Chapter 1

In The Rain (SuaYeon) version ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora leaned against the wet bus stop pole, rain colliding with her skin and hair at every counting moment. The sidewalks were drenched with puddles of rainwater, and the city grew hazier with every growing moment. She pulled her sweatshirt closer around her, cursing herself for not choosing a bus stop with a cover. As she leaned against the pole, and as countless cars drove by in the rainy wake, puddles sloshing at their tires, she felt a vibration near her arm. She reached into her jacket and, making sure to shield it from the rain, read the text message.

                ‘Unnie, where are you? Yoohyeon unnie and I are starving ):Get a girlfriend to drive you places !’- Gahyeon

                 Bora rolled her eyes; she sometimes wondered if her friends would ever be able to function properly without her if she didn’t take care of them like a mother. She placed the phone back in her pocket and gazed out towards the seemingly flooded city of Incheon. The park parallel to her position reeked of wet grass and the outline of hills peeked out beneath the gray horizon.

                  She checked the watch on her left hand

                  5:47

                  She puffed air out of and sighed. The bus never usually came this late. She may have been one of its sole occupants, but it should still be punctual right? Suddenly, her skin and hair and clothes felt void of the ever continuous precipitation. Above her she heard the slightly distant sound of rain hitting a padded surface. Once she looked up she saw a black umbrella above her head and when she looked to her left she saw who held it. The owner of said umbrella was a tall, auburn-haired beauty, with almond shaped eyes and the most attractive smile Bora had ever seen. Her teeth were pearly white and her skin was flawless.

                   Before Bora could utter a word, the other spoke first.

                   “I don’t necessarily think it’s wise to stand in the rain.” The woman said, her voice so deep and husky.

                   “I’m not necessarily doing this by choice. The bus is running late.” Bora replied, finding herself wondering why she was telling a stranger her business.

                    “That’s a shame. You shouldn’t be out here alone and being soaked in the rain. I’ll stay with you.” It was only at that moment that Bora realized how cold she really was, the wetness of her sweatshirt seeping into the pores of her skin.

                    “You really don’t need to do that.” Bora insisted.

                    “Who said anything about need? I want to. My conscience wouldn’t be able to handle it if I let something this beautiful catch a cold.” The beautiful figure replied, eyes twinkling as her smile grew larger.

                    Bora merely smiled back, not caring that a random woman was catering for her umbrella need or that she had just called her beautiful.

                     “I don’t even know your name.”

                     “Siyeon. Lee Siyeon. And your name?”

                     “Bora. Kim Bora.” Bora stuck out her slightly wet hand and Siyeon gratefully shook it, letting her hand linger on the other girl’s soft skin before letting go.

                      “So Bora-sshi, how long have you been waiting for this bus?”

                      “About 20 minutes now.”

                      “Have you thought to seek shelter from the rain? Unless you like hypothermia.”

                      “Oh I love it, really! The fact that I’d die from cold is so thrilling, honestly!” Bora replied with a smile that was tinted with much sarcasm, to which Siyeon chuckled.

                       “You’re cute.” She said, allowing Bora to feel the only heat that was left in her body sail upwards into her cheeks.

                        “T-Thank you. Where were you coming from?”

                        Siyeon turned and g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter