oh, please, take care of me, I'm all for you

christmas eve for lonely hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I really hope y'all like this! Merry Christmas! 

 

×

 

If she was honest, as soon as she saw the snowflakes fall hard from the sky, Jessica Jung felt that something was going to happen. It was so cold that she felt her bones tremble and she told herself that she would return home immediately after dropping her children off at her ex-wife's house. It was a tradition that Byeongchan and Hyunjung, their two children, took turns at Christmas with one of their mothers and that year was with her wife. Despite being irritated by having to go out in the cold, Jessica knew that it was the right of the woman who once loved to be with the children and has their presence that day.  

 

So she packed the two and five-year-olds and put them in the car, heading to the other side of Seoul, where her ex-wife lived. What angered Jung most was Tiffany Hwang's ability to complicate her life because the woman could have chosen to live in her neighborhood, that neighborhood was quiet and perfect for raising children, but she chose to live right in the center of the Seoul movement.

 

As such, the trip had already taken fifty-five minutes and her car was still several blocks away from Tiffany's house. Her fury only increased as snow fell from the sky and ruined the roads, and she was about to hit the steering wheel in frustration when she heard her phone ring.

 

“Hey, where are you guys?” Her ex's voice rang out and Jung grunted but glanced at a sign that said which street she was on before answering the woman.

 

"About three blocks from your house. The snow is rising very quickly, I don't think we will be able to leave here anytime soon, the traffic is really horrible.” She replied, snorting nervously. Her gaze strayed to Byeongchan in the backseat who had the pacifier between his lips and looked ready to cry.

 

Jessica knew she needed to act soon as the heater wouldn't be enough for the three of them and she had filled the car with very little gas. She knew it was freezing cold and the streets would be even more impossible to walk soon. Even Hyunjung, who loved to go out, was pouting and looking agitated already.

 

“The traffic jam is unbearable. You better park the car and let me pick you up.” Tiffany said on the other end of the line and Jung sighed. The woman was right. The walk to her apartment would be faster than trying to cross all that way by car, the blizzard was every second more intense.

 

“You come to get them and I'll see if I can get home from here,” Jessica replied, swallowing hard. The way back to her house would probably be even worse, but at least she wouldn't be with the kids.

 

“What? No! Are you crazy? Tell me where you are and I'll pick up the three of you.” Hwang exclaimed and Jung frowned, confused, but said where they are anyway.

 

She parked a few feet away and sighed softly, leaving the heater on and starting to grab the kids' backpacks. They usually didn't carry a lot of things, as they had the same things at Tiffany's house, but if they lost Byeongchan's Duckling or Hyunjung's Spiderman Cup, they would be in a lot of trouble.

 

“Mom, what are we doing here?” Hyunjung asked, confused and Jessica turned to face the child with a smile on her face. She didn't want to worry her five-year-old daughter.

 

“We're waiting for your omma to come to get us, baby. There are no conditions for us to be able to drive in the snow.” Said the brown-haired woman. She grabbed her purse and stuffed the essentials inside and nearly choked on her own saliva as she saw how the snow was gathering on her car window.

 

“Mommy.” Byeongchan's low voice rang out and immediately Jung turned to the little one, who had tears in his eyes. “Where's omma?”

 

“She's coming, darling. Take it easy.” Jessica replied, worried. The little one pouted, which always declared the beginning of his crying, but then they heard a knock on the window.

 

Jung was ready to scream when she saw her ex-wife's unmistakable glowing eyes. She immediately unlocked the car and Hwang climbed into the passenger seat, shivering with cold.

 

"I took a shortcut. Let's go quickly, the snow is falling more and more and I think it will be impossible to walk in this cold in a few minutes.” Tiffany spoke hoarsely. Jung swallowed, missing that voice he only heard distorted over the phone and wanting to hug the woman to warm her up.

 

"Do you think you can take them alone?" Jessica asked her, looking away and watching the snowfall instead of looking at the brunette.

 

“What? No, no. You go with us Jessica, I won't let you go home in this snow.” Tiffany exclaimed nervously. Jung turned to face her, eyebrows raised and a sideways smile, confused.

 

“I have plans for Christmas.” She disagreed, but her ex-wife took her hand and looked deep into her eyes.

 

“Sica-ah, if you're going to drive in this snow you might not even make it home. Please think of the children.” Hwang pleaded, her eyes starting to get teary and bright. She seemed affected by the thought of being without Jessica, who broke into a fond smile.

 

They had been separated for more than two years and even so the woman still nurtured a huge affection for each other. Obviously, they had to get along well to be great mothers to their children, but Hwang still harbored an enormous tenderness for her.

 

"Tiffany…" Jessica sighed, before facing the kids in the backseat. Byeongchan had tears in his eyes and the pacifier was falling from h8s lips, but Hyunjung's hopeful look was what convinced her. “Okay, let's go.”

 

Tiffany smiled brightly, her famous eye smile, before getting out of the car. Jessica grabbed her bag and left too, going to get Hyunjung out of the car seat. She took her daughter in her arms and left with her bag, checking that Hwang had already picked up Byeongchan before locking the car. She hadn't been wearing suitable shoes for walking in the snow for a long time, so she was walking slowly.

 

Her ex-wife came to her side and she looked incredibly small in her coat, which made Jung break into a smile. She saw that Tiffany was having some difficulty walking in the snow so she reached out with her free hand to grab the other woman's arm. The brunette turned towards her with a smile, snuggling into her side and matching her steps.

 

The walk seemed to be fast, despite the position they were in. Byeongchan was muttering “Dear Santa” along with Tiffany, in the English version, and it made Jessica's heart warm even more all the way. The little boy was brilliant, he loved to study despite his young age, and, having been born in the United States, English was still his primary language. They spoke Korean to him constantly and he understood both languages, but he still had difficulty with Korean.

 

Hyunjung, on the contrary, refused to speak English. When they moved to the US, the girl was still young, but she ended up not getting used to the language and only spoke Korean with everyone around her. She was much more outgoing now that they had returned to Korea for good, but she was still very quiet, which worried Jung.

 

When they arrived at Hwang's apartment, Jessica was already feeling more comfortable. Obviously, she had no plans to spend Christmas Eve with her ex, let alone inside her apartment, but she wasn't going to complain. Her car could have broken down and she could still be in the cold with her kids, so she thanked her for being in a warm place.

 

"Omma, can I get bippli?" Hyunjung questioned after Tiffany took off her coat and the woman nodded quickly, leaving the child free to run around the apartment.

 

”Hyunjung-ah, be careful when running!” Jessica exclaimed worriedly, but her daughter ignored her. And as soon as Byeongchan was put down, he did the same, running to their playroom. The brown woman was left muttering as she straightened her children's shoes and coats.

 

“It's Christmas Eve, Sica. Let them run.” Tiffany subtly complained, earning an eye roll from the older woman. She laughed and grabbed the bags Jung was carrying, slinging them over her shoulder.

 

"Aren't you afraid they might get hurt?" Jessica asked rhetorically and could only feel Hwang gently pulling her hand away. The woman had a small smile on her face, but one that was always capable of turning Jung's stomach.

 

“Of course I am. Very much. But if I worry too much, I'll have wrinkles and gray hair by thirty-two.” The younger one sneered softly, making the brown haired roll her eyes. The brunette led Jessica to the guest room, where she placed the bags the woman had brought and the children's, before turning to leave.

 

“You… Can I borrow a pair of pajamas?” Jung questioned, having gathered all her courage to ask that question. She watched as Hwang broke into a small smile before the woman almost ran out of the room.

 

Jessica breathed heavily, reaching for her cell phone to warn Soojung of the situation and for her to let her parents know she wouldn't be home that night. After doing so, she turned off the device and sorted her children's things, mumbling softly to herself about leaving her makeup bag in the car. Lucky for her, Tiffany returned to the bedroom minutes later with comfortable pajamas in hand.

 

“If you want, you can go change in the bathroom in my room and use the hygiene items there. They're the same ones you've used since forever, so it's no problem if you use them.” The brunette said before leaving the room.

 

Jung was forced to listen to her, knowing that if she left the makeup on her face tomorrow it would look awful and full of marks that would be terrible to take off in the next few days. She grabbed her cell phone and her pajamas and went to Hwang's room, a little hesitantly. The woman's bedroom was not what she had expected, actually, as it was lightly colored, but she managed to make it to the bathroom without looking too much.

 

But when she faced the bathroom mirror, she had to stop and take a deep breath. There was a Polaroid taped in front of her and Jung clenched her own hands to keep from reacting too much. Shivering, she squeezed her eyes shut and swallowed hard. They hadn't been together for over two years, they split even before Byeongchan was born. Why did she feel so affected to see a photo of Tiffany kissing another woman?

 

And why did the words “I’m sorry, mon couer” arouse such fury inside her? There was no sense, she didn't even love Tiffany anymore. One of the reasons for the divorce was that their love grew cold, became dry as the Arizona desert. And now, she reacted that way when she saw a simple photo.

 

"Must be the Christmas mood," Jessica muttered to herself and went back into changing. She would think about her own reaction later, when she had time. Or rather, when she was lying in her own bed for the next few nights.

 

Minutes later, Jung found himself in the middle of the sprawling sofa in Hwang's living room as his daughter fiddled with the controller in search of a good Christmas movie. The girl had forced her two mothers to sit down to watch the movie and even had Tiffany make hot chocolate for everyone to drink, something which, despite some complaint, she did.

 

“Frozen!” Byeongchan exclaimed just watching his favorite movie on TV and Jessica turned to face him. The boy had a bright look in his eyes and she noticed that Tiffany was staring at him the same way. It was undeniable that the little one had taken almost everything from his mother, even the eye smile.

 

“Put Frozen, Hyun-ah. Your brother loves this movie.” Jung spoke to her daughter, who pouted dissatisfied, seeming to ponder what her mother had said, before pressing enter.

 

"But just for a few minutes and because I like the snowman music!" Hyunjung announced to the family, seriously pointing her finger at her brother. Jessica rolled her eyes softly, pretending to be innocent seconds later when young Hwang turned in her direction.

 

Another undeniable thing was that Hwang Hyunjung had pulled out all her good and bad qualities. But being bossy didn't come from Jung, who turned to face her ex-wife who had a big smile on her face. That particular quality was completely Tiffany.

 

"I want an Olaf,” Byeongchan muttered under his breath, tugging at Jessica's pajama sleeve. The woman laughed but nodded anyway.

 

"Tomorrow when the snow passes, we'll go to the mall to buy one.” She promised and her son cracked a smile, jumping into the lap of the other mother.

 

"Mommy, I want an Olaf too!" Hyunjung complained and Jung smiled at her daughter. She hugged the girl in her arms and kissed her hair softly.

 

"We'll buy whatever you want!" Jessica said and just caught a glimpse of her ex-wife's furrowed brow.

 

“With moderation.” Hwang disagreed, causing Jessica to laugh and the children to complain. Despite this, they continued to watch Frozen together, until Byeongchan's belly rumbled and they were forced to make real food.

 

Jessica was really shocked to come face to face with Tiffany's empty fridge and she was a little infuriated to see that there was nothing healthy there, just a considerable amount of beer and open bottles of wine. She had to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter