Seven

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Dahyun feels nervous would be an understatement. She is scared and just wants to go home.

 

For days she has been trying to avoid this meeting, but after much prodding she was finally forced to agree and there she was now, sitting in her car waiting for a sign from the universe so she could run away from there.

 

However nothing of the sort happened.

 

"Mom are you okay?" 

 

Minji's voice broke the silence, a little concerned at the lost appearance of her mother who was sitting inside her car, which she had parked less than five minutes ago, however the woman seemed to have no intention of leaving the vehicle.

 

"Ah yes, sorry I was thinking about something" Dahyun snapped back to reality. She takes a deep breath and finally gets out of the car to meet Minji and Mina's worried looks.

 

"Are you sure?" Mina asks her, knowing first hand that the young writer wasn't too convinced about this meeting. "You can cancel if you still don't feel ready."

 

"I know, but I can't back out anymore.... After all they are my friends." 

 

That's right, Dahyun had been avoiding her friends all week since they had the idea of getting the whole group together so that Dahyun could finally introduce them to Minji, Mina and Jeongyeon, (although Dahyun was more nervous about the first two. She's sure that Jeongyeon could fit in well with the rest of her friends). 

 

"Is it that bad?" Mina asks again, there's an amused smile on her lips as she and Minji walk next to Dahyun towards the entrance of the restaurant where they were going to meet. 

 

"It is and believe me, they are going to steal Minji from you as soon as they meet her" Dahyun replies. She sighs and opens the door to let Mina and Minji in.

 

A warm atmosphere greets them as soon as they cross the threshold of the door. Inside the restaurant is quite cozy and not too big or fancy (very different from what Mina and her work colleagues used to frequent when she was in Japan) This place feels nice and familiar, there are quite a few people occupying the tables and everyone seems to enjoy their food, having good conversations. You can also hear some music playing in the background to make the place a little more enjoyable.

 

"Dahyun! How nice to see you here" a man greets her with a bright smile, standing behind a counter. 

 

"Hi Jackson, nice to see you too" she returns the greeting. It had been a long time since she had visited her friend's restaurant and to tell the truth Dahyun missed him, even his bad jokes, but still Dahyun loved him.

 

Jackson was a couple of years older than Dahyun and had been running the family restaurant since he came of age. When his mother passed away he had to agree to move on and take over the leadership of the restaurant barely knowing how to cook the typical Korean dishes his mother had taught him. 

 

He was the first person Dahyun met after she got out of the hospital that time. Jackson provided her with food and a place to stay until she could find a suitable place to live. Until then she worked at the restaurant waiting tables, and it was there that she and Sana met one night. 

 

Sana had just moved to a nearby area so she had started to frequent the restaurant in the evenings after work. At first Dahyun was reluctant in the presence of this bright girl who never stopped smiling and laughing and who always tried to get a smile out of Dahyun. However, as the weeks went by, Dahyun got used to it and gave in to Sana's attempts to have dinner together. 

 

From that moment on they were inseparable and eventually Sana introduced her to her friends; Nayeon and Momo was a package deal, they knew each other since they were teenagers and where one went there the other would be.

Then there was Chaeyoung, the girl was younger than Dahyun and had met Sana during a college party (And no, they were no longer college students). Momo was the one who introduced Tzuyu to the group as they both studied at the same dance academy. Young Tzuyu was only a few months old in Korea, she did not have many friends and Momo was in charge of integrating her with the others. Needless to say, Chaeyoung's crush on Tzuyu was immediate.

 

Months later they finally met the legendary Park Jihyo. The girl was still a police student and during a night of patrolling she had found the group totally drunk and spray painting a wall. Unfortunately for Jihyo that would not be the first time she would cross paths with Dahyun and her friends, and to whom she unwittingly became close. 

 

"Oh, you've got company" the boy comments as he notices the presence of Mina and the girl. 

 

"Yeah, it's a long story. We have a lot to talk about."

 

"I know but now go with your friends and enjoy" Jackson smiles at her and returns his attention to the food he was preparing.

 

"It's Dahyun!" Chaeyoung's animated voice echoes in the atmosphere and several pairs of eyes land on Dahyun and the two people walking behind them as they approach the table where the rest of the group is already at. 

 

Even Jeongyeon is already there because she had spent the day with Chaeyoung looking for other apartments to rent and in the end the younger girl offered for them to go to the meeting together.

 

"Hey bro we thought you wouldn't make it" Chaeyoung greets Dahyun. 

 

"Well here I am" Dahyun forces herself to smile. She's still nervous and despite not mentioning it out loud, for Dahyun the approval of her friends is important. They all became like family to the writer. The group was there for her at all times and for that and many more things Dahyun would be forever grateful to them.

 

Everyone at the table looks expectantly at Dahyun, and the latter mentioned clears and looks at the group and then at Mina and her daughter. "Girls, may I introduce Myoui Mina my.... " Dahyun hesitates. What is she supposed to say? His wife? His friend? "Minji's mom... And may I introduce Kim Myoui Minji, my daughter" she finally makes the introductions.

 

The group stands silently watching the doctor and her daughter. Meanwhile Dahyun feels like his heart is beating double per minute. 

 

"Oh my goodness, she looks so much like our Dahyun!" Jihyo is the first to break the silence. The police officer grins from ear to ear. They all quickly nod in agreement, agreeing with Jihyo and flash their bright smiles for Minji and Mina. 

 

Dahyun lets out the air she didn't know she was holding all this time and now smiles genuinely as she feels her friends gladly accept Mina and Minji.

 

 

Soon the conversations around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter