TENTH

I Was Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jennie was watching a movie at 8 am when she received a message on her phone.

 

 

“Hi. This is Chou Tzuyu.  Can you please meet me at the café later at 2 pm? I’ll send you the address. Please don’t tell Mina about this. I won’t do anything bad; I assure you.”

 

 

Jennie felt a wave of uncontrollable nervousness flood over her.

 

 

She thought about it and decided to just go and act normal.

 

 

---

 

1:50 pm

 

Jennie arrived at the address given by Tzuyu to see the girl already waiting for her.

 

 

As she approached the lovely lady, she smiled gently.

 

“Hello, Ms. Tzuyu.”

 

Tzuyu returned her smile.

 

Tzuyu's smile is genuine and filled with kindness.

 

 

“Hello, Ms. Jennie. You should take a sit.”

 

 

The two were in an awkward situation, but it was Tzuyu who opted to break the ice.

 

 

"I'm sure you're curious as to why I requested you to come here."

 

 

She smiled which made Jennie feel so guilty.

 

 

 

She had no idea Tzuyu was this pure.

 

 

"I'd like to express my gratitude to you, Ms. Jennie."

 

 

Jennie shifted her gaze to meet the younger's.

 

 

She became aware of her sorrowful eyes.

 

 

She instantly bowed her head, unable to face witnessing the beautiful girl's anguish as a result of her actions.

 

 

 

 

 

She heard faint sobs.

 

 

 

Tzuyu is crying.

 

 

Jennie continues to keep her head low, unable to look at the girl's pain.

 

 

She realized that Tzuyu already knows everything.

 

 

Jennie is speechless as if her guilt is crushing her.

 

 

“I want to thank you for taking care of Mina, for making her happy and contented,” Tzuyu muttered between sobs.

"I was lacking, and she discovered those things on you that I didn't manage to give her."

 

 

Jennie began crying alongside Tzuyu, her head still down.

 

 

“Jennie Kim, I love Mina with all my life. All I want for her is for her to be happy."

 

 

Tzuyu reached for Jennie's hand on the table this time and took it in hers.

 

 

"Please look after her. I know you love her because I've seen how well you've looked after her all this time."

 

 

Tzuyu brushed away her tears.

 

 

 

"I'm going to let her be with you." However, please do not hurt Mina. She is deserving of the entire world."

 

 

 

“Ms. Tzuyu..." is all Jennie had to say.

 

 

Tzuyu gave Jennie a real smile and said, "I'll be glad if you tell me you'll do what I asked."

Her smiles are b with grief and agony, but she made it genuine for the older.

 

 

“I’m sorry for ruining your relationship, Ms. Tzuyu. Now, I regret it.”

 

 

Jennie bravely apologized.

 

 

“You don’t have to. Mina liked it. Mina is happy with you.”

 

 

Tzuyu wiped her tears once again.

 

 

Tzuyu wiped the tears from her eyes once more.

 

 

"I have something for you," she continued, drawing Jennie's attention.

 

 

“Here. Mina gave it to me because her mother had told her to give it to the person she would spend the rest of her life with."

 

 

Tzuyu handed her a necklace.

 

 

 

Jennie hesitated to take it, but Tzuyu insisted that she keep it.

 

 

“I realized, it wasn't me anymore. I don't deserve to have that. Keep it with you and wear it wherever you go.”

 

 

“Ms. Tzuyu, I can’t—”

 

 

 

 

“One last thing. Could you please do me a favor?”

 

 

Jennie noticed Tzuyu's eyes were filling with tears once more.

 

 

Jennie is unable to do anything but cry and nods her head.

 

“Please give this to Mina.” Tzuyu handed her a car key.

 

Tzuyu handed her a car key and said, "Please give this to Mina."

 

 

"I bought that with the money I worked hard for two years ago," Tzuyu said, remembering how she didn't ask her parents for any money to buy Mina's dream car.

 

 

It was extremely costly, and she had to save for it for two years, but it was well worth it.

 

 

"I was planned to give this on our... 10th y-year a-anniversary, but t-things h-happened a-and... y-you know," Tzuyu explained, trying to mask her grief.

 

 

 

"And last, this one," she said as she handed another item to Jennie.

 

 

 

 

 

“My advanced gift for you two.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter