[Chapter 2]

Ace of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Woah, have you seen the recent SWF episode? Noze is so freakin' hot"

Jian unintentionally overheard a conversation as she reached for two bottles of apple juice.

"I wonder if we can see her today."

Jian grimaced and peeked in the direction where the voice was coming from, wondering whether they looked as stupid as they sound. Since the convenience store was situated just across from SM Entertainment, Jian guessed that they've probably been camping there for a while, hoping to catch a glimpse of Noze. Nothing disgusted Jian more than sasaengs.

"Psh, you know I use to date her?" another voice chimed in, piquing Jian's interest, "but I broke up with her. She was practically begging me on her knees to not leave her."

Jian could tell from the man's voice that he took pride in such an embarassing thing. Shaking her head, Jian headed towards the front and placed the two drinks on the counter. Just as she rummaged through her pockets for money, two men emerged from an aisle and shoved the apple juices to the side, replacing them with packets of chips and soju bottles. Jian looked at the men in disbelief as they shot back a cocky side eye, the corners of their mouths curving up in an annoying smirk. 

"How much?" one of them asked, "I don't have all day you know?"

"U-Uh, this lady was here first sir," the employee mumbled nervously.

"What did you say, huh?" a man who had a sleeve tattoo leaned towards and raised his eyebrow in a threatening manner. Jian recognised him to be Noze's ex-boyfriend that she saw last year at the arcade, "you talk to much for someone who works in this ty store."

Jian pulled a 50,000 won note from her pocket and handed it to the cashier with a thankful smile.

"Here, this is for both," the employee nodded his head. As he handed back the change, Jian's observant personality couldn't help but notice his hands trembling slightly in fear. "and you, don't you dare speak Jihye's name so casually."

A vein buldged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter