Chapter 2

In The Rain (SuaYeon) version ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bora unni~.”

        “Neh?” Bora replied meekly, raising her gaze from her novel to wherever the voice had called her from; the kitchen.

        “Would you go to the grocery please?” Gahyeon asked, cupboards closing with a resounding smack and opening with a squeak as she went through what little food was there.

        “For what?”

        “Gee, Bora unni. Gahyeonah asks you to go to a grocery store; it’s a MYSTERY what she could possibly want.” Yoohyeon replied smartly from the couch, not even turning to see what annoyed expression Bora would have on her face.

         Bora merely rolled her eyes, “What exactly do you want me to get Gahyeon?”
         “Hmmm, well the bananas, apples and pears are out, the milk is spoiled, the bread looks like moss, the cereal box is….well, just a box, we have no ramen and the rice is 95% finished. Oh and some candy while you’re at it.” Gahyeon’s voice called out cutely towards her last statement.

          Bora chuckled, setting down her book and rising out of the chair, turning to glance out of the window behind her.

          Outside of their high rise apartment building gray clouds were whirling into a mix above the city, setting in a slight gloom for the later afternoon. A brisk wind shifted through the atmosphere every now and again, letting whoever outside feel a pleasantly cool chill. A sweater wouldn’t be too much right?

         “You’re lucky I love you or else you would all be starved right now.” Bora said, pulling out a pink sweater from the coat closet, and picking up her keys off of the coffee table. Sliding the sweater over her body and slipping her feet into a pair of sneakers, she prepared to leave until Gahyeon’s voice drew her back in.

          “Oh and go to the grocery down the street. They’re having sales!”

           Offering a grunt of agreement Bora’s exited the warm apartment, and into the semi-chilly hallway, glad that she was already clad in sweatpants. She trotted towards the elevator and waited until it passed the 8 floors until the ground level, and exited the elevator and the door to the apartment complex, making her way to the closest grocery.

-                                                     -                                                                      -

         20 minutes later, Bora was in warm grocery store, exiting the 7th aisle that housed cereal and moving towards the fruit aisle, whistling a light tune that she had heard on the radio earlier on. She pushed the cart towards the apple stand and let it rest there; weighing two Red Deliciouses in either one of her palms, wondering which one would taste better.

          Once she decided that the apple in her right hand had better form, she placed the one in her left on top of the pyramid of apples.

             Only to have the entire display crash about her feet, red apples rolling in every direction, knocking a 3 year old boy’s ankles. Frantically Bora got on her knees, picking up as many apples as she could with her arms and dumping them over the now-ruined pyramid. When she bent back down and picked up another apple, a warm and slightly calloused hand rested on top of hers. When she trailed her eyes from the person’s hand, to their arm, to their face, she was met with the same auburn haired beauty that she had seen not too many days ago.

            Siyeon, that was her name right?, Bora thought, as they both simultaneously rose out of their bending position and stood, both hands still resting lightly over the apple. Bora blushed as she realized the position they were in, although despite being awkward, it felt comfortable. And as usual, before she could speak Siyeon beat her to it.

           “Need help?” She asked, a seemingly teasing smile that exploited her gleaming teeth and impeccably gorgeous smile.

           Bora pouted, glancing around them to notice that there were indeed multiple red apples scattered around the vicinity. Avoiding the question, she in turn asked, ”Are you stalking me ma’am?”

            Siyeon chuckled, taking the apple from Bora’s palm and placing it back into the pyramid. “Of course not. It’s just that your thinking face was so….cute.”

            “T-Thank you.”

            “Not a problem. But I’ll think you’ll need a new apple.” Siyeon noted, the one that was in Bora’s hand falling from it in the process, and was now dented and oozing apple juices.

            “No, of course not. I would definitely have bought that one.” Bora smiled, suddenly growing bitter at the fact that Yoohyeon’s sarcasm seemed to be rubbing off and on her. Siyeon looked at Bora for a moment, before breaking out into another wide and dazzling smile.

            “You really are adorable.”
            “I’m 27.”

            “I’m 26, and you’re still adorable.” Siyeon said, leaving Bora blushing slightly once more before she grabbed a random group of apples and stuffed them into the grocery’s plastic bag. She placed them into the cart and went for the handlebar, unaware that Siyeon had taken her place right beside her. Bora plucked up another apple, and when she turned she could see Siyeon standing next to her, smiling as adorably as it seemed she always did.

             “You don’t mind if I tag along do you?” Siyeon asked.

  “Um, n-no, not at all.” Bora said without much thought, surprised when Siyeon rested both of her hands on top of Bora’s that were on the handlebars as well, giving her a smile and continued pushing the cart.”Is that all you’re getting?”
              “Yes. My roommates are fatties.” Bora grumbled as they both pushed the cart towards the checkout counter.

             “How subtle of you.” Siyeon chuckled, as they both found a cashier and parked the cart behind the other sole occupant of the line.

             “Can I ask you something?”

              “You just did.”

              A glare from Bora, that was more cute than threatening, caused Siyeon to laugh again.” Yes, you can ask me a question.”

               “Why are you being so…friendly? Even though we just met once.”

                “I’m not usually this friendly. My cousin describes me as a dragon on its period.”

                At this Bora burst out laughing, her eyes curving up into crescents that twin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter