CHAPTER 5

The Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The person stared at their reflection in the bathroom's mirror in despair as they thought about what to do.

Why is she back? How is she back? How did she even survive what had happened? How are they supposed to get rid of her? Especially now that Jiyong would've seriously tripled his security?

They groaned as these questions circled their head.

The individual is in some seriously deep now, she survived, which was not supposed to happen. They were supposed to just get what was needed and go, quickly and quietly. But she just had to ruin everything, didn't she?

'I need to hurry and leave whilst I can.' They thought.

'If I play it smart, I can get away safely but also get what I want. No, what I need.'

The person looked back to the mirror in determination, they won't let her ruin their plans.

***

"Jisoo?" The aforementioned girl flinched violently when she was broken out of her trance, being so immersed in her book that she payed no attention to the world around her.

She gasped when she was face to face with the man from the photo, her supposed fiancée, who looked just as shocked as her.

The two continued to eye each other, not knowing what to say.

"I heard that you were back yesterday..." Minho cleared his throat before finally breaking the silence, still not believing his eyes.

Jisoo nodded, not really knowing how to respond. There was one question that was on her mind though, she wanted to know before anything else was said.

"Did dad tell you?" She trailed off, finding it hard to speak with such a handsome person in front of her.

"That you lost your memory? Yes, he did." Minho replied, the two going into an awkward silence once more.

Minho didn't know how to act around her anymore, she doesn't remember who he is, so he doesn't want to overstep his boundaries and make her uncomfortable. He can't expect a lot from her, it wouldn't be fair to her. She doesn't even know his name. He can't expect her to want the same relationship that they used to have.

Jisoo was regretting her decision of coming here, if she hadn't left her room, she would have been introduced to him later, with someone like Jennie to accompany her so that she wouldn't feel so anxious.

But here she was, in complete silence, with the two not even able to look at each other properly. Jisoo can't understand what the hell is happening, the brunette is a confident girl, she's not one to easily crumble or stutter or be swayed by a handsome face. Even in situations where she wants to be swallowed by the ground, she never allows herself to look weak. But now look at her!

Minho, unable to take the silence any longer cautiously sat down next to Jisoo on the couch, planning to start a conversation. He knows he needs to make her feel more comfortable here, she doesn't remember anyone, and must feel so lost and overwhelmed.

"I'm Song Minho, I don't know whether you were told. I'm sorry about not seeing you yesterday by the way, I would have come, but I came home injured." Minho introduced himself bashfully, feeling guilty that he wasn't able to see her.

"It's alright, I don't think it would have really helped anyway." Jisoo replied emotionlessly.

"Overwhelmed?" Minho gave her a sad smile.

Jisoo just shrugged.

"I want to make it up to you." He remarked, a warm smile on his face.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked sceptically.

"Let me take you shopping sometime this week." He suggested.

"Shopping? I thought men hate going shopping." Jisoo raised her eyebrows.

"You used to go with Jennie all the time, I don't know if what you liked about it was spending money or being away from the mansion but you loved it. And as long as you want to go, I'll take you." He chuckled, making Jisoo smile a little.

Minho was cheering happily on the inside for being able to make the girl finally smile, he took it as a small victory, as there used to be only one person who could get her to truly smile.

It's not like she never smiled, but they were never out of pure joy. Her smiles were either fake, drunk or restrained. She obviously enjoyed being around her friends, but the smiles they got from her were from teasing or when she felt amused. But the smiles Bobby put on her face were one of a kind, the type no one else could get out of her. No one understood how Bobby did it, but he was someone that made Jisoo feel truly happy. Minho knew he would never be able to make her smile like that, but the smile he just got from her was not fake. And he felt happy just because of that. He was determined to do right by her, and make her feel as happy as he can.

But for him, Jisoo was always a difficult person to understand. You could never tell how she feels or what opinion she has on things. She's not really a person that opens up to others. Minho doesn't think that even her friends truly understand her in that sense, she doesn't tell her secrets to anyone no matter what. Jisoo is a private person who finds it difficult to trust others. It's not like Minho and everyone else don't know her, they do. Minho finds Jisoo very fun to be around, she is funny, witty and sarcastic, which is what he loves the most about her.

For example, she loves getting drunk with her friends, they bring out the extrovert in her. Don't get him wrong, she is still a fun person when sober, but drinking always made her do the wildest things. Jisoo loves to party, it's no secret.

It's not her personality she hides, it's her emotions.

"I don't see why not, though I'm not sure where to get money from around here." Jisoo responded in amusement.

"You have a card, Jiyong probably has it. We haven't been putting money on it since you disappeared so it's probably empty right now. But we will do it soon, don't worry about it." Minho assured the girl beside him.

"I'm guessing I don't work for that money do I?" Jisoo chuckled, still not being able to comprehend that she's rich now.

"A lot of the women here don't, they are either married to someone who does or they choose to work here. There's a girl called Lisa, she's only 16 at the moment and she's began training. She has no brothers in her family, so her choice was to eventually marry someone here or to actually work for the mafia. And she wanted to work. The thing is if there is no one to provide money for you, then you either have to marry someone who does or make money yourself." Minho explained, intriguing Jisoo in the topic.

She nodded in understanding.

"I guess it's easier for the higher ranking mafia members, like if that was me, my dad would just keep providing me money wouldn't he?" She asked.

"Yeah it is, we make more money which is why we can provide for others much more easily. For example, Hanbin used to get paid by Jiyong until he turned eighteen. That's when he started to earn money for himself. Dara gets money off of Jiyong since she does not work, and so do you. And you both aren't expected to do anything if you don't want to so your dad will always be providing for you." Minho answered.

"Yahh, that's so old fashioned!" Jisoo whined.

"It's just how it works, it's very traditional but at least women generally don't have to do anything if they don't want to." Minho shrugged.

"But what if I want to?" Jisoo suggested with a smirk.

"Your dad would never let you." Minho chuckled.

"Gosh he's so annoying." Jisoo scoffed, causing Minho to laugh.

"You know... I've missed you." Minho confessed reluctantly.

Jisoo looked at him dumbfounded, not knowing how to reply. He seemed so sad that she just couldn't get herself to say anything, because she knew that no matter what she'd say, it wouldn't make him feel any better.

"I'm glad you're back, I hope we get to speak more later." Minho stood up from the couch, getting ready to leave.

"And Jisoo?" Minho walked closer, towering over her whilst she was still sat on the couch.

"Hm?" Jisoo looked at him nervously, eyes shaking but at the same time not being able to leave his.

"You don't have to worry about the whole us being engaged thing, I understand. Alright?" He assured the girl with a smirk, before proceeding to leave the library, leaving Jisoo sat there with her jaw dropped.

***

As Jisoo wandered around her room, she still couldn't get the interaction from this morning out of her head. Whenever she remembered how he smirked at her, and mentioned the two being engaged, she kept blushing hideously. No matter how much she distracted herself she couldn't stop thinking about what has happened.

The girl continued pacing until one thing in particular had caught her eye. One of her drawers had a lock on it, and just to check, she tried pulling it open, and it did not budge. The girl looked around in confusion, why would she lock one of her drawers?

'The key must be here somewhere...' Thought Jisoo.

However, after looking for twenty minutes, she ultimately gave up on the search, but continued to stare at the drawer in suspicion.

What was so secret that she had added a lock to it?

A knock on the door broke her out of her thoughts.

Jennie suddenly came into the room, closing the door behind her. Jisoo gave her a small smile, feeling sorry that she had made the girl cry.

"Hey Jisoo unnie..." Jennie waved cutely.

"Hi Jen, what's up?" Jisoo gestured for the two to sit on her bed.

"Have you met your fiancée yet?" She asked curiously.

"I met him this morning, I can't believe you didn't tell me! I had to find it out myself!" Jisoo exclaimed in embarrassment.

Jennie burst out laughing.

"Sorry Sooya!"

"You don't look very sorry." Jisoo scoffed.

"You're right, I don't hehe. So, what do you think of him?" Jennie asked, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

Jisoo narrowed her eyes at the girl.

"And why do you want to know?" She inquired.

"Just." Jennie replied shortly.

"He's nice, and good looking too. But I don't know, he just doesn't seem like someone I'd get together with." Jisoo replied honestly.

Her best friend nodded in understanding.

"How did we even get together?"

"I don't know, why don't you ask him the next time you see him?" Jennie giggled.

"Oh shut up mandu."

"Mandu!? I was hoping you'd never remember that nickname!" The brunette whined in despair.

Jisoo put her hands in front of in shock.

"Omo! Did I come with it in the past!?"

"You did, I was 10 and you were 11! I can't believe you said that without even knowing you came up with it." Jennie crossed her arms, looking at Jisoo in astonishment.

"I knew it, I must be a genius." The older girl joked.

"Wahh, you're still the same unnie. So shameless." Jennie tuts in mock disappointment.

Before she could respond, the two heard a knock on the door.

Jisoo couldn't help but sigh in disappointment, she did not want to be bothered today,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter