Melting 1

Melting

As soon as Mina went outside of the café, her phone rang with the familiar tune that never fails to make her heart skip a beat. She fishes for her phone out of her pocket, eyes crinkling up to little crescents as she sees the name of the caller. She swiped the screen and places the phone near her ear.

“Nayeon-ah,” the CEO greeted sweetly.

“Hello! Just wanted to ask you what you wanted for dinner later since I’m at the grocery store,” her lover said.

“Hmmm, I think I’ll be in the mood for pasta later,” she walked across the street and pressed the button of her keys.

“Ok. I’ll just make your favorite then,” she heard her say delightedly, causing a smile to erupt in Mina’s face.

She settled on the driver’s seat, putting the buckle on. “I can’t wait love. Just give me a heads up incase the pasta is charcoal level burnt, ok?” she teased.

“Yaah! You really aren’t letting that go, aren’t you? That was just a one-time thing only! I know how to handle the heat,” she whined loudly on the phone, causing Mina to chuckle.

“I know love, you are a great cook. But I’m only giving you the option just in case.”

“And I will never use that option,” Mina could feel Nayeon pout from the other side of the phone. The image of her soft, puffy lips form into a pout makes the CEO coo at the thought. She is tempted to kiss that pout away.

“Well, I’m telling that to you just in case. See you at 6? Your apartment?”

“See you later then. Bye!” Nayeon made smooching noises before ending the call. Mina smiled as she puts the phone away, then igniting the car to life before leaving the place to go back to the company.

 

While Mina is speeding her way back to her office, her friends are still in the café with the curiosity still in their minds. They just watched how Mina smiled from answering the call, her smile still plastered on her face after she was done talking.

“This Nayeon must’ve saved an entire planet before. How can she make Mitang smile for this long?! She was smiling in minutes! MINUTES! That’s the longest I’ve seen her smile outside of the press,” Sana exclaimed, her hands moving wildly to emphasize her point.

Momo nodded, though more invested in the cake she is currently eating while Jihyo hummed in agreement. It was hard to please Mina as she is a woman who is strict and ensures everything is perfect and just the way she likes it. But for Nayeon to make her hard, cold exterior crumble so easily, Jihyo thought that Mina may have it bad for this person. She smirks at the thought of her friend being whipped at her significant other.

“What’s with the face? What are you thinking about?” Sana asked, her eyes fixed on Jihyo.

Jihyo looked at her and said, “Nothing. Just thinking of the many ways we could about Nayeon,” she shrugged. Sana grinned mischievously at the thought.

Momo choked on her cake. She placed down the plate and grab the napkin to wipe off any excess around . “I pray that Mina doesn’t fire you if you do that,” as she threw the napkin back on the table.