[Chapter 1]

Ace of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello? Yah, Jian-ah

I snapped out of my daydream and turned to the source of the voice. It was the head director of SM Entertainment. The corners of my mouth curled up in an apologetic smile as I see his eyebrows furrow together and a deep sigh escaped his lips.

"I've repeated this like five times now," he chuckled but I knew he wasn't amused, "I said, can you make sure you finish Key's Bad Love demo by this Friday?"

I pursed my lips together and thought deeply about my schedules. 

"I'm sorry, is there any way to push it back to next Monday?" I negotiated hestiantly, "I have another demo due on Friday and I already arranged a meeting with the director of JYP Entertainment for the entire day. Plus, I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep and I would really appreciate if I had some more time so I can ensure my work is at a high standard"

"No, you cannot," the director hissed with an unpleasant scowl on his face, "SM Entertainment is not responsible for your poor time-managing skills and lack of communication." 

I frowned, feeling that his comment was unfair given that they had pushed the deadline closer, even though I had told them about my other work a month prior. I shut my eyes, buried my head into my hands and massaged my temples in an attempt to ease the throbbing migraine I had. 

"Fine," I grumbled, "If I get it done by today, I won't need to attend the meeting tomorrow, right?"

"Yes, that's correct"

I rolled my eyes and stood up, gathering the scattered pieces of paper from the table and headed out towards the recording studio. I honestly wished that I could record it in one take and then hand it in. But sadly, I can't let my personal issues interfere with my business affairs, especially at the expense of Kibum oppa who is working so hard for his new Album. So I just need to it up and do my best. 

---

After hours of singing the same lines over and over again, I had finally finished the demo and sent in. It felt like a massive amount of weight had been lifted off my shoulders, and I can suddenly stand tall and walk with ease now. I bid goodbye to the others and packed up my notebook, exiting the cramped recording studio. As I shoved my stuff into my bag, I heard rapid footsteps approaching behind me. I flinched and turned back quickly, expecting a large collision to occur. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that," an embarassed expression washed over her face. 

I recognised her. She's a rising back up dancer that participated on Street Woman Fighter and is working with Kibum oppa's for his new title track. Noze, I'm pretty sure.

"A-Ah, it's alright..just a little bit surprised, that's all," I lightly chuckled and grinned sheepishly at her, "but can I help you with anything?"

"Y-Yes, I mean no, I mean...kind of," Noze stuttered, her cheeks blushing a pretty pink colour, "I want to give you these chocolates."

She held a baby blue box with a cute black ribbon on the top. I carefully took it from her extended hands and my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Oh, thank you so much," I flashed a grateful smile.

"I don't know if you still remember this, but a year ago we meet at the arcade on that rainy Valentines' Day," Noze's eyes widen in anticipation, hoping that I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter