Extra chapter #2

The Reason Why

Minjun was sitting on his bed playing the PlayStation, immersed in what was an adventure game to the point of not having noticed the presence of his mother, who had to put a hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Our pizza has arrived, we have to hurry or Momo will eat everything" Jihyo reached out to kiss her son's head, putting her usual delicacy into that simple gesture.

"I'll be fast, I'm very hungry" he paused the game and got up nimbly, holding his mother tightly on the way to the kitchen.

Momo was already sitting at the table, intent on reviewing some articles on her cell phone "you know I hate waiting when I have food in front of me, there is a circle in hell just for people like you two"

"Don't be dramatic, it took us a couple of minutes" her wife had taken a seat next to the brunette.

"I'm saying what I think, if you don't like that you can shut me up with a kiss" Momo stretched her lips, receiving the most total nothing and pouting "you are as bad as ever"

Minjun, unlike his mothers who always found something to say to interrupt the moments of silence, was taciturn and was just eating with his gaze fixed on the bottle of water in front of him.

"Honey, are you okay?" Jihyo was looking at him worried "in the last few days you seemed a bit absent, you seem dull"

The older of her mothers gave up one of her slices of pizza to give it to her baby "eat this too and tell us what's wrong, we're here to listen to you"

"I'm fine, I'm just a little tired because at night I prefer playing with my friends to sleeping and training exhausts me further" he smiled to reassure both of them, trying to appear as cheerful as possible "I'm sorry for making you worry, but I'm fine" 

"If you feel too tired I can tell Mina and Chae to come and pick you up tomorrow night, you know there are no problems when it comes to postponing a date"

The boy shook his head "I really want to go out with them and they promised me some drinks I'd like to try. You know I don't drink alcohol when I'm with my friends, but I think I can break the rule if I'm in the company of my family"

"Okay, but if you feel very tired tell them and they will bring you back home" Momo took the empty cardboard box that until a few minutes before had the pizza inside, closing it and making it fall on the floor "now there is much more space" 

Jihyo looked first at her son and then at her wife "what did you just do?"

"I cleared the table, that carton was too bulky and I hate being tight when eating"

"Collect it immediately and go place it on the counter"

"I don't feel like it, I'll do it after dinner"

"Hirai Momo"

"Park Jihyo, light of my eyes and adored wife" she gave her a sweet smile, resting her chin on her closed fists to get a better look at her.

Jihyo was blushing "I hate you when you do this"

Minjun was enjoying that scene and did so for the duration of the dinner, leaving the house after receiving a message from his aunts. He got in the car and smiled at both "can I trust you?"

"We did the maintenance a few days ago, our little car is super safe" Chaeyoung was gently the wheel "are you ready for this crazy night? Do you want to go to a club to watch some strippers?"

Mina glared at her wife "these weren't the plans, if you care so much to see some girls undressing go alone. We can have fun even without you"

"How touchy, you know that the only stripteases I like are yours"

"Do you want to stop? Minjun is here!"

Chaeyoung smiled "he is now a man, I doubt he only thinks to enter the world of Dragon Ball to fight with some bad guys"

The boy smiled a bit shyly "in fact I happen to have more.. Mature thoughts"

"See? He won't be scandalized by my speeches and then, to be honest, I was sure because I did it too during the years I waited for you"

Mina softened immediately after that revelation "you never told me explicitly"

"I've never felt the need, but I want to behave like a good aunt and make our nephew understand that there is nothing wrong with thinking about the person he likes"

The subject was changed several times all the way to their destination by car, but after having had two drinks, Minjun's cheeks were red and his eyes seemed to sparkle "I think I fell in love, that's how we define ourselves when we have liked someone for a long time, right?"

"How long have you liked this person?" Mina was gently arranging his hair.

"It's been about three years since I first looked at her as you look at a girl and not a friend. Since that time, I haven't been able to get her out of my head"

Chaeyoung was running her finger across her own glass "may I ask why you haven't declared yourself yet?"

"Because I'm a coward and maybe I should have continued to be, we stopped talking after the kiss I gave her and I don't know how to approach her anymore"

"Describe her character, so we can understand how to help you" Mina had stopped touching her nephew's hair to caress his back.

Minjun smiled, listing every single detail of the person he was in love with, not focusing only on her character but also talking about her little habits "when she doesn't like what she's eating she pretends a cough to make me understand that she needs help to finish it all"

The two women looked at each other immediately, realizing who the boy was talking about and deciding not to mention her name, giving him some advice and easing his sadness.

 

 

 

 

One of the habits that Tzuyu and Nana had built over the years was to get into the latter's bed to do TV series marathons or simply to talk about this and that. That morning the older of the two had snuck into her sister's room to enjoy some of her affection, hugging her from behind.

"I missed you so much, it would be nice if you could come back every month"

"I have a lot of things to do because of my job, but that's why Sharon and I both decided to take a break"

Nana had turned to be able to return her sister's hug "how long can you stay?"

"A month or so, this year we will be able to see the arrival of autumn together" she tidied a lock of hair behind her sister's ear "don't be sad, you know you can come and see me whenever you want and that you would a room all to yourself"

"I have to finish studying, as you know I'm a bit behind"

Tzuyu's grip had become stronger and her tone of voice had dropped "if you don't like what you are studying you should change your path, there would be nothing wrong or to be ashamed of and I'm sure our mothers would understand the situation"

"I am so close to the end that it would be a waste to stop right now, I just have to find the enthusiasm necessary to be able to face anything and to silence my worries"

"May I ask you what worries you? If you don't feel like telling me it doesn't matter, but I would like you to get rid of a few pebbles in your shoe, so that you can walk with more peace of mind"

The younger sat with her eyes fixed on a photo on her desk "promise not to judge me and not to tell anyone, not even to our mothers"

"I wouldn't do it under any circumstances, but if hearing me say it will make you feel more calm then I promise you"

"Lately I realized that I have quite strong feelings for a guy and at first I thought it was because I was never in a relationship, that having him always by my side was influencing me, but when I look at him my heart speeds up a lot and I would like to smile like a fool"

Tzuyu smiled immediately after hearing those words and had joined her sister in the middle of thr bed "he must be a very special guy to have caught your attention. Is he your fellow student?"

"No, you know him too"

"You're putting me in trouble because I don't remember meeting any of your friends other than Kami"

After several attempts to make the older understand everything Nana decided to play the last card she had left "he calls you aunt"

Tzuyu's confusion stopped immediately and it was replaced by the surprise "it's Jun"

"Nice mess, right? We also kissed and I ran away like a fool" she took her face in her hands "since then we haven't talked anymore and it's been almost a week. I don't know how I'll look him in the face when we go to his house to celebrate his birthday"

"It's a complicated situation, but I wouldn't call it a mess" she took her hand to reassure her "it wouldn't be fair not to bring to light what you feel for each other"

"Don't you think it's strange that I like Jun? We grew up together and I'm three years older than him"

The older sighed, thinking about the most suitable words to use "you two aren't related and to be honest you have always behaved like two best friends, so your romantic feelings aren't so strange. You're also stupid, where is it written that the boy must be the one with the most years of life?"

Nana was struck by the straightforwardness with which her older sister had spoken "how did you learn to express yourself in this way?"

"Thanks to Sharon, she doesn't mince words and she always says what she thinks. She infected me" she smiled, showing the dimple on her cheek "I miss her very much"

"She's in Japan now, right?"

Tzuyu nodded, checking the notifications on her cell phone "she will be back for the family party, it seemed right to let her spend time with her parents even if we will visit them a few days before returning to America"

"It seems fair to me, even if the distance must be hard"

"You're right, but don't think I forgot what you told me" she gently pinched her nose, smiling "my little sister fell in love"

 

 

 

 

"Jun, come on for a second!" Jihyo yelled from the living room, conveying impatience and some anxiety.

The boy immediately joined her, worried "did something happen?"

"I have these movie vouchers and today is the last day to use them, get dressed and go out" she handed him the two slips of paper.

"Jack is busy and I don't know what to do with the second ticket, you and mom go" he said gently, smiling as usual.

Jihyo slowly shook her head "we have a business dinner, don't you have anyone to invite?"

The light bulb in Minjun's brain went on in that instant, making his heart beat faster "I will surely find someone, thanks mom" he took the tickets and went back to his room to take the cell phone and make a call.

Nana had answered on the second ring "Jun? Are you okay?" she looked worried.

"Sure, why this question?"

"It's almost dinner time and if you're calling me it's because there's nothing to eat. Have your mothers forgotten to take care of you?" she said it jokingly.

"You almost guessed it because it's about tonight's dinner" he was counting the money he had in his wallet with all the attention he could "how about going to eat a giant hamburger in the new fast food?

The girl had taken a few seconds to reply "this is one of those proposals that are impossible to refuse"

"So you accepted? I also have two cinema vouchers"

The idea of ​​going to dinner and the movies alone with him made Nana jump out of her bed to rummage through the closet "deal, I'll see you in front of the restaurant. Shall we make it at eight?"

"I'll be on time!"

After closing the phone call, they both made an effort to get ready, intending to be at their best.

 

 

 

 

Looking at baby items had become a favorite pastime of Dahyun, who used to stand in front of the mirror to picture herself with a baby bump, and it was the third time she was looking at them that day.

Sana had observed her discreetly from the start of her pastimes and she had never said anything for fear of the words that might come out of .

That evening she had heard a voice from her brain to join her wife in the walk-in closet. She did so, finding the woman she loved in front of the mirror with her hands on her flat belly.

She couldn't resist: she reached her to hug her from behind and to put her hands on hers "I had decided to wait for you to notice it to tell you that I had realized your desire to become a mother, but you are taking a lifetime and I would like to face this speech as soon as possible"

"I didn't tell you because we have never dealt with having a family and I deduced that you wouldn't want to have children"

"I would be a liar if I said that I always wanted to because I am so selfish that I haven't even thought about it, but now that I have matured I can say that I am ready. Seeing you like this excites me and my fantasy leads me to imagine ourselves with children who look like us" she turned her around to look into her eyes "there's nothing I wouldn't do with you by my side"

Dahyun had tears in her eyes, but she was smiling "are you serious? Do you feel ready to have a family with me?"

"I can prove it" she picked up her cell phone, looking for a particular contact and pushing the call button.

When Jeongyeon had replied her wife's eyes had gone out of their sockets in surprise "you disturbed the atmosphere that had been created between me and my wife, I hope it's important"

"I beg your pardon, but you're the only one I can ask to" Sana smiled at her wife "could you help me and Dahyun do the same path you did to get Nana?"

Nayeon had yelled in excitement "do you want to have children? That's great! I'm going to get all the documentation to review every single step!"

"She ran away" Jeongyeon was laughing "damn girls, you should have warned before dropping such a bomb because your favorite aunt must be ready to steal another brat's heart"

"You won't have my baby!"

Dahyun was laughing and crying at the same time, making her wife worry about her "I'm fine, I'm doing this because I'm happy" she reassured her before kissing her on her lips "we'll have a family of our own!"

 

 

 

 

Nana realized that meeting Minjun in person wasn't as easy as talking to him on the phone and she found herself staring at the sidewalk so as not to meet his gaze "sorry for the delay, my moms pulled back at the last minute and I took the bus"

"No problem, although I would have opted to take your car instead" he opened the door of the restaurant, waving her in first and smiling like a fool at their brief exchange of glances.

"Unfortunately my constant anxiety prevents me from driving and, as inconvenient as public transport can be, I feel safer when someone else is driving"

They sat in a quiet corner to talk without problems and to enjoy those moments alone, ordering two menus with the intention of dividing everything in half to be able to try different foods.

"You absolutely must eat this" Nana, without thinking twice, had brought her sandwich to the boy's mouth, blushing when the latter did what he was told.

"It tastes great, but I prefer what I took" Minjun imitated what the older had done a moment ago, finding himself staring at her dreamily the whole time.

Being dazed made him clumsy enough to make his elbow collide with his glass, which immediately spilled in the opposite direction from his own, wetting the dress Nana was wearing.

The boy widened his eyes, halfway between the terrified and the mortified "Nana.. I'm sorry"

Nana's attention shifted from Minjun's perfect face to the stain that had formed on her dress, but her reaction surprised the both of them "it doesn't matter, with this heat it will dry in no time. Don't worry Jun" she smiled at him before dabbing the wet area.

"Are you sure? I'm so sorry, I didn't want to"

"I'll wash it and it will be as good as new, you don't have to ruin your evening for this. Eat, a sportsman like you must keep up with energy"

Minjun smiled immediately, feeling light again "to tell the truth I shouldn't eat these things, they could ruin my body"

"It would be a huge loss to humanity" she replied in a dramatic tone before turning serious "but you would be beautiful even without your muscles"

After the sentence pronounced by the older, silence had become the fundamental element of their date as well as embarrassment, leading them not to speak to each other. The film the boy had chosen, to Nana's chagrin, was a horror film and the girl was shaking in her chair with fear.

After yet another jumpscare Nana's hand sought that of the boy sitting next to her, squeezing it tightly. She had closed her eyes and was unaware of the worried look he had been pointing at her.

Minjun's free hand reached out to gently caress her face and bring her close to him to make her feel safe "I'm here, you coward"

"Don't fool me, you are unpleasant when you do it" that closeness made her fear subsides in a second, putting her at ease enough to rest her head on Minjun's shoulder for the duration of the film.

To apologize for the mistakes he had made that night, the boy offered to pay the taxi for both of them, accompanying the girl to her door to make sure she returned safely.

"Thanks for the evening and sorry for the stain on the dress. I also apologize for choosing that movie, I didn't remember your hatred for horror"

"Stop apologizing, I had fun despite everything thanks to your presence"

They were looking at each other with shyness, both undecided on what to do "then.. Goodnight"

"Goodnight" Nana found herself hoping for a more expansive greeting, but when Minjun turned to leave all her hopes collapsed at her feet "you're a fool, you should have kissed him if you cared that much. Now shut up and make do" she mumbled until she reached the bed, unaware that the boy was berating himself in the same way.