Darling, Onkey - G

Song Drabbles

Song was I guess I’m in Love by Clinton Kane

    The soft pitter patter of raindrops and the crackle of the wood wick candle on the coffee table beside them harmonized with the sound of their mingled slow breaths so well he was sure he had never felt safer than curled up in this second-hand couch with Jinki’s head resting on his chest. They barely fit side by side, but they managed, Jinki’s arms tight around him to keep him from falling too far off the edge. Kibum slowly lowered his gaze to look at the man’s face, a fond smile pulling at his lips at the way his cheek was squished just a bit against him and the runaway strands of hair falling into his face. This relationship was new, relatively at least, but he was sure that he had never felt anything like this before. It felt like Jinki was the center of gravity, pulling him into his orbit, but he didn’t mind it. He hadn’t thought he’d find someone like him, who helped him center his mind when he overthought all the little things too much and who was worth the wait, good or bad.

    He pressed his lips against Jinki’s forehead, fingers soft in his hair, and a smile pulled at his lips as Jinki made a quiet noise and shifted against the touch, like a sleeping cat searching for more affection. Being with Jinki felt healing, relearning past experiences didn’t define his worth for love and that past heartbreak didn’t mean he’d never find happiness again. When Kibum had met Jinki that early autumn evening stressed out of his mind over a paper due the next day, he had never thought that sweet librarian would become what he thought of when he thought of home. In a week he’d be living with him officially, and he couldn’t wait to build on the foundation they had found together. Jinki mumbled something incoherent, shifting with his nose scrunched for a moment before warm brown eyes were looking up at him, remnants of sleep still so vivid on his features. Even now that nervous swoop of butterflies fluttered when Jinki lifted his hand to touch his face, voice deep and quiet, “Everything alright?”

    Kibum curled his fingers around Jinki’s hand and gently pressed a kiss to the fingers before placing it back on his chest, leaning over to rest his head on the man’s. He ignored the lump in his throat, the swell of love and adoration for him, and replied, “Yeah, Darling, everything’s alright.”