Six

Stolen Moments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Mihyun day<3 

Here's another chapter. Enjoy 

 

_________

 

 

 

It only took a couple of phone calls, some arrangements here and there, and a signature of resignation for Myoui Mina to leave Japan along with her daughter and of course her bodyguard Yoo Jeongyeon, who had become a loyal friend to Mina over the years.

 

Of course the media was not long in coming with the unexpected news that the renowned doctor Myoui Mina had resigned from her position on the committee and as a doctor at YG Medical Center Hospital and would now be the head of pediatrics at JYP Hospital in South Korea.

 

"It is an honor to have you on our team Dr. Myoui. Welcome" Kang Seulgi, the director of JYP Hospital welcomed Mina.

 

Earlier the two women had met at a medical conference and Seulgi had expressed how much she wanted to have Mina working at her hospital. The Japanese woman had declined the offer although she always kept the idea in her mind. And now after a year of that conversation, Mina accepted Seulgi's proposal. 

 

"Thank you, I am happy to start here. I hope we can work together on many projects" Mina replied. She and Seulgi met at the hospital as soon as the Japanese arrived in Seoul.

 

After the meeting Mina left the hospital, Jeongyeon as faithful as always waiting for her, leaning against the new car the doctor bought.

 

"How did it go?" Jeongyeon asks and opens the passenger door for Mina.

 

"Everything went perfectly. Seulgi and his team are quite nice" Mina smiles and gets into the car. Jeongyeon closes the door and climbs in the other side.

 

"Okay, where are we going?" 

 

"To Dahyun's apartment. I promised to meet her. Dahyun said she knows someone who can help us with information about what happened eight years ago."

 

"You're really willing to know the truth aren't you."

 

"I want to know what happened to us Jeong, if I have the slightest chance of someone helping us then I'm going to take it" Mina's voice is choppy. "I want to be able to remember what Minji's birth was like, when she said her first word. I want to remember what it felt like to love someone."

 

Jeongyeon gives Mina's shoulder a light squeeze in support. "You can count on me for anything Mina, I'll be here when you need it."

 

"Thanks Jeongie, I really appreciate it."

 

Jeongyeon gives her a smile and puts the car in gear towards Kim Dahyun's apartment.

 

 

 

As soon as Mina and Jeongyeon cross the front door of the apartment they can hear Minji's voice and apparently she was arguing with someone else. They head to the living room and sure enough she finds her daughter sitting on the couch and next to her is a woman about Mina's age or a little younger, as she fights with Minji over a playstation game they are playing on the TV. 

 

"Hi ma, hi Jeong" Minji greets when she notices the arrival of her mother and Jeongyeon.

 

"Hi sweetie" Mina smiles at her daughter.

 

The girl beside her then stands up and offers a smile, showing her dimple, "Hi, I'm Chaeyoung, i'm Dahyun's girlfriend" she extends a hand. Mina opens her eyes in astonishment, her face must be a poem of emotions because Chaeyoung and Minji laugh. "Relax I'm just kidding, I'm just her best friend."

 

Mina doesn't know why but she feels a relief when Chaeyoung mentions that it's a joke. She accepts the hand and then Chaeyoung greets Jeongyeon.

 

"By the way you have a very competitive daughter here. She hasn't let me win even one game" Chaeyoung comments.

 

"Admit that you're a bad player" Minji sticks her tongue out at her.

 

"Well I think she got that from Mina" Jeongyeon says with a teasing smile.

 

"Oh believe me Dahyun is the most competitive person you could ever meet, she won't stop until she makes it. I think Minji inherited it from both of them." 

 

Chaeyoung makes it sound so normal, Mina finds herself blushing at the thought of what other things and qualities Minji may resemble Dahyun and her. 

 

The aforementioned Dahyun doesn't take long to appear in the room and sends a smile to Mina as soon as she sees her. She also greets Jeongyeon, however the special look and that smile were only for Mina.

 

"What were you guys talking about?" Dahyun wants to know.

 

"Nothing, I was just saying that I just lost to a little girl." 

 

"I'm not a little girl!" Minji complains pouting. 

 

“Okay, Sana is working so Jeongyeon will be in charge” Dahyun says

 

"Why can't I be in charge?" Chaeyoung makes a little pout

 

“Because Jeongyeon is older than you and the last time you and Sana were alone, you almost burned down the entire apartment,” the writer says, pointing a finger at Chaeyoung. 

 

“It was just an accident.” Chaeyoung shrugs it off.

 

 

Dahyun and Mina say goodbye. The writer gives them a ride in her car and Mina frowns as they stop in front of the police station.

 

"Jihyo is a cop. She's my friend too."

 

They get out of the car and walk inside the building, Dahyun mentions her name and an officer leads them to Jihyo's office.

 

"Jihyo!" Dahyun smiles at her and in return only gets a slap on the arm from Jihyo. Dahyun complains about the pain rubbing his arm. "Now what did I do?"

 

"Did you tell Sana to go out with Park Chaeyoung?" Jihyo makes a pretense of hitting Dahyun again and Dahyun tries to cover her arms as a defense.

 

"Rosé said she thought Sana was cute so I suggested that she should ask Rosé out for coffee" Dahyun now isn't so sure it was a good idea to suggest that to Sana, not when she sees Jihyo's dark eyes on her. "Oh, don't tell me you're jealous?"

 

"We'll talk about this later, Kim." Jihyo gives Dahyun a warning look and quickly looks at Mina. "Hello, Officer Park Jihyo, for what you need."

 

"Myoui Mina" Mina gives a small bow with her head and smiles. 

 

"Well, what did you want to talk about?" Jihyo questions. The three sit down so they can talk better. 

 

"You know eight years ago I had an accident, I was in a coma and lost my memory" Dahyun begins, Jihyo nods for her to continue "The police said that I was alone in the car that day, but I wasn't. Mina was with me during the crash. Her mother decided to take her to Japan while I was unconscious and when I woke up I couldn't remember anything, not even Mina or our daughter."

 

Thanks to Sana, Jihyo was already aware that Dahyun had an eleven-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter