How to Move On

Memory of That Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 

What do you expect, Sandara? That he is going to fall to his knees and ask for forgiveness? Of course, not! He left because he din't love you anymore, remember? No explanations needed! So, be calm and do not even react the way you reacted earlier! It makes you look like a pissed teen age girl! 

Dara looks at herself in the mirror. There is anger on her face then as she stares at herself, the anger turns to sadness. 

So, I really didn't matter to him at all? After all these years, I was just a damsel in distress that's why he wanted to be a knight in shining armor and when he realized, I was out of danger and I was too boring already, he left. I was so naive!

A single tear drops. But she quickly wipes it before it drips on her cheeks. 

Wake up, Dee! You are much more than this. If he isn't even affected by you, then show him he doesn't affect you at all!

She talks to the person she is seeing in the mirror. She repowders her face, reddens her lips a little more, and goes out confidently, summoning her alter ego. When she is approaching their table, Jiyong is already talking to their lawyer who has already arrived. 

In the course of their meeting, Dara is just a spectator as a whole, butting into the conversation only if she needs to. Even if she is already knowledgeable in contracts and negotiations, she refuses to have a direct conversation with Jiyong. She hates to admit it but Jiyong has become so well-versed with his business. He scrutinizes the contract so excellently that he is able to come up with the best deals. At last, they've come up with a legal agreement. From the 2 days that she is to report to Kwon International's office, Jiyong has managed to adjust it to 3 saying that her assignment needs a constant consultation with the project manager. Listening to his reasons and realizing that his company is paying the highest price for their contract, 3 days is already so beneficial for Dara. 

After a successful agreement of the contract stipulations, Atty. Song, who has no knowledge of their past turns to Dara and says, "Madam Park, we only need to present this to our company before the final signing. I guess it's time for us to do a celebratory toast. Shall we order Cabarnet Souvignon for it and proceed for a noraebang. (Korean karaoke) " 

"Attorney, do we need to?" She draws to his side and whispered. Confused and disturbed since a while ago she was happy that the meeting was about to finish. She doesn't like the sudden turn of events. 

The attorney laughs and faces Jiyong, who is just looking at Dara. "I am so sorry, Mr. Kwon, I guess she doesn't know much with our business culture here." The attorney apologizes on behalf of her. 

"I'm so sorry. I guess I am still new to this. Let me order for us." Dara's face reddens. To be honest, she doesn't know much in real Korean business negotiations. In England businesses she was involved in were often very formal, direct and did not require for an after-party. But she doesn't want to act so novice. She has to adjust since she is back in Korea. Next time, she notes to study and review Korean business etiquettes.

The waiter comes over and she orders the famous favorite Korean wine. She still refuses to meet Jiyong's eyes. She pretends to be busy scrolling through her phone while waitin for their order to arrive when he asks, "So,  I thought Mr. Lee is joining us tonight, Ms. Park."  

Hearing Gray's name being brought up, she suddenly lightens up, as if his name is her medicine of sadness. 

"It was originally in the plan but a prospective client asked for his presence so he couldn't." Dara tells him the truth. She, too, wishes Gray is with her. She looks at Jiyong and it unnerves her how his stare penetrates into her core. Upon realizing its effect on her, she pretends to look around the place. Much to her delight, their order arrives. Attorney song opens the bottle and pours to their glass wines. Dara gets hers automatically and drinks a little from it, she wants to calm her nerves. Jiyong holds his glass while doing a business conversation with Attorney Song. But she can feel his gaze on her, and it pisses her off but she doesn't want him to know that. So, she continues to act nonchalant but disengaged to their conversations. Until she hears him again.

"What can you say about the structure of this hotel Ms. Park?"  She needs to look at him and she finds his eyes directly focused on her. Her heart beats fast that she needs to clear to speak properly. 

"Ahhhm.. I'm sorry, my throat is a bit sore." She looks around and studies the place. Then, after doing so, she has no other choice but to look at him again or else she will totally look like a fool not to. 

"Can I give you my honest opinion?" She asks. 

"I'd appreciate it if you do." 

Damn his eyes!! 

​​​​​She clears again. "It is aesthetically pleasing but it is not exceptional." She answers briefly.

"Is that it?" There is humor in his voice. "Anything more?" 

"Well, it is good that they tried to incorporate victorian art to modern art but they didn't blend it too well that at one point of this hotel you will think its victorian and at another point its modern. Or maybe your architects want to achieve that look.. and oh the lighting is also bad. It would have been cost efficient if they provided natural lighting coming in at day time." 

Jiyong observes the way she speaks and gives all his attention to her. "You have the same comment with a foreigner who stayed here." He sips in his glass wine while still looking at her."

Dara gives out a fake laugh. " I wish that foreigner is into architecture or it might not give justice to what I've said." She takes everything in her glass in one go. She needs the alcohol to pacify her emotions.

"Do you know who he is, Mr. Kwon?" Attorney Song inquires. 

"I'm sure Dara knows him. He is Mr. Foster, Lord Norman Foster." Jiyong once again gapes at her with undivided interest. When Dara smiles like a triumphant winner, Jiyong smirks. 

"The famous Lord Norman Foster. Wow! I wish I talked to him. He is a living legend now!" 

"So, you really know him Ms. Park?" The attorney asks her. He is the one who has taken the most shots and by the looks of it, he has no plans of stopping. 

"In our line of business, who wouldn't! He is the richest architect in the world now and he has the balls to create the most intricate designs using steel and glass." Jiyong frowns for a moment hearing the word 'balls' from her. But he lets her off upon looking at her expression with awe and admiration. She has no idea how beautiful she looks with those emotions on her face. "I wish to be just like him in the future!"

"I'm sure you will. You have just started and your making a noise in London. Now that you are here, the biggest businesses in Korea are competing to get your services. One magazine even branded you as a big star in the making." Jiyong continues, admiration in his voice. One gulp before he adds, "I'm just lucky I am able to bid the highest price to get you." 

Dara doesn't know what to make of his words but it irks her the more. 

"Excuse me. Let me go to the rest room." Attorney Song stands up and walks fast to the bathro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter