To the girl I loved before, Elkie Chong

The Safe Haven Series: To All the Girls I've Loved Before (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First of all, I'm so sorry for not updating last week. Work got a little hectic and we were requested to work over the weekend. I have the sweetest boss and colleagues though - so, don't worry, I was more than happy to work! It did take me a second to reset but I'm back now! I hope you're liking the story so far! Let me know your thoughts in the comments :) Also, please do read the Foreword if you haven't already. It would mean so much to me! <3

The following two days, things returned to normal between the three best friends. Tzuyu had to endure an overly clingy Dahyun for a whole day as the older insisted on spending time with her. Dahyun (and Chaeyoung, though she was more of a third wheel) spent every waking second with Tzuyu outside of classes. Dahyun even insisted on cooking all of all Tzuyu's favourite Korean dishes for dinner.

Even though Dahyun’s clinginess disrupted the letter-sending schedule, Tzuyu wouldn't lie and say it wasn't great to have Dahyun's attention all to herself. Plus, watching Chaeyoung rolling her eyes more times than she could count was an amusing bonus). Nevertheless, she was thankful to wake up to her normal Dahyun unnie that morning.

After their morning classes, Tzuyu bid the two farewell, saying she was going to the archery practice ground.

Dahyun tilted her head aside. It was approaching Thursday mid-day, and though Tzuyu had some free hours between her morning and evening classes, she doesn't usually practice on Thursdays.

"You have practice? But you don't usually have practice on Thursdays, do you?" Dahyun asked, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrow.

Tzuyu hummed, "Mm, no, I don't. But I wanted to see Elkie jie for something."

On campus, Chong Ting Yan, or better known as Elkie Chong, was a Hong Kong native on a sports scholarship for archery and athletics.

Dahyun introduced Tzuyu to Elkie during Tzuyu's first year. Dahyun was such a warm and welcoming person by default, and it made her approachable to Elkie. Elkie and Dahyun were close as the Hong Kong native would often sit next to the bubbly tofu in their shared classes. Safe to say, Dahyun was one of Elkie's lifelines when she first came to the country before standing on her own two feet and finding her friendship circle.

When Tzuyu and Elkie met each other, it was as if sparks flew around them. Dahyun and Chaeyoung never saw Tzuyu so comfortable conversing as when she spoke to Elkie in their native tongues. Tzuyu and Elkie became closer after Tzuyu landed a place on the university's archery team as well. Though the two had their respective friendship circles, they were inseparable. Their little duo selves expanded into a little group of Mandarin-speaking lovelies when Shuhua, Jieqiong (Kyulkyung) and Handong entered the scene.

"What, to deliver another rose?" Chaeyoung said mockingly.

Tzuyu's eyes widened slightly at the teasing and shoved Chaeyoung lightly, "Shh! Shut up, Chae!"

Dahyun's eyes went wide, surprised at the revelation.

"Elkie too?" Dahyun asked, looking at Tzuyu, who was turning a little red, "Your taste is on point!"

Dahyun chuckled at the compliment she gave before flipping her hair with a proud smirk, "I mean ~ Isn't it obvious?"

Seeing Dahyun was clearly referring to herself, Chaeyoung let out a snort.

"Yah! What was that?" Dahyun glared as she lightly slapped Chaeyoung's arm, "Remind me who you're dating again."

At Dahyun's challenging tone, Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes and nodded, "Touché."

"Ah, jinjja ~" Dahyun dramatically sighed and hugged Tzuyu's arm, "Why oh why didn't you just court me back then, Tzu? Could have saved me from this one!"

Chaeyoung snorted again and smirked, "Please, she'd realised how she couldn't handle you and drop you like a hot potato."

Chaeyoung wrapped an arm around Dahyun's shoulders and pulled her away from Tzuyu.

"Face it, jagi, I'm your one and only." The cub grinned.

"Hmph!" Dahyun let out while rolling her eyes.

Seconds later, Dahyun let out a surprised yelp when Chaeyoung started poking her side's, tickling her.

"Chae, stop! Arasso arasso!!" Dahyun called out, breaking into fits of giggles. "You win. You're my one and only."

Chaeyoung grinned proudly, sticking her cheek out to Dahyun, who feigned annoyance before landing a kiss onto the waiting cheek.

Tzuyu, who had watched the whole interaction, scrunched her nose - internally cringing at her two best friends. Having been roommates with the two of them for years now, Tzuyu was immune to their PDA, but she couldn't help but feel secondhand embarrassment when they were out in public.

"Alright, you both in your cutesy quarrel is a signal for me to make myself disappear." Tzuyu teased the couple, "See you both at lunch!"

"Bye, baby TzuTzu!" Dahyun yelled out after the beauty who was walking away.

"Eww, stop embarrassing her."

"Yah! Son Chaeyoung!"

+ + + + +

Meanwhile, on the field, Elkie was in her perfect archery stance with her bow up, holding the arrow securely before releasing it with such grace.

10!

Elkie smirked proudly at the score and adjusted her stance again. She took another arrow and set it up, bow up and used as an anchor line, she heard footsteps approaching. She glanced with her eyes, not moving her body even an inch and saw a glimpse of Tzuyu approaching.

"Oh hey, you're here today? That's new." Elkie greeted.

Tzuyu's presence didn't faze the archery ace as she refocused her eyes and released the arrow once again.

10!

Elkie reached for another arrow from her holster with another pleased smile, glancing at Tzuyu when she did. The younger had sat on a bench next to Elkie's gear a few feet behind where Elkie was.

"Where's your gear?" Elkie asked when she registered Tzuyu had shown up with casual clothes and with her book bag on her lap - not looking practice-ready at all.

Still, it didn't bother Elkie, and the ace retook her stance.

"I'm not here to practice. I wanted to see you." Tzuyu stated softly.

"Learning from the pro, huh?" Elkie smirked before releasing the arrow.

10!

Pleased with her straight 10s, Elkie turned around and furrowed her eyebrows upon seeing the younger archer staring up at her.

"Why?" Elkie asked, concern lacing her tone as she put down her bow and adjusted her chest guard before looking back to Tzuyu, "Is something wrong?"

"I have something for you," Tzuyu said simply.

Elkie nodded and waited for the younger one to continue, but it seemed like Tzuyu wasn't moving any time soon.

"Uhh, well, what is it?" Elkie chuckled, wondering why Tzuyu was slightly ... 'un-Tzuyu' today.

There was silence for a while before Tzuyu sighed and got up. Elkie found it a bit amusing, and it was as if something had forced Tzuyu to come to her.

She watched Tzuyu approach her carefully before stopping in front of her. The smile dropped when Tzuyu reached into her bag and pulled out two items carefully. It was a rose and a pink envelope.

Elkie and Dahyun were close enough for Elkie to have heard the Korean gush over the fact that Tzuyu had sent her a love letter. Dahyun was even more than happy to let Elkie in on what the younger had planned. Though similar to Chaeyoung, Elkie wasn't fond of the idea at first but decided that Tzuyu could do as she, please. Tzuyu was a big girl, and she could handle herself.

"Wait - don't tell me..." Elkie's eyes went wide in shock and surprise, "Really?!"

Tzuyu wanted the ground to swallow her. Elkie was definitely going to .

The Taiwanese quickly put the items behind her back and whined, "Stop smirking!"

"I'm not!" Elkie defended, trying to suppress the grin that was making its way onto her beautiful face.

"Yes, you are!" Tzuyu whined again, "Stop!!"

Elkie broke out into fits of laughter; it was fun for her. Tzuyu had looked so flustered and almost regretful that she couldn't hold herself back.

"Never thought this day would ever come." Elkie teased, wiping a none existent tear from her eyes, before stepping forward and trying to reach for Tzuyu, "Give it here!"

Upon reflex, Tzuyu backed away and pouted. "Nooo! I changed my mind."

Elkie gave an unamused look before she smirked again, "Tsk, give it here, Tzuyu."

"No!"

"Why? Is little TzuTzu shy?" Elkie teased as she started poking Tzuyu's shoulder - trying to get a reaction out of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter