Chapter twenty-one

The Reason Why

The head of the publishing house had shown understanding as usual regarding the birth of Minjun, allowing the two new mothers to take a few days off and not hiding his enthusiasm for the birth of the child.

However, despite all that kindness, Momo didn't feel like leaving her and Jihyo's work on the shoulders of some other employee and she devoted at least a couple of hours a day to proofreading the articles to be printed.

When she decided to take a break she looked at the time on her phone: it was four in the morning "oh , I hope Jihyo didn't notice my absence or she'll kill me" she hurried to put everything in order and, making as little noise as possible, she immediately reached the bedroom.

Her girlfriend was sleeping soundly, still exhausted from the day of the birth, and she tucked her blankets carefully. Then she walked over to the crib attached to their bed, smiling at the sight of her baby "little pest, you're awake" she said in a whisper before picking him up.

She decided to leave the room and close the door so as not to disturb Jihyo "I know you are hungry and just because I know you well I have already prepared the baby bottle, I just have to heat everything and you can fill your tummy"

She had quickly gotten used to taking care of a newborn, going from making milk to changing smelly diapers, and she really enjoyed that routine. She loved smelling Minjun's scent, cuddling him and seeing his toothless smiles, but what she loved the most was sleeping all together because it made her feel at home.

Minjun started crying from hunger and Momo did her best to calm him down "don't cry, your baby food is almost ready" she kissed him on the head "your mommy is here with you, don't throw a tantrum"

She fed him and she helped him very patiently to make him burp "you're a good little boy" she was cradling him, never losing her smile.

"You are really good with him" Jihyo was leaning against the door jamb, with a tired look, crumpled pajamas and a happy smile "he is very calm when you hold him, he loves you"

"I'm doing my best to imitate you so he doesn't feel uncomfortable when you're not around"

The younger hugged her sideways, looking at their baby "you're doing great, you have an amazing maternal instinct"

Momo didn't think twice before placing her lips on her girlfriend's temple, knowing how much she needed to feel appreciated "I never thought I wanted a family and now that I have one I wonder how I managed to live without having wanted one so far, it's a wonderful feeling" 

"This is because you aren't used to use your brain and it's always for this reason that it took us so long to become a real couple" she reached out to kiss her before giving her full attention to Minjun.

"You're right, I was really stupid not to accept my feelings for you right away and I regret it so much, but now we're here and you can rest assured because you won't get rid of me anymore"

"It sounds like a menace" Jihyo was cradling their baby, smiling with both and eyes.

Momo smiled mischievously "it could really be, who knows"

 

 

 

 

Dahyun had decided to make a small stop at the park located in the same area where her girlfriend lived, sitting on a bench to have a snack. Summer would be over in a few weeks, but she wasn't sad because she was aware that she had achieved all her goals: her nephew was born, her sisters were happy, she had finally found some friends and the person she loved was making a serious effort to make their relationship work.

Not even a year had passed since she and her sisters moved to the capital, but Dahyun felt she had always lived in that place "I'm getting nostalgic, I told Sana not to show me those cheesy films"

"Don't blame me, I don't seem to have forced you to cry during the vision" the redhead was behind the bench on which the brunette was sitting "what are you doing here? And, above all, why are you having a snack without me?"

Sana sat down, accepting a chocolate with a smile and respecting the silence of her girlfriend, taking the opportunity to carefully look at everything in the park to relax a bit.

Dahyun had focused on her girl's profile, adoring every single inch of it "I never thanked you for making me understand what it means to be in love"

"If that's how you want to put it then I should be the one thanking you, I'm the dull one between us" she took her hand, playing with her fingers to keep busy. 

"Will you ever regret your feelings for me?"

Sana took a few seconds to think about it "I don't think so, unless you do something unforgivable, but I probably wouldn't regret even then because what I feel even when I think of you gives me reason to believe that I will love you all the way through life. It's strange to say because unexpected things happen every day, but I know for sure that my heart belongs to you since our first meeting"

"I want to laugh because I think the same things" Dahyun's smile was so beautiful it left the older speechless "I feel I can face anything with you by my side"

"I will always be there, in each of your conquests and bad days. For now you have to think about graduating and I will do my best not to distract you from this important goal, but as soon as you are of age I will start listing all the projects that I would like to complete with you. Even if.. There is one that I particularly care about"

"Which one?" Dahyun, as usual, hadn't been able to hide all her curiosity.

Sana kissed her hand, smiling excitedly "I'd like to introduce you to my parents, they can't wait to meet you"

"Do they know about our age difference?" she was feeling nervous and was about to start sweating. She couldn't stand another wall between her and her girlfriend, not again.

"They know and I have to say that their open-mindedness is greater than mine, they didn't flinch when they found out your age and called me stupid right after they learned of my constant refusals. They are modern parents and they already adore you, you can be calm"

The girl smiled, feeling relieved by that unexpected and beautiful news "I want to meet them too, they seem like good people" she handed another chocolate to the older, transmitting all her love in that small gesture "this is a limited edition and I managed to find it by a miracle, but I prefer that you eat it. Accept it"

Sana did as she was asked, taking the chocolate and enjoying it while she read the note attached to the paper that wrapped it "l'Amor che move il Sole e l'altre Stelle"

"It is the last verse of the Divine Comedy" murmured Dahyun "Dante wanted to specify that it is love that moves everything and that he himself, being part of this everything, is moved by love"

"I already knew, but hearing you say these things warmed my heart. You are more romantic than we both believe and you are not just a teenager in a hormonal storm" she smiled amused "but I love every facet of your personality"

"You're always kidding me, I'm leaving" she pouted and stood up to walk away, but a broad smile had made its way to her face as she turned away from her girlfriend.

Sana stood up and gathered their things in a hurry "wait for me, I didn't mean to offend you!"

Dahyun laughed at her, turning to poke her tongue "you fell for it, old woman"

"You'll see what this old woman will do after she takes you" she smiled mischievously, throwing the garbage in the garbage can and running towards the person she loved.

 

 

 

 

"Tzu, are you ready? We have to go soon or you will be late for the audition" Jeongyeon gently knocked on the girl's door, waiting for an answer from the latter.

"And if I don't fit? I would be very bad and I would have the umpteenth confirmation that life " in the last period she had started to behave like any complex teenager and it amused the older a lot.

She took her shoulders, looking into her eyes "you have a wonderful face, one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, to be honest, and you have a bearing of your own that makes you almost otherworldly. You just have to show that any angle is right for you and that the camera lens loves you" she smiled encouragingly "you won't have any favoritism just like you asked me and that's why you have to bring out the courage"

Tzuyu had repeatedly blinked "since when are you good at pep talk?"

"Ever since Nayeon scolded me for accidentally dropping your sister's morale"

"Nana doesn't understand much of what she is told, I don't think she takes offense at your insensitive speeches"

"I was talking about Dahyun, do you know when on my gorgeous and fabulous mom's birthday she fell because of her heels? I might have made her feel awkward"

Tzuyu's smile was halfway between amused and mischievous "you're a bad person"

The older puffed up her chest with pride "you are as bad as me, don't think you are outdone"

"Like mother like daughter, right?"

Jeongyeon softened her eyes "I guess that's a truthful saying"

"I'm finishing getting ready" Tzuyu's cheeks were more rosy than usual and the haste with which she had closed the door of her bedroom was yet another proof of her embarrassment.

The other girl hurriedly reached the living room, hugging Nayeon "Tzuyu practically called me mom and it's a wonderful feeling, she has lived with us for a very short time and our relationship has completely changed"

The older returned the squeeze, feeling a little excited "this coexistence is doing us all good, even Nana is much happier since her Yuyi is there"

"The four of us should take a trip, let's take a few days off to enjoy time with our daughters" Jeongyeon's thoughts were already projected to the future, leading her directly to the most popular destinations.

"Good heavens, you lost your mind" Nayeon was laughing heartily, but calmed down so as not to change her girl's mood "where would you like to go?"

"Let's turn the globe and Nana will stop it with her finger, what do you think?"

"It's a perfect plan" she smiled again, feeling so light that she felt like she could fly "let's do it after Tzuyu has auditioned"

 

 

 

 

Three years had passed and Tzuyu's life had changed completely: she attended a school in America and her commitments were divided between hours of study and photo shoots. She had passed the audition in which she had participated long before, immediately receiving many requests to wear the most disparate clothes and accessories.

Despite her worldwide fame, she remained a down to earth girl, full of dreams and hopes for the future. Her character had evolved to make her a smiling person, spontaneous and unable to hide her emotions. Speaking of emotions, there was one person who made her heart beat faster every single day: her girlfriend.

Sharon had joined her in class, sitting next to her as usual before kissing her on the cheek "good morning"

"Good morning to you, you're late" she smiled at her with a dimple "I thought Japanese people loved punctuality"

"I am a separate case and you should know it since you know my cousins ​​very well" she placed her backpack on the desk "the professor isn't here yet, so I'm not late. Have you already decided what to do this summer?"

Tzuyu thought about it "I'll go home to be with my family, since at the end of the holidays I'll have to come back here to finish studying" she turned completely towards her, a little shy "would you like to accompany me? Japan and Korea are close and I would only steal a couple of days from you"

"Do you want to let people know about our relationship? It's fine with me, but it's an important decision"

"I would love it, just the thought makes me excited"

Sharon smiled mischievously "I can help you calm your hot spirits"

"I didn't mean that way!" Tzuyu was red up to her neck and had covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. 

"I was joking, take your hands off your beautiful face and let it be my lucky charm for today's task" she was holding the pen, twirling it with skill "I accept your offer, a year of relationship seems enough to come out.. We will also go to my parents"

"You're the best"

"It's your credit that I have overcome my behavioral problems and granting your wish seems the least I can do" she winked at her.

Tzuyu had taken her hand "if I have changed so much it's because you are by my side, before I met you I hadn't even kissed and the very thought terrified me"

"I know, your inexperience was pretty obvious. Don't hit me!" Sharon laughed immediately after being hit by her girl's notebook "don't be touchy, you know I love every single thing about you"

"This doesn't give you the right to make fun of me"

"To forgive me I'll come to sleep with you tonight, so we can organize ourselves to leave"

Tzuyu's mood was back to normal in the blink of an eye "we might as well.. You know, that thing"

Sharon's mischievous and pleased smile had returned to be seen "it seems obvious to me, the last time we were interrupted by your phone that didn't stop ringing"

"I'll put the silent mode, I promise"

Their conversation was interrupted by the entrance of the professor, who immediately gave an outline for the topic to be developed. That class was made up of sixteen to eighteen year olds and was meant to help all of them master English in the best possible way.

The outline was simple in that it required to talk about a topic of the students choice, but being careful to choose something that each of them would be able to write a long enough and articulate text.

Tzuyu decided not to think too much and to write down everything that was going through her head, so she grabbed the pen and left the rest to the flow of her thoughts, not caring too much about writing complex and perfectly connected sentences.

 

"Legally my name is Park Tzuyu, but despite this detail my surnames are others: Im and Yoo. My story is a bit complicated to explain and I will try to be as short and precise as possible in telling it. I was born in a wealthy family in a small town near Seoul and I am the youngest of three sisters. My parents have never behaved like they should have which is why our family has split up and I have to admit things have been much better since we lost contact with them.

 

Jihyo is the older sister among us and she is a wonderful person both inside and out, she cares a lot about me and she calls me twice a day to make sure I'm okay and that I am not missing anything.

 

Dahyun is the middle sister and, as such, the one most inclined to suffer and keep everything inside. She is very caring and mature and has a heart so big that she's almost perfect, but she also has flaws (she laughs in a disturbing way, sleeps in unacceptable positions and often snores).

 

I would like to make a special mention for Nana, my little sister in law and whom I love very much. She will soon turn six and I am no longer in the skin at the thought of being there to celebrate her (she loves her birthday, she feels like a princess in those cases and is very offended if the whole family isn't there to celebrate). She doesn't even care about gifts, she just needs to eat a cake all together.

 

Another special mention is for my nephew Minjun, who will soon be three years old. He is a little pest who loves to mess up his house, but at the same time he is a very sweet child, so much that he feels guilty immediately after having made one of his usual disasters. I call him a 'smart little monster' because, said between us, he really makes you lose your temper at times.

 

My in-law moms are named Nayeon and Jeongyeon, who have become so essential over time that they have earned this important name. I love them and they love me, we don't care if our special bond might be strange to others. It is also thanks to them that I have changed and I will never thank them enough.

 

Mina and Chaeyoung were my first friends, they invited me to go out together despite being in a relationship and they never made me feel a third wheel, they are fantastic. Now that I think about it I have never told either of the affection I feel towards them, maybe I should complete this mission when I return.

 

Last but not least (or maybe yes, I'll leave it to the imagination of those who read this) are Sana and Momo, my sisters' girlfriends. I have to admit it: there have been a few occasions where I wanted to hit them even though I don't even know how to slap someone, but I think I have clarified the point. They did all kinds of things and made my sisters cry, but I was wrong to judge them because they became Jihyo and Dahyun's point of reference. I am happy to have left a close family, it makes me worry less.

 

I would also like to talk about the person who changed me the most: Sharon. Fate is really weird considering the fact that this girl comes from the same family as one of my moms (she's the daughter of my grandma-in-law's brother) and I have to say that I love the turn events have taken since we met in this school. We are both models and have even posed together a couple of times for American commercials, falling in love between shots.

 

I'm not good at expressing myself and I'm not even sure if I wrote everything I wanted to say, let alone the way I wrote. I apologize in advance to those who will find this sheet in their hands, I hope this person doesn't get a severe headache.

 

I thank all the people mentioned (even those I haven't talked about) and I thank myself for being able to get out of my shell, for having discovered the beauty of feelings and of family.

 

-Im / Yoo Tzuyu"

 

After putting the assignment in a box, each student left the classroom, leaving the words they wrote in the hands of unknown elders who lived in a retirement home near their school. The professor smiled at Tzuyu "what did you talk about this time?"

"Of the people I love most in the world" she replied with a smile.

"So you talked about me too" Sharon hugged her immediately after putting her sheet in the box "it seems right, I only talked about you and your dimple"

Tzuyu smiled again, feeling the excitement for her impending departure and reunification with her family. They were planning to go camping for a day and she was no longer in the skin "come on, we have to pack our bags!"

That evening the two girls, after packing up and booking airline tickets, lay down on the bed to make plans.

"Where do you see yourself in twenty years?"

Sharon focused on that request "I see myself by your side, you?"

"It's the same for me"

"Am I officially part of your family?"

Tzuyu gave her a loving look "you can count on it"

 

 

 

~~~

This is the penultimate chapter of the main story, but there will be a few more chapters with two exceptional protagonists: Twice will be very present, but there will be two new (or maybe not-so-new) protagonists👀

Ps. If you don't know the phrase I kept in Italian and want to understand better the translation is "the Love that moves the Sun and other Stars" (something like that).