to see in full view so that she can imagine the flow, balance, and symmetry of her design that should blend with the hotel and natural environment  of the place. The head engineer looks for the project manager and asks for the construction reason. 

"There was an accident with the water pipes underground. It burst and has caused an outburst of water spill  and water fountain. We had to make an immediate high construction cover to contain the spill." 

Dara and Gray look at each other. Both understand that it is impossible for them to complete the task ahead. The engineer dials a number and after minutes of talking, he hands over the phone to Dara. 

"The president wants to talk to you." 

"I am so sorry, there is a problem at the sight. It is my fault though since I didn't ask beforehand. Since it was an accident, the manager was forced on the matter immediately. But I've already been informed that by tomorrow afternoon, it will be completed. Since I am at fault, let me offer a free overnight stay for you and Gray. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter