Chapter 5

Destined to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


 

Irene hurriedly opened the door of the apartment when she heard the doorbell ring. Once the door was opened, she was met with four smiling women who then comfortably entered the room.

 

“Wow, unnie! Didn’t know you moved out from that old apartment of yours.” - Yeri. The ladies were amazed by the interior of the four-bedroom apartment. The apartment was modernly designed with updated kitchen tools, L-shaped sofas in the living room, and even an outdoor pool. 

 

The girls were so amazed by the apartment that they decided to tour themselves, leaving Irene just standing by the door. “Ah… girls? Can you please relax first?”

 

Rosé and Jennie put their things on the couch while the other two were now looking around the apartment. “Seriously though, Rene? I’m glad you left that old apartment of yours, the security was bad there.” - Rosé

 

“Yeah! And now you have this freaking penthouse!” - Joy

 

“Did your dad buy you this new apartment?” - Jennie

 

Irene got worried when Yeri started running around, opening doors. “Girls! My gosh! Sit down will you?!”

 

“Woah! Unnie! There’s a pool outside too!” Yeri shouted from the outside. 

 

And that was the last straw, the older woman now regrets inviting her friends over. With all her strength she shouted “YERI! Get your back here! Or else I’ll burn your collection of thriller novels!” which made the youngest behave. And the older girls laugh at her situation.

 

“But unnie, the apartment looks so cool! Can’t believe uncle spoils you so much.”

 

“Okay, just to make things clear, this is not my apartment. It’s Byul’s.”

 

The girls were shocked when they heard Irene that the apartment was not hers but her fling. “Ehh??!!” 

 

“Wait! You two are living together?” That made the others look at Joy in shock and realization and then questioningly look at Irene.

 

“Yeah Rene, your relationship status isn’t clear yet though.” - Jennie

 

“No, you girls got it all wrong. Byul knows that you guys wanted to sleep over at my apartment, but just like what Rosé said, the security there . So, she got worried and offered that we just do it here.”

 

“Huh? Is it okay with her?” - Rosé

 

Yeri then moved her head around as if she was looking for something or someone. “But where is she though?”

 

“She’s not here, stop that Yeri.” Irene stopped Yeri before she could stand up again and look for Byul in the apartment.

 

“She’s in LA right now, one of their branches there needs her help.”

 

“Damn, your girl must be so damn rich Rene. What does she do though? You never really told us.” - Jennie

 

Irene contemplates if she should answer Jennie’s question, but she remembers that Byul already told her that it’s okay to tell her friends if ever they ask her that question. “Ah… You know the Moon Group of Companies in Korea?” 

 

“No way?!” The girls shockingly exclaimed. Who doesn’t, in Korea, know MGC or Moon Group of Companies? MGC became one of the biggest companies in their country fifteen years ago. The company is known for having multiple subsidiary companies in different fields, from electronics, mobile gadgets, entertainment, and even in transportation.

 

“Yeah, she’s the only daughter of the chairman of the group.”

 

“But why is she here though, isn’t she supposed to be in Korea?” - Joy

 

“She told me that since they are expanding, their foreign branches need more attention right now. Besides, her father wants her to help the foreign branches first before completely inheriting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter