Butterfly Hugs

Butterfly Hugs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo's problems are piling up--literally. The amount of unpaid bills stuck on his fridge, which has been unplugged for quite some time already and merely function as a makeshift bulletin board now, has covered the whole expanse of its door.

 

His boyfriend--or ex, rather--has just stepped out the door and broke up with him because apparently he was tired. Kyungsoo scoffed at the guy's rationale. He should be the tired one; he's been working nonstop afterall ever since his younger brother was diagnosed with leukemia last year.

 

He and his brother had been orphaned ever since Kyungsoo turned twenty and his brother eighteen that's why they were able to evade social services. However, none of their relatives were willing to take them in so they're stuck with having to make do with what they have. For Kyungsoo, it is music--singing, to be exact. For his brother it is dancing. Until the latter fell ill and Kyungsoo was forced to take up multiple jobs and quit university.

 

He sighed as he wiped the table that one of their regular customers just vacated. It's almost the closing hour of the coffee shop he's working in and he's exhausted given that it had been a busy day. Thankfully, the last hour had been less stressful since already only a few people were dropping by.

 

"Kyungsoo, you can leave," his manager told him thirty minutes before closing time. "I'll be the one to close the shop so you can look after your brother."

 

"Thank you, Minseok hyung." Kyungsoo said, a tired smile on his lips. "I really owe you big time."

 

"You're a good kid so you deserve some break from being so stressed," Minseok merely replied.

 

I do wish for better days, Kyungsoo thought.

 

*****

 

"Sehun?" Kyungsoo called outside his brother's room.

 

No response, so he opened it. But no one welcomed him. He immediately looked at the other rooms in their house but there was no trace of his brother. His heart started beating so fast, worry flooding through his system.

 

"Sehun!" Kyungsoo screamed, going out of their house.

 

"Hyung, I’m here!" came a reply from the other side of the fence. Apparently, his brother is in their neighbor's garden with someone. "Hyung! I didn't know you're here already. I'm sorry if I made you worry. Wait. I'm coming home."

 

As soon as Sehun got inside their gate, he embraced him right away. "Sehunnie, please don't do that again."

 

"I'm sorry, it's my fault," someone standing by their gate said. "I invited him over when he said he wanted to see me dance."

 

"Oh right, hyung, that's Jongin," Sehun introduced. "He's the Kims' son. And turned out, he's a dance major. He was showing me some dance steps he'll perform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter