To the girl I loved before, Kim Dahyun

The Safe Haven Series: To All the Girls I've Loved Before (SaTzu)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello! Happy Friday everyone ~ Hope you're all well. Please do read the Foreword if you haven't (will be saying this on every chapter hehe). Also, thank you so much for subscribing, commenting and even upvoting! It made the week much more bareable <3

When Tzuyu went off to archery practice and Chaeyoung was occupied by something, Dahyun sat in her room, on her bed, eyeing the items she left on it.

The pink, thick-stemmed rose was beautiful. Chaeyoung had always given her flowers for many occasions and just because she wanted to and Dahyun always appreciated it, and she loved flowers.

She loved it when Chaeyoung was the giver, when Nayeon and Jeongyeon shoved a bouquet in her face after her piano performance the last term and when she and Mina got complimentary flowers from a kind vendor in town one time.

She loved flowers, no matter the occasion. But never in a million years did she expect to receive one from Tzuyu accompanied by a love letter.

Dahyun took a deep breath in and out before she reached for the pink envelope. Taking out its content and unfolding the paper, Dahyun felt her insides flutter just at the first word of the handwritten sentiment.

---------xxx---------

Dear Dahyunnie,

It's 2 am and I'm sitting in my room with Kaya and Butter. I just had a thought - what if the things we left unsaid were the things that meant the most to hear?

Do you know how you always say I'm careful with my words? Well, because of that, there have been things I left unsaid.

Do you remember when I first transferred and I was that awkward kid in class? A lot of people thought I was weird and intimidating. No one wanted to talk to me back then but not you. You approached me first.

You took me completely off-guard with your first words. Do you remember them? They were; wo ai ni. Do you remember how flustered I was? I'm not sure if I came across as rude then. I'm sorry if I did.

Honestly, at that moment, I thought it was funny and a little weird that you said it, but now, I feel it's really lovely.

Don't you think that's nice? I find it quite romantic that the first thing you said to me was a declaration of love. Though I know you didn't mean it that way, it was nice that you were trying hard to make me feel welcomed.

From then, you never failed to be warm and welcoming to me. You were always doing your best to take care of me and to guide me well.

And, honestly, I might have fallen for your charms at one point, though it was more than a crush, really. I was very much taken with you, but I knew your heart was longing for another - plus, Chaeyoung called dibs, so I couldn't possibly even think about it. There's no doubt in my mind that I would have succeeded back then but I'm glad I held back. I like the "us" we are now.

Unnie, I loved and love you. Your eyes remind me of the beautiful night sky and I found a home by your side. Through the changing seasons, my heart too changed. While I realised that the love I had for you changed, it didn't fade. Instead, it blossomed into something more meaningful to me, something even more beautiful for me. Something that means more than the world to me - as you do.

Do you know? Of all wishes I made, one of the biggest is to be given a chance to stay by your side for a much longer time... Forever, if I'm really lucky. That's how much you mean to me, unnie.

So Dahyunnie, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you for being the lovely you.

Jin Duoxian, wo ye ai ni.

Love,
Tzuyu

---------xxx---------

Dahyun didn't even realise she teared up when she read Tzuyu's letter, and she only di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter