High Tension

M.O.T.T.E

As the four girls walked up to the bus stop to get to their destination, yongsun stared at wheein as they wait for the bus to arrive. The uneasiness she had earlier seemed to vanish as the rain also did so. The younger girl seemed to notice her staring as she smiled, showing her signature dimple that yongsun forgot to breathe for a moment. 

"Unnie. Are you even listening to me-" Moonbyul was rambling about one of their subjects the other day to yongsun. She stopped when she noticed the latter was blushing. Moonbyul then walked away from her friend to hwasa's side. 

Byul and hyejin looked at each other, as if they knew something the older doesn't. 

"Should we tell her?" Hyejin whispered as both stared at their friends who are too immersed with each other.

"It's too early, she might freak out. Let's wait for a few days or months maybe?" Moonbyul snickered as she nudged the younger. 

"If I win the bet, you owe me dinner."

Moonbyul was taken aback by the younger's provocation but nonetheless, she took up the challenge.

"Okay. But if I win, you owe me one."

"That's a deal!" Hyejin replied a little too loud for the other two girls to notice. Hwasa was about to bring her excitement up but she was cutted off by yongsun who procceded to ask,

"What deal?" 

"Oh-look the bus is here! I'm sitting with our hyejinie-" Before yongsun could interrogate the two, she was cutted off by moonbyul who gave hyejin an eye signal as she wrapped her arm around the younger's as they proceeded to enter the bus, leaving wheesun alone. 

"I guess you're sitting with me unnie?" Wheein said as she rub the back of her nape, clearing her dry throat as she was suddenly dying for a glass of water. 

Yongsun noticed the other was nervous as she held out a hand, "It's an honor, wheein-ssi."

Wheein beamed at the older's action as she took the older's girl hand, pulling both of them inside the bus. Yongsun glared at hwasun who was smirking at them as they sit on the other side, beside the two with wheein on the window side. 

For a moment, yongsun was dying with the silence between them as wheein merely sat and stared down at her feet. Yongsun wondered whether it was a good idea to talk to the girl or let her be. She looked to the side and noticed that hwabyul was laughing at each other's jokes not even minding on taking a glance at her and wheein. 

Yongsun leaned forward anxiously, just as wheein lifted her head. "Unnie. You know morse code right?" she said.

Yongsun looked startled as she didn't expect the younger to approach her first. She didn't mind the question as she responded enthusiastically "I do!"

Wheein gave her a mysterious smile, a smile she saw for the very first time in her life. "I see. Study well unnie." the latter said, putting her attention to the window instead of the older. 

Did she answer wrong? what's wrong with morse code- Yongsun was flustered and stupefied. As she was about to say something, she looked at wheein and saw that the girl was immersed at staring outside the window that she kept it to herself. 

The travel seemed to be a long ride as yongsun looked to her side and saw that hyejin fell asleep on moonbyul's shoulder as the older's head on the latter's. Yongsun sighed as she hugged her arms around to herself.

"Are you cold unnie?" Wheein asked, finally noticing her seatmate after a few moments. 

Yongsun shaked her head as she doesn't want to trouble wheein. Wheein nodded as she continued to look back outside the window. 

She's really something. Yongsun thought as despite the fading heat of the day, she felt cold. The travel to the amusement park was a lot longer than yongsun thought as she fell asleep on wheein's shoulder. The thunder roared so loudly that yongsun jolted awake as she look around nervously. 

"Unnie- Are you okay?" Wheein asked as she was also startled by the older's actions.

"Wheein-ah. I'm sorry-"

"For what-"

Yongsun, forgetting that she fell asleep on the latter's shoulder, saw that she drooled a little, making a mess on the younger's shirt. 

Wheein followed yongsun's glance at her shoulder as she saw the mess that yongsun did. "Don't mention it unnie. It happens to anyone once in a while"

"I still am sorry," Yongsun said, as the blood rushed to her face.

Hwabyul saw the scene as they look at each other before laughing out loud causing the other passengers to look at them.

"Did you captured yongsun's unnie sleeping face?" Moonbyul asked, as she was laughing beside her fellow friend. 

"Of course I got it on camera unnie!" Hwasa answered, showing the phone to moonbyul as they both laughed and stopped only until the bus driver glared at them from the rear view mirror. 

Yongsun mentally told herself to deal with the two later as she noticed wheein's tapping on the window. As the two were teasing her, she had forgotten that it started to drizzle. 

"-.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / ..- -. -.. . .-. ... - .- -. -.. / -- . / .-. .. --. .... - ..--.." You can understand me right?

Wheein's fingers hit the glass window as the drizzle clouded yongsun's mind. Yongsun was taken aback when she met the latter's eyes on the reflection on the window. Her eyes suddenly turn dark with suspicion. 

"I can understand you wheein-ssi." Yongsun said, taking a deep breathe as she confirmed that the latter knows morse code and that the younger called her weird earlier. 

Before yongsun could speak another word, she suddenly tensed up again as the drizzle become rain. It was raining hard and the tension between them suddenly suffocates her. She was beginning to get nervous not until the tapping of window caught her attention again. 

".. .----. -- / ... --- .-. .-. -.-- / ..-. --- .-. / -.-. .- .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- . .. .-. -.. / . .- .-. .-.. .. . .-. .-.-.-" I'm sorry for calling you weird earlier. 

Wheein finally looked at her and gave her the most charming smile that no mortal could resist. Yongsun's uneasiness was suddenly gone as she felt the girl's sincereness on her apology. Both of them stared at each other, not until yongsun noticed the droplets of rain, just outside the window.

".-. ..- -. / .-- .... .. .-.. . / -.-- --- ..- / ... - .. .-.. .-.. / -.-. .- -. .-.-.-" Run while you still can. The droplets of rain behind wheein, told her or so she thought. Am I overthinking? Surely I am right? Yongsun stared at the window outside not until wheein blocked her view.

"Unnie, are you okay? Is there something bothering you?" Wheein asked worriedly as her seatmate is staring past her and outside the window. 

"Wheein- did you saw that?"

"Saw what unnie?"

"The rain- The rain told me something-"

Yongsun saw the other's reaction suddenly shifts as she stared at the older. Both were silent not until wheein laughs getting the attention of hwabyul as they looked at her curiously. She then raised a brow at the latter. 

"Unnie, you do know that there's a storm coming right?"

"Really? I didn't know that." 

"Now you know." 

Wheein gave her a teasing smirk as she leaned back on her seat, closing her eyes. "You should just sleep unnie, there's still a few hours before we arrive at the park anyway." 

Yongsun sighed once more, bringing a hand to her forehead, rubbing it slowly. Maybe I do lack some sleep.  She thought to herself as she tried to calm by making herself comfortable on her seat, closing her eyes as well. 

Hwabyul saw the conversation of the two, and looked at them worriedly and nervously. The pair looked at each other. "Will they be alright?" Both thought to themselves as they shrug, giving a sly grin to each other. 


Hello! Thank you for your kind comments! ^^ I appreciate it. Thank you to those who subscribed also! I'll try to live up to your expectations. ㅋㅋㅋ