two: closer

be there for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Are we playing this as every man for himself?” Jongwoon asks once  he arrived to meet his hyungs at the mini golf course. Leeteuk and Heechul glance at one another, before Heechul answers. “Obviously, where’s the fun in working together?” 

 

“You’re both going down!” Leeteuk exclaims  excitedly, as he examines the pile of putters on a table near the entrance, and hands one to each of them wordlessly. Heechul stares at the club suspiciously, “is this how you sabotage us?” Heechul grabs a random club, setting the other one back. “I’m not letting you have the satisfaction.” He storms  off to the first hole, leaving Leeteuk and Jongwoon to stare after him wordlessly.

 

“Don’t worry, Jongwoon, I’m not going to sabotage you.” Leeteuk reassures with a soft smile as he strolled after Heechul, as he retorted back at his same age friend. “I don’t need to sabotage you, you can’t even play golf.” Yet Jongwoon didn’t quite believe him.

 

“Yes but this is mini golf! They’re completely different.” Heechul protests, as he lines up the putter, swinging it back and forth a few times, and then he hits it. It flies off the green, and sails over Jongwoon's head, who ducks in panic. The three watch it fly straight into the tiny pond four holes over.

 

“If you say so.” Leeteuk murmurs under his breath.

 

“You do know how to play, don’t you?” Leeteuk asks almost rhetorically, smirking at the frowning Heechul, who was cursing under his breath. Jongwoon smiles at the show of competitiveness between his hyungs, not understanding why they were taking this so seriously. 

 

Heechul tried again but with a gentler approach, and managed to get the ball in, and as he cheered for himself, he retrieves his ball, before coming to stand next to Jongwoon, wrapping an arm around him. 

 

Leeteuk makes his first putt, and the golfer in himself was satisfied to see he makes a hole in one easily. He retrieves his ball, and says to Jongwoon. “The first course is always the easiest, a straight shot to the cup, unless you’re Heechul.”

 

“You just have to hit it nice and easy,” Leeteuk says, demonstrating a slow, easy swing with her own putter. Jongwoon observes his movements closely and practices doing the same, and just as he goes to hit the ball, Leeteuk taps his for good luck. Jongwoon's putter slips a little from his hand, and the ball angles, bouncing from side to side against the walls of the hole. He stares after it helplessly. It takes about ten bounces, but miraculously, the ball then slides into the hole. “No sabotage, huh?” Jongwoon murmurs, shaking his head.

 

“Not the usual approach but it worked,” Leeteuk comments as he walks  over to the next hole, this time Leeteuk went first. His dongsaengs both pay him more attention, whether to his technique or his general form could be questioned by an observer. Heechul, in particular, stands back and watches how when he leans over, his lips pucker beautifully in concentration. 

 

Leeteuk peeks over as he lines up the shot, smirking at Jongwoon, and judging by the half-lidded look in Heechul's eyes and the way his mouth is hanging open, he’s still got it, even if they were nearing the age of an ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter