Friend

M.O.T.T.E

"-.-. --- -- . / --- -." come on.

The tapping of fingers on the table can be heard inside the classroom over and over again. Moonbyul repeated the phrase over and over again until she could persuade the girl to say yes. 

Meeting new people is not Yongsun's cup of tea, especially not to one of her friends, bestfriend. It has been a week since the two are bugging her to meet Hyejin's bestfriend. It will be fun. That's what they said to her as she recalled. It's not that she hates meeting new people but meeting her friend's bestfriend made her nervous. 

"-.- .. -- / -.-- --- -. --. ... ..- -. .-.-.-" Kim Yongsun.

Moonbyul tried to catch the older girl's attention by tapping a bit louder than the first time, one arm resting on the table, holding up her head and the other tapping impatiently. 

"I already told you, I can't." The latter whispered as she is now annoyed by the other who is constantly giving her signals through Morse code. 

"Why can't you? Can't you give in to this one request from hyejinie?"

"I told you, I need to do some studying for our upcoming finals."

"Oh really- or are you just gonna film something for youtube-"

Yongsun groaned, "I told you I'm just creating videos on youtube because of one of our class."

"Whatever you say, unnie." The other girl smirked, knowing full too well the latter is enjoying creating contents on youtube. 

Yongsun narrowed her eyes as her friend copied her intro in youtube. "solarsido."

"Yah. You better run before I punch you." 

Both girls are ready to launch at each other, yongsun, gripping moonbyul's collar while the latter just gave a smug smirk, not before a short-haired girl came through between them.

"Unnies. Seriously? I was waiting for the both of you outside but you're here ready to have a fist fight-"

"Yongsun said she'll meet her." 

A sigh escaped from yongsun's lips as she lets go of her grip on the girl. "Fine. But promise me both of you will behave for a week." 

As soon as the latter said that, both girls looked radiant, not expecting their oldest friend to agree to their request. It's been their plan for a few months now but the eldest keeps on rejecting them. Why you may ask? Yongsun doesn't know either. She was staring blankly at the end of the classroom not until hwasa tugged on her arm. 

"Unnie, I said we should go. Wheein's waiting for us." Wheein.

Yongsun almost forgot what the girl they were meeting's name was as she tend to forget some things. Good thing Hwasa mentioned it. Both girls dragged her as she was hopeless, knowing full well she can't escape now. As she was lost in her thoughts, she didn't caught the mischievous smile her friends was throwing at her as they walk to the cafe where she will finally meet the mysterious girl. 

Hwasa clinged on yongsun's arm as they approach the entrance to the cafe, moonbyul push the door with an arm, letting both of the girls walk first. "Unnie." hwasa looked at yongsun with a serious look on her face, she bit her lip before glancing around. 

"Don't worry, she's nice." Yongsun huffs, glancing around as well, looking for the girl they've been bugging to meet her for these past few months. It's not like this is a blind-date. Calm down yongsun. You are gonna embarrass yourself. She thought to herself. 

The three was busy looking around that they didn't notice a girl standing behind them. As they are too immersed in looking for hwasa's bestfriend, someone tapped yongsun on the shoulder. She gave the latter a smile as she held out a hand. 

"Hello, I'm Jung Wheein. Nice to meet you. You must be hyejinie's friend unnie? I've heard a lot about you."

As soon as yongsun turned around, she met wheein's eyes and as if it was all planned, teardrops of rain starts to fall down, making her mind absent as she can only stare at the younger girl's hand. She's ethereal. How can she look like that- Yongsun was then cut off her thoughts by a cough. 

"Unnie. This is wheein, unnie, this is our yeba-unnie." Hyejin introduced the latter, laughing at her as she then proceeded to accept wheein's handshake. Yongsun is too pre-occupied at wheein to scold her for calling her yeba. Hyejin was thankful for her friend for saving her this once. 

"Shall we get seated?" 

"Byul-unnie, I missed you." Wheein hugged byul as they sat at a table near the window. Yongsun, still staring at wheein, caught something was off. The rain. It was raining and it was telling her to run. Was she too immersed in Morse code that she can understand what the rain was saying? 

Yongsun shook her head to clear her mind, not wanting to ruin her first impression on the girl as this was her friend's precious bestfriend. 

"Unnie are you okay?" byul nudged her 

"Yeah, I am. Why do you ask?"

"Just wanting to see if you're still alive." 

Yongsun wratfully balled her fist, ready to punch the latter, not until hwasa coughed once again.

"Unnies, please. If you wanna fight please do it later, I'll gladly be the referee."

Yongsun looked away from her friend, pouting her lips a little as she sulks being scolded by the youngest. Unbeknownst to her, the other girl is already staring at her, amused at their little antics. Wheein chuckled as she looked away when she caught the oldest's gaze. 

Wheein looked outside the window with a small grin on her lips as rested her hand on the table, tapping it as if she's following the cafe's music rhythm. 

"- .... .. ... / ..- -. -. .. . / .. ... / .- / -... .. - / .-- . .. .-. -.." this unnie is a bit weird. 

The older girl, raised a brow, clearly amused by the younger's actions. Surely it was a coincidence right?

Hwabyul noticed the two and they threw each other a smirk, excited on how this meeting will progress in the future. Moonbyul then suggested that they should order some food as it was almost lunch.

Yongsun was feeling nervous around the girl and she doesn't know why. The rain. It must be the rain. She thought. As the girl seated beside her suggested to order, she felt relieved. She can finally redeem herself. To be friendly with wheein, she should share some food to the latter. She smiled to herself as she can see the friendship between them that will bloom.

"Ah! That's right I made some jjajang bap earlier. This is for you, wheein-ah." She felt proud as her timing was perfect. Good thing she made some food earlier for the three of them, but instead, she gave all of it to the latter. 

"Oh-uhm-Thank you, yongsun-unnie." The air suddenly became cold as wheein's expression was unreadable. Hwasa was holding her laugh as she tried her best not to ruin this awkward perfect moment. 

As soon as moonbyul noticed the atmosphere became awkward, she stood up to order them some food. 

Wheein was speechless at the older girl. She thought they could be friends but then the latter gave her a jjajang bap on their first meeting. She looked down at the container, containing the jjajang in it, she stared at it for a very long time before looking back outside the window, hiding a smile. 


Hello! How was the first chapter? I hope you liked it! ^^