Chapter 4

Destined to Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That would be 8,000 won.” Seulgi realized that she was spacing out after seeing the magazine. She paid for all her items with her card and head home. Seulgi put all the items she bought on her kitchen table as she proceeds to open the fridge for some water. As she was drinking her water, her eyes landed on the magazine on the table.

 

Joohyun. The name of the woman on the cover of the magazine. The woman she could not forget even though years have already passed. She could still remember clearly how in love they were in the past, but all changed when she committed such a mistake, that up until now she could not forgive herself.

 

“How have you been?” Seulgi asked no one.

 

“Is life treating you well?”

 

“I’m sorry, even though it’s already two years late.”

 

“If I didn’t leave that night, would we still be together?”

 

“How I wished I didn’t ed up our relationship.”

 

“I still love you, Hyun.” Seulgi couldn’t help but cry her feelings out. She was so sorry for what had happened years ago. That night, Seulgi dreamed of meeting Joohyun and forgiving her for her mistakes. In her dream, they were both so happy going on dates. But when morning came, Seulgi cried again, for she realized, it was just a dream.

 

Seulgi never felt so empty again. She felt like her one-bedroom apartment was too big for her. Even after consuming multiple cans of beer, her loneliness still did not subside. As if on instinct, she reached for her phone and pressed the number of her best friend.

 

“Hey, you free tonight? I think I need myself some strong drink.” She said to the person on the other line.



 

“Seul? I think you need to stop this already.” Seulgi’s best friend, Lisa, was stopping Seulgi from drinking more shots. Seulgi is already too drunk at this point and slurring some words that she can barely understand. But Lisa knows why she’s being like this. There is only one person who can make Seulgi like this.

 

“I-I’m so s-stupid! I’m so, so stupid, Lisa!” She was now hitting her head while talking and Lisa was trying to stop Seulgi from continuing it.

 

“Seul, it’s been years. I thought you already moved on?”

 

“I also thought too… but I was wrong. Damn Lisa, when I saw that ing magazine with her face on it, all my memories with her came back to me.”

 

“I’m pathetic, right? I was the one who ruined our relationship, and now I’m here crying for her.” Seulgi cried out to her best friend.

 

“Seul, there’s nothing wrong with falling in love. But a love that has been already finished years ago, is not worth holding on to. Especially how bad your breakup was, and up until now you have no contact with each other.”

 

“Co-contact… contact… Lisa! Th-that’s right! Contact, Lisa!”

 

“What are you talking about, Seul?” Lisa was shocked at Seulgi’s outburst.

 

“Lisa, your girlfriend, Jennie. She’s friends with her, right? Are they still in contact? Can you ask for her number for me?”

 

“Seul… I’m sorry. Jennie doesn’t like talking about her. She always avoids the topic whenever I mention your ex.”

 

“Please, Lisa. Please ask Jennie for it.” Lisa felt sorry for the state her best friend is in right now, so she could only nod at her request.



 

When Lisa returned to her shared apartment with her girlfriend, she saw the smaller girl busy packing her stuff for the fashion week in a different country.

 

“Hi, Nini.” Lisa greeted and kissed her cheek.

 

“Hey… oh, did you drink?” Jennie could smell the alcohol on Lisa when she kissed her.

 

“Yeah, just a little bit though. Seul wanted some company.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong with your best friend?”

 

“About that, baby… you know, Seul asked me a little bit of favor…”

 

“And?”

 

“Well, she asked if you’re still in contact with Joohyun, and if you are, she would like to ask for her number.”

 

“Baby, we talked about this already.”

 

“I know, but Seul is really persistent.”

 

“Why don’t you tell her to contact her in her social media accounts?”

 

“She said she tried it already, but no chance. It seems like her management is the one handling her social media accounts.”

 

“Ahhh… yeah, I guess she mentioned that to us. But baby, I’m really sorry, I can’t give you her contact. I could ask her in person if we meet in the fashion week though.”

 

“Thank you, Nini. And sorry for getting dragged in my friend’s trouble.”

 

“It’s fine Lili, I also think your friend needs this cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter