Knowing them.

Housemaid.

*Your POV*

Today makes 2 months since you first took the job as a housemaid. You didn't really have a choice at the time because you really needed the money. Afterall, beggers can't be choosers, thats what your father always told you before he left you and your sickly mother to fend for yourselves. You weren't neck deep in debt before your mother got sick, but ever since then, you chose to leave school  when you turned 18 and got a job to pay the bills because you did not wanna become like you father, you wanted to support her because she's your mother and you love her more than you love yourself.
Now that you've got the job as a housemaid, you're able to pay the hospital bills and put food on the table, even though the money doesn't cover your other needs, it's sufficiant to keep the two of you alive and that was the only thing you want. 

You like your new job; the owners ,who you knew to be were the 'kingkas' of the society, are hardly ever at home. You've never actually met them nor have you seen them but from what you've heard, no interaction meant a blessing. Their house was HUGE. It had the lot: pools, gym, spas, countless number of bedrooms and bathrooms. You can't imagine why anyone would leave this house in the first place. You are the youngest out of all the maids. The rest of them are in their 40s and already married with children. They were all nice to you when you first joined and took you in as if you were their own child, everyone except Jung Gyuna, who didn't seem to like you very much and still doesn't. She constantly makes remarks about you and that hurt you a bit but you try your best to ignore it. 

It was 10pm and were making your way out of the house when the Headmaid, Seo Yoonju-ssi, called you back along with 9 other maids.

"Maids, I just received a call from Park Taewon-ssi, the boys' driver, he called to warn us that the boys are a bit drunk and annoyed, especially L.Joe. I've asked you to stay back so we don't make mistakes or else we'll have to face them....and no one wants that." She dropped her head. "You'll sleep at the maid quaters tonight"

You nodded and found yourself shaking because this would be the first time you saw either of them. You left to resume your duties in the kitchen.

10 minutes later, you hear vases being trashed, people screaming. It was a warzone outside. You quickly run out to find one of the maids on the floor. L.Joe had smashed the glass out of her hand and that made her stagger backwards and fall. "Get out of my way, you stupid ". He walked over to the couch which Changjo was sitting on and threw the pillows everywhere. He plonked himself on the couch. Sungyeol and L walk in. You notice something particular about L, he's looks so cold. He sat down on the couch that you were facing and he looked up at you and met your gaze, you quickly looked away and felt a shiver down your spine. You felt as if you were chucked into a bath tub filled with ice and sharp razors.  

You were ushered to get L a vodka, you don't know what the hell a vodka is and you only know that it is clear in colour. You're so scared of what theyre capable of that you arent aware of what you're doing. You can see the 'V' on a bottle of clear and start pouring. You walk towards him, slowly and carefully. You hand it to him in a tray and take a step back, still facing him. You see his fist tighten around the glass and you notice the scars around his knuckles. L sips his drink...you notice his snake eyes widen and look up at you. He stands up to look at you. You see a slight curve to his lips....Is he smiling, you wonder? You look at him with hopeful eyes. 

Flashback.

"______-ah, listen to your mother. There's two things in life you should always do. One is to stay true to yourself because no one else will accept you if you cant accept yourself first. Two, always look for the good in others.

Flashback End.