Two

The Law of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Panting for air, Yoona reached her first class all sweaty yet hungry. She opened the door on the first class, only to bow in apologies to their professor. Everyone watches in amusement as she went to her seat. 

 

"You did not wake up early this time, Miss Im." said their professor.

 

"Uh, yes. My apologies, Professor Ko." She bowed again before she took her seat and take out her book from her backpack. It's Sunday yet she has classes and exams. But at least there are no more in the afternoon. 

 

"Page 30." Her seatmate whispered to her and she thanked her quietly as she flipped the pages and stop to it. 

 

Her eyebrows raise when the title says, 'The Law of Love is hideous.' 

 

"It's a metaphor." Her seatmate whispered again. "You know, because of love, some commit suicides, kill their lovers, or even got their selves into a lot of debts and end up in prison."

 

Yoona nodded in understanding and returned her attention to their prof. She learned that love is a powerful thing that if someone is broken because of it, they don't think mindfully creates trouble. She thought that was interesting yet also brought her to the call conversation she had with Seohyun last night.

 

Flashback...

 

Walking out of her bathroom with a towel around her neck, Yoona casually walk to her desk and opened her laptop but her attention shifted to the ringing sound of her phone on her bed. She grabs it easily from her seat and smiles brightly to read 'Babe' is flashing on the screen. "Hey, Babe."

 

[Yah, Im Yoona!]

 

She was taken aback by the loud voice from her girlfriend. "What's wrong?"

 

[What did you do to me? You stood on me moron! Aish!]

 

'Is she okay?' Yoona feels like her girlfriend is not talking straight because she can hear weird noises and then Yuri's voice was in the background asking her to end the call. 

 

[Do you know how upset I am right now? I miss you damn much for crying out loud! And you have to do this to me? Seriously, I feel like I will die. I feel like you don't love me anymore... wae... why are you doing this to me? I'm so broken right now.]

 

The confession got Yoona thinking especially that now, she can her sobs. It broke her heart. Indeed, she stood on her and that's so bad of her. How can she do it to her? "Mianhe." She's sorry and felt so bad for her. "I will make it up to you, okay? But not right now... not this week and you know that."

 

[Shouldn't we just... break up?]

 

"What?!" She gasps. "No way, Seohyun. Let's talk this out. This isn't the solution." and got panicked. "I'm sorry if I stood on you but that won't happen again. I promise." she stood and went to the balcony just to be greeted by the cold air. But she's in her jacket so it's fine. "Um, I'll try to sneak out again so we can see and talk this personally. Is that okay for you?" The idea is risky but she can't let her break up with her. Not in a million years, she can even think of it.

 

[Nah, we should break up. You see, we barely see each other. We barely even talk on the phone. How are we going to work this out? If only I love law too you and I would be inseparable... This is like a long-distance relationship, .]

 

"Seohyun-"

 

[It's been what? Four years right? I think that's enough for us. Goodbye, Yoona.]

 

"Andwae!" She exclaimed yet the call ended right there. She kick the floor in frustration and scream out curses only to be scolded by the next room. She called her back but it wasn't Seohyun on the phone anymore.

 

[It's Yuri bud. Don't mind what she's saying, she's drunk. She doesn't know what she's saying.]

 

Yoona exhaled deeply. "Is she alright?" Yet she's not relieved yet. The fact that she told those things just means it was what her emotions wants to tell.

 

[Yeah, we're heading inside the dorm now. She passed out but she's fine. Don't worry, we're going to take care of her.] 

 

"Thank you, Yuri-ah." She's relieved however that her best friend is there to help her girlfriend out. "Please tell her I'm calling in the morning."

 

[Sure. See you soon, Bud.]

 

Hanging up the call, Yoona let out another heavy sigh. She can't still stop thinking of what Seohyun told her. She's afraid she'll bring it up again the moment she gained consciousness later. 'Why can't I see her?' And it's frustrating that she can't do anything at the moment.

 

End Of Flashback...

 

Yoona pouted as their professor continues the lecture while her mind is on the recent call. She wanted to tell her how sorry she was but that means breaking the rules of the University. She already got her first strike, if she commits another one, she'll be under probation. It's too risky. Her grandpa might even learn about it and she will be in trouble. 

 

"Aigoo." She can only wait for the week to end. She needs patience. "Five days left." mumbles her.

 

CRRRIINGGG~

 

She snapped out of reality once the bell rang. She was so into her thoughts that she missed everything from their prof. Getting up, she automatically converses with her classmates as they walked out of the room together. 

 

-

 

Seohyun let out a huge yawn while chilling in their booth fare. Taeyeon left her to get something so she's now like a replacement for her. 

 

After a few hours, someone finally approach her to check on the chocolates they were selling. She recognized her, Lee Sunny, a Junior student. 

 

"Want to buy, Sunbae?" asks her softly, flashing a friendly smile.

 

Sunny exhaled loudly. "If only I can."

 

"Yes?"

 

"I mean, we already broke up."

 

Seohyun felt sorry for her. "I'm sorry to hear that, Sunbae." 

 

"He's a law student in Yonsei and I am here, it doesn't really work if you're away from each other." Sunny shares, handing a bill to the younger girl and taking one of the chocolate bars. "But enjoying chocolate wouldn't be that bad. I'm going to meet another new and better guy either way." she shrugs her shoulders and left casually.

 

Sighing, Seohyun took her seat back and finds herself thinking of what the older girl told her. "It's indeed hard." She could relate to it. "But I hope we won't break up." she however is hopeful.

 

Taeyeon finally arrived and the latter handed her a paper bag.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun checks what's inside only to see it's Hanguk Law's jackets.

 

"I have mine too, so yeah, let's sneak inside tonight." said Taeyeon, smiling cheerfully.

 

"I can really trust you, Unnie." Seohyun is excited as hell. She has no idea what will greet them there. As long as she gets to talk to Yoona and ask her to go on a date on Valentine's Day. "Thank you."

 

"We haven't done anything. Thank me once you reach her." Taeyeon replied simply.

 

"Ah yeah. But still thanks. I think I will not change my mind if it weren't for you." Seohyun said as a matter of fact. Her words just change the way she thinks about the day. 

 

"Well, that's love."

 

"Are you dating, Unnie?" She got curious making Taeyeon laugh.

 

"No, I'm waiting to graduate. They say, if you want to go on a date, you should get a job first." said Taeyeon with a brief smile.

 

"Chincha? Then-"

 

"It's just my perspective. Don't change your mind because of that, Babo."

 

Seohyun is flustered. "I mean, we... we can't stop ourselves from falling for someone."

 

"Yeah, but we never know that someone can be the person you'll marry." Taeyeon shared her thoughts. "Me, I want to make sure the first person I date is the last person I love as well."

 

"I haven't even thought about that. We're still young for that." chuckled Seohyun as she finds it funny. 

 

"I just think ahead. Don't mind me. Hahaha." Taeyeon laughs and stopped midway when a student approaches their booth to buy a chocolate bar. 

 

Seohyun just sighs, rubbing the uke necklace again on her neck. 'I just want to see you again.' she thought while pouting sadly.

 

The snow is suddenly pouring and everyone is amazed and took pictures.

 

"How was your first snow last year?" ask Taeyeon taking her seat back next to the younger.

 

"We were in a cafe that time. And instead of finishing our coffee, we come out and enjoy it." Seohyun shares, looking up to the sky. "But after that, she has to return to her dorm. You know they have curfews. But at least we get to spend the first snow four times already." she remembers back in high school, they were walking together to the bus when the first snowfalls.

 

Flashback...

 

"You're here." Seohyun smiled the moment the doe-eyed arrived. She had been waiting outside the school building so they can go home together.

 

"I'm not late, right?" Yoona checks the time yet she's one minute late. "Aish."

 

Knocking the doe-eyed's head, Seohyun also gives her backpack. "Want to eat some corndogs before going to the bus stop?" she offers.

 

"Omo, sure." Yoona got excited when she heard it. She thought she will end up being punished but eating a corn dog, her favorite is like she's not punished at all.

 

Seohyun then leads them as they walk comfortably side by side. Both of their hands are in their pockets to keep their selves warm. But while they're quiet, students are noisy, passing on them. Some even tease them that their cheeks are blushing. Seohyun accepted Yoona's confession 4 months ago and it didn't miss everyone's eyes because they grew closer with each other. But not too close where they would hold hands in a public place. They're in a school and there are a lot of teases if they find them together.

 

Taking a big bite on her corndog, Seohyun smiled brightly looking at Yoona, happily enjoying her snack. 

 

"Next time, I'll treat you." Yoona confidently said. She giggles but saw there's ketchup on her girlfriend's side of the lips. "There's." so she signaled. 

 

Seohyun wiped it off with her thumb and the ketchup transferred to it. Quick, the doe-eyed grabs the tissue and wipe it off for her. She smiled giddily. "Thanks, Yoongie."

 

Yoona was about to reply when single snowdrops on the latter's hair, causing her to look up. "Is it... snowing now?" More snow is falling yet not too many yet. 

 

"Yeah." Seohyun also looked up, smiling serenely. "Whoa, first snow, right?" and she just remembered.

 

"Omo, indeed." Yoona took her phone out and took pictures of it. She then moved closer to her girlfriend and they waited for a while for the snow to fill their heads before they widely smile and capture it. "First snow as a couple." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter