CHAPTER FOUR

STAR-CROSSED LOVERS: Bound to Break The Destiny

I look at her and have to smile

As we go driving for a while

Her hair blowing in the open window of my car

And as we go, the traffic lights

I watch them glimmer in her eyes

In the darkness of the evening

While inside the car, Lisa couldn't stop looking at Jennie. After a long time, someone has sat beside her in this car. She is always alone. She goes to places on her own and even does long drives alone. But tonight, it's her and this woman who is slowly occupying her heart. She can't help but smile deep inside. Her heart also flutters just thinking that they are together at this moment and she's all hers. 

"Stop looking at me, Lisa. Haha!" Jennie teasingly said while rolling down the car of the window. "Focus on driving. The road is not on my face," she added, but deep inside, she felt those deep stares and glares that also made her heart flutter. "Aish! It has been a while since I went out like this. Do you see that building? On top of that, there's an open area with a Thai restaurant. My grandparents and I used to go there every Saturday." Jennie peeks at the window slightly and points at Lisa in the direction of the building on her side. 

"Oh, that one?" Lisa smiled. It's one of the buildings they own in Seoul. "Here's a deal. Next time we go out, I will take you there, okay?" she added while pressing Jennie's cheeks. "But for now, we have to go somewhere." she continues driving. 

"Arasso! By the way, you still have not told me where we are going. Mhmm." Jennie clutches her arm like a child and even pouts her lip. 

"You look ten times cuter when you act like that. Hahaha!" Lisa responded happily while holding Jennie's leg. She pressed it a little, and Jennie felt that. 

In Jennie's mind, "What are you doing? Are you trying to seduce me, huh?" She felt that tingling sensation down there. It went to her core, and she knew that Lisa noticed that when she moved a bit. 

"I know what you're thinking. Hold your thought! I am not. Hahaha!" Lisa teasingly said, "But if that is what you're thinking, why not?! Hahaha!" Lisa went back to holding the steering wheel using both of her hands. 

"Aish! Don't. Hahaha!" Jennie responded. It's not even awkward that they just kept on laughing about it. 

A few minutes later...

"I am sorry, Miss, but I need to put this on you." Lisa grabs the black eyepatch. "Since it's a surprise, you have to wear this, alright." she stopped the car and put the patch on Jennie. 

"Ugh! What are you doing? Why are you being so sweet?" Jennie said in wonder. 

"It has been a long time since I went out on a date. I bet you have not been into dates lately, too. Aye? So how about some surprises for the woman who makes my heart beat like this?" Lisa took Jennie's hand and placed it on her chest. "Can you hear this? It is saying JEN NIE JEN NIE JEN NIE." 

"Haha! You're crazy! Alright. Whatever you say, but yeah. Surprises are fun. I do not know what it is, but thank you, Lisa." Jennie pressed Lisa's arm. She thought it was her hand, but she could not see anything since she was already blindfolded. 

Then the moon peeks from the clouds

I hear my heart, it beats so loud

Try to tell her simply

That I've got all that I need

Right here in the passenger seat

"I will do anything for you always to make you happy. I promise you that, Jennie." Lisa pressed Jennie's hand and kissed it. "We're almost here, Jennie," she said. Lisa got out of the car and proceeded on Jennie's side. She opened it slowly and took Jennie's hand. "Hold me, okay? There are steps, but you will be fine." Lisa held Jennie's hand," and they continued walking. 

"Lisa, why is it so quiet. I can only hear water running." Jennie held Lisa's hand tighter. "Are you sure it's safe here? Hahaha!" she laughed, but she was nervous. She's not used to surprises like this. 

"I want you to sit down slowly. There's a chair beside you. Once you are already sitting, you can take that patch off. Okay?"Lisa directed her and slowly walked to her seat. It's just across the small table where Jennie is sitting. 

"Aish!! Oh, my God! Lisaaaaa!" Jennie responded in amazement and surprise when she saw what Lisa had just prepared for her. 

 

"Aish! This is so lovely. Where are we?" Jennie touched the glass of wine and the red roses on the table while looking at Lisa. She could not help but smile while looking at Lisa. She got even more nervous when Lisa stood up and approached her. 

"We are actually at my place. This is the pavilion, as you can see." Lisa answered with a massive smile on her face. "Earlier, before leaving your cafe, I secretly asked one of your crew members about your favorite drink. Someone answered red wine instead of white. So here." she pointed to what's on the table. "I also know that you like strawberries because whenever I am at your cafe, I see you eating some. That's almost every time." Lisa giggled a bit while looking at Jennie. 

"Did you prepare all these?" Jennie asked, still in shock. "Like we only had a few hours when we parted ways earlier. How come you have prepared all these?" she asked. 

"I have my connections. Hahaha!" Lisa responded while laughing. "Earlier today, I was thinking of where to bring you. Then I realized the best place was nothing but my home. Why? We can be ourselves here. The view is also lovely. Look at that, oh." Lisa pointed at the horizon. 

"It's full of stars," Jennie responded in amazement. "It's pretty romantic here. Thank you, Lisa." she could not help but hug Lisa. 

Meanwhile, Lisa felt that body heat when she held Jennie's body. Since Jennie is wearing backless sleeves, she feels how soft Jennie's back is. She caressed it until she got hold of Jennie's waist. 

Jennie and Lisa looked at each other eye-to-eye. For a moment, the inexplicable moment finally got a meaning. Something right there is just about to unfold. 

"Jennie," Lisa slowly uttered. 

"Why?" Jennie looked at her with a serious face. 

"Can I kiss you?" Lisa asked while touching Jennie's chin. Jennie nodded and held on Lisa's neck tighter. 

As their lips pressed, there appeared a falling star. The night turned into the most precious time between two souls. The quietness of the night let them fly to that thing called madness. 

 

---To be continued---