Five

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're doing it again" Sana commented at Dahyun's incessant movement.

 

"What?"

 

"Moving your foot like that, you'll make a hole if you don't stop. It's been a long time since you had an anxiety relapse. Since we've been here you don't get enough sleep. I don't want to sound like I'm your mother..."

 

"Don't do it then" Dahyun interrupted her.

 

"I care about you Dahyun, I don't want you to neglect your health, that's all."

 

Dahyun really didn't have to be mad at Sana, she knows that the older girl is just trying to take care of her and Dahyun knows that she is right.

 

She sighs and looks at her friend, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to talk like that, it's just that a lot of things are going on right now and I'm trying to hang in there long enough."

 

"Oh, Dahyun" Sana drapes an arm over Dahyun's shoulders and pulls her to her in a hug and the latter lets herself be comforted. "You don't have to be strong all the time, you are allowed to cry if that's what you want, or scream if you feel like it.... The point is you don't need to carry everything by yourself, I'm here, our friends are here to help too, and we all love you Dahyun. We want to take care of you as much as you care for us" Sana left a soft kiss on Dahyun's head.

 

Dahyun clung to Sana's embrace tighter trying to show with that gesture how grateful she was to the japanese girl. Sometimes Dahyun wasn't good with her words so she tended to express it through gestures. Sana just smiled, understanding Dahyun's message.

 

The day before Mina had agreed to do the DNA test and had immediately called the hospital to make an appointment for the next day.

So here they were now, Sana and Dahyun waiting for Mina and Minji to arrive.

 

It wasn't long before the two mentioned arrived, Minji greeted Sana and quickly hugged Dahyun, the latter was surprised at the gesture but returned the hug just the same, and something inside her felt good to do so.

 

"Are you ready? The doctor is already waiting for us." Mina asked looking at Dahyun.

 

"As ready as can be" Dahyun took a deep breath before following Mina and Minji into the doctor's office. Sana whispered a "fighting" to her friend, sitting down in the waiting chairs.

 

The procedure was painless and quick to perform. The doctor first wrote down personal information about the three of them and then took samples from Mina, then Dahyun and finally Minji.

 

"You can wait outside. We'll let you know when the results are ready" the doctor had said, handing the results to a nurse who was in charge of taking the samples to the lab.

 

Usually DNA results took several days to be ready, however Myoui Mina was one of the most important doctors YG Medical Center had and being part of the committee she clearly had power. So it was no surprise that they had to wait only an hour and a half for the results.

 

That was the longest hour and a half in Dahyun's entire life. Nerves got the better of her and only grew as soon as they re-entered the office. Minji seemed to notice because without hesitation she took Dahyun's hand between her own.

 

"Well, let's proceed to reveal the results..." doctor Hwang took out several papers from an envelope and looked at them before speaking. "According to the samples obtained, Myoui Mina's match with Myoui Minji is 99.9% confirming to be her biological mother. On the other hand, the results showed that Kim Dahyun and Myoui Minji have a 99.8% match which also confirms that Miss Kim is Minji's mother. That remaining one percent belongs to someone else, which I must assume was the donor."

 

Neither of the two women know what to say, astonishment is painted on both of their faces, while Minji smiles with happiness as if it were her birthday. The teenager rejoices, after a long search she finally found her other mother. Now she just hopes that Dahyun won't regret it and accept her as his daughter.

 

The doctor leaves the office to give them a moment of privacy.

 

"I don't know what to say" Dahyun is the first to speak. She feels bewildered.

 

Mina wants to cry, perhaps out of sadness or helplessness but holds back. Her heart hurts. It hurts because she knows that part of her life has been a lie invented by her mother, it hurts to know that her daughter has lost years without having the presence of a father or in this case her other mother. Mina also feels guilt because thanks to her mother's selfishness, Dahyun was deprived of being with her daughter and who knows what other things her mother committed.

 

She stands up and looks at her daughter and then at Dahyun. "I'm sorry, both of you. I will sort this out, I promise."

 

With that said she opens the door and walks out of the office, walking away down the hallway towards the elevator that takes her to the parking lot. Dahyun and Minji come out after her in an attempt to stop her but Mina didn't listen.

 

"Where is she going?" Dahyun wants to know. A protective instinct rises up for Mina.

 

"To Grandma Myoui's house" the teenager replies.

 

Just a glance between Sana and Dahyun is enough for the first mentioned to understand what her friend wants. "Go with her, Minji and I will go back to the hotel" Sana tells her.

 

Dahyun utters a thank you and takes off running down the hallway, she doesn't stop to wait for the elevator and walks down the stairs until she reaches the parking lot. Dahyun sees Mina drive out of there with her car and runs into the street to hail a cab.

 

"Please follow that blue colored car, it's urgent" she instructs the cab driver. The man does his best to move through the traffic and not lose sight of Mina's car. 

 

About twenty minutes later Mina parks the car in the driveway and gets in. A few seconds later the cab stops at a safe distance, Dahyun pays him for the ride and approaches the house.

 

 

 

 

* * *

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter