Yours, Onho - G

Song Drabbles

Yours by Jesse McCartney Or, a bit of this wip au of mine where Minho is a professional Quidditch player and Jinki is a professor at Hogwarts, and they’ve been married for like ever but very few people know they’re married to each other

           Minho closed his eyes, lifting the ring from underneath his uniform and pressing his lips against it. Jinki was somewhere in these stands, but he wasn’t sure where. The man always got a bit of a kick out of purchasing his own tickets, surprising him where his seat ended up being. He wished he could see him once again, even if for just a moment, before the match started. Even if he had woken up wrapped around the man in their tent, warm and comfortable, Jinki had a way of centering him that nothing else could do. “Choi!” 

           Minho turned from the shadows to find his coach standing there in the brightly lit archway leading onto the pitch. “Let’s go!” 

           “Yes, sir.” One last quick, prayer and a kiss to the ring, before he shoved it into the tight collar of his uniform and jogged out of the dark with his broom held tightly in his hand. The roar of the crowd was almost deafening, the lights bright as he straddled his broom and lifted into the air with his teammates to wait for the official to begin the game. Out of habit, he looked around the huge stadium, logically knowing there was no way he’d be able to find Jinki with no specific area to look at and with how many people were packed inside of it. It was the World Cup, the biggest match in the sport. 

           By the end of the match, Minho was many things to many people. World champion, Seeker, and a Co-Captain. He was a son and brother, one injury away from his career burning up around him, but his favorite thing he’s ever been is Jinki’s, to be his husband. Slipping into his tent, flicking on the wards while he slipped off his cloak, to find his husband leaning against a support beam of their tent.. Everything outside of the tent, the match and tumbling from his broom to catch the snitch, faded away. Here he wasn’t a professional quidditch player, he was Jinki’s. The man was in simple linen pants and a sweater matching the colors of his team, glasses perched on his nose, golden wedding ring glinting a bit in the warm lights around them, and he was absolutely breathtaking as he smiled, “Congratulations, Love.” 

           All the tension and excitement that had led up to this point, melted away as he cleared the distance between them, curling his fingers under Jinki’s hair to softly tug him close by the back of his neck. “I love you.” 

           “Oh, I love you too.” With Jinki, he could be himself completely. He didn’t have to fake a smile for pictures leaving an event his agent forced him to go to or answer certain interview questions in the way he was trained to. Jinki returned the embrace, exhaling slowly as his arms settled tight around him and his nose was pressed into Minho’s neck. Quietly, he added, “I’m proud of you.”

           “I’m just glad you’re here.” He muttered, the feeling of safety and comfort too strong to fight the gravitational pull into Jinki. The regular season had been hard, it always was, only seeing Jinki during breaks in the school term and between practices and matches. Summers were his favorite for a reason, being able to come home to Jinki every day. He liked their life and didn’t regret the choices they made to keep the identity of their spouse a relative secret to keep the privacy they both valued, but sometimes he’d look at his teammates with their partners, families, smiling for photos during interviews and wish Jinki was beside him holding his hand.

           “I’m with you always even if I’m not physically here, Love.” This sweater of his was really soft, he wasn’t opposed to falling asleep against it at that moment really. “I heated up some water for a bath if you’d like.”

           A bath did sound really good, but only barely above the idea of staying here in his husband’s arms. Plus, the man had put in the effort already of preparing it and he couldn’t let that go unappreciated.“Yeah.”

           Jinki chuckled against his skin before the man pulled away, soft hands moving to cup his face and bring his attention fully to him. Goodness, he was so beautiful, “You’re adorable.”

           A quick kiss was pressed to his lips before Jinki began to walk away, catching his hand to tug him along. They did have a bit of celebrating of their own to do, he thought. Tomorrow morning the papers would have his face front and center, holding the golden stitch in a tightly gloved fist as they announced the World Cup champions. Neither of them would see such headlines until the afternoon sun was warm in the sky, shuffling out of bed half-dressed because their stomachs growling finally got the better of them.