CHAPTER 3

The Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the emotional (and awkward, at least for Jisoo, it was) encounter, Jiyong and Dara started showing her around the Kwon Mansion and re introducing her to everyone, she received a warm welcome from most. When Dara had found out that her Jisoo doesn't remember her own mother, the water works nearly began again, but Jiyong tried his best to reassure Dara that she'll start to remember everything if they help her as best as they can.

Dara had obviously tried to calm down, but the thought that Jisoo doesn't remember anything about the last 19 years of her life saddened her. Still, she's trying to listen to Jiyong as they do need to help her. Right now their daughter needs them more than anything, what Jisoo doesn't need is an emotional breakdown from a person she barely knows, no matter how much that statement hurt to admit. And so, Dara is forced to try her best to remain calm, as she knows that Jiyong will talk to her later anyways. He was always good with words, and always knew how to make her feel better. She can be as emotional as she wants when it's just the two of them.

Jisoo, in all honesty, was feeling a little overwhelmed. Everything is a lot to take in.

She went from having no one to this. When she heard that all these people live here, (since they are a mafia) she was shocked to say the least. Though it did explain why her dad doesn't really look like your stereotypical parent. When she saw his tattoos and piercings, and just his overall vibe in general, she already knew that something was off about him. She didn't believe his angelic smile that he was putting on. Or maybe it's because Jisoo just doesn't trust people in general. She can't really tell. She didn't expect for it be that he's a mafia boss though, what it does explain is why Jiyong and her turned out to be so rebellious.

Even though she feels overwhelmed and anxious at the moment, Jisoo can't help but also feel relieved to finally be able to get the answers she's been craving for so long. She doesn't know how long she could've taken being left in the dark.

The couple took her into yet another room, it looked like a game room as it had a few pool tables placed around, as well as ping pong tables, a big fridge and cabinets full of snacks and a massive flat screen TV.

Jisoo, yet again, couldn't fathom the idea that she used to live in so much luxury.

"This is the common room, you hung out with your friends here quite often to play pool. It was basically your favourite room in the house, if we exclude your bedroom that is. You love to sleep." Jiyong pinched Jisoo's cheek, making her grimace.

Dara slapped his arm playfully whilst Jiyong let out a mischievous chuckle, before gesturing behind her.

"Speaking of your friends, they are right behind you." Jiyong announced, making Jisoo turn around to see a girl and boy who seemed to be her age, they were playing a game on the wii console, fully concentrating on the TV, hence why they didn't notice the trio's presence.

"Jennie." Dara called out to the girl, causing her to turn around.

Jennie was just about to win against Seunghoon, but upon her name being called out, she lost concentration and turned around, noticing it was Dara. Jennie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, as Dara is usually never in this area of the mansion. But upon closer inspection she notices the two people behind her. She widened her eyes as though she was seeing a ghost, completely forgetting about the game and her feelings of annoyance. Slowly, she stood up, her eyes still wide with disbelief.

"Jisoo?" She mumbled, not taking her eyes off of the girl.

Jisoo gave the girl an awkward smile, not having a clue as to what's about to happen.

She suddenly gets engulfed into yet another emotionally painful hug, and wonders if she'll be able to be patient enough to survive the rest of the day and it's unexpected touches of affection. But surprisingly, the very next second, Jennie let go of Jisoo and slapped her arm instead, with a look of anger on her face.

"You ! How could you have run away without me!? You promised if we were to ever do that we'd run off together!" Jennie accused her in rage.

"You what?" The parents chorused in confusion.

"Really? You two planned that? You'd never survive alone you losers." The guy behind them scoffed, finally paying attention to what's going on.

"Anyways, good to have you back Ji, where have you been anyway? We thought you died." He stated, looking all serious this time.

"Ya, what are you talking about? She's not dumb enough to be murdered." Jennie retorted.

Jiyong coughed obnoxiously to get the bickering duo's attention, giving them an irritated expression.

"These are your ever so wise best friends, Jennie and Seunghoon. You've known them since you were little and were practically attached to the hip. Anyways, I need to talk to you both, babe why don't you continue showing her around?" Jiyong turned to the two in all seriousness, whilst they stared in confusion and shock.

Dara, sensing how tense her husband seems, takes Jisoo's arm gently, about to lead her out of the room, but before she could Jennie yells out a loud "Wait!" before continuing.

"You can't take her away, she's missed out on so much! Did you tell her about Bobby yet? And oh my gosh does Minho know she's back? And-" Jiyong put his hand over Jennie's mouth, effectively shutting her up, the last thing Jisoo hearing was an irritated "I forgot how annoying you are" from her father.

That whole interaction made Jisoo narrow her eyes.

Now, she knows she isn't as bright as Einstein, but she's quite perceptive and can read people well. She doesn't know what he's trying to hide from her and why, but she has a good hunch that it's pretty ing important.

'Something's not right around here... I can feel it...'

She can't help but let her mind drift off to the two names that escaped Jennie's mouth, who are Bobby and Minho? Were they close to her too? Jisoo never would have thought she'd have many close friends though, she just thought she's not that type of person seeing as she could barely make any friends before Jiyong had found her, but judging by her supposed extroverted 'best friends' she has a feeling she may have been friends with many. Or maybe at least talked or surrounded herself by many?

Jisoo can't really tell, but if her best friends are extroverted then she's guessing she must be too, after all, your friends can say a lot about who you are as a person. At least, that's what Jisoo believes.

"Umm, I think your dad is just trying to explain the situation to them, you know? He's really over protective of you, he probably just doesn't want anyone to upset you or overwhelm you." Dara broke the silence, speaking with uncertainty, whilst Jisoo's arm to comfort her.

'A little late for that, I feel extremely overwhelmed at the moment' thought Jisoo.

She nodded as a response.

"Since we've introduced you to quite a lot of people, nearly everyone who lives here to be honest, why don't you go rest in your room. I bet you must be exhausted after today." Dara stated just as they've arrived in front of a brown oak door.

Seeing as her mother left no room for debate, Jisoo nodded and entered her room. As soon as she closed the door she heard the footsteps receding from her, getting quieter and quieter until the sound was completely gone. Jisoo sighed heavily before looking around the heavily decorated room, it was very luxurious: the main colours of the room being white and gold, but it's not exactly Jisoo's cup of tea. She doubts she's in here often anyway. Jisoo intends on looking around though, to see if there are any personal items anywhere that can tell her more about herself.

On her vanity table she spotted a framed picture and immediately reached over to grab it. It was a picture of Jisoo wearing a black blazer dress sat on the hood of a black dodge charger; she recognised it as the one in the fast and furious films which Dom drives around (oh how she loves those films), with a massive red ribbon on it. Jisoo could only assume that it was a present, maybe for her birthday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter