one: that's okay

be there for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yesungie, you’ve lost some weight!” 

 

Jongwoon tried to hide his wince. “I was worried because my face was all swollen due to the cold.” He was greeted by six blank expressions in front of him, and he froze to keep himself from glancing to s for help or reassurance, whichever he’d receive first.

 

“You’re half your size!” “What do you mean your face is swollen?” Jongwoon was at a loss of words, he wasn’t sure how to respond to the cast members. He clenched his fist in his pocket, digging his fingernails into his palms as he tried to think of a variety-show worthy response. And nothing came. Typical.

 

Thankfully, Donghee noticed his lack of response quickly, replying with his usual wit. “Yes, normally he doesn’t have a face. But he’s a bit swollen right now.” The members all laughed, and he followed, trying to push down his hurt feelings from the original comments.

 

As much as Jongwoon loved to come on knowing brothers mainly for Heechul, he could do without the comments about his weight or demeanour. 

 

“Nice to meet you…born in 1984…real name Kim Jongwoon. I am the main vocal of the team, personally I think I’m in charge of looks too.” He stammered his way through his introduction, as he just didn’t enjoy variety shows all that much unless s were the cast. Soogeun remarked, “you seem to have an upset stomach! Pat him on the back.” Heechul obliged, half rubbing his back in comfort. “Your face is pale.” Jongwoon had frozen during this and didn’t know how to respond, especially with Hodong in front of him, somehow obscuring his focus.

 

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts wasn’t all that effective but it allowed him to refocus on the episode they were currently filming. And he somehow managed to get through it, even barking out a few laughs in the process, due to s' antics.

 

Yet, after the filming wrapped, he couldn’t stop thinking about the comments made to his weight, which he’d always been particularly sensitive about since k-netizens had told him he was too chubby during his debut days. 

 

Out of the corner of his eye, Jongwoon noticed Donghee approaching him cheerfully. “Hyung, we’re going back to the dorms to drink. Do you want to come? Even Teukie-hyung and Heechul-hyung are coming.” It wasn’t often Donghee asked him for something, it was normally the younger members, so Jongwoon couldn’t refuse and he did always enjoy drinking with the members. He nodded in agreement. Yet, Donghee still stood in front of him with an expression he wasn’t familiar with from this particular dongsaeng. 

 

“Are you alright, hyung?” Donghee asked, tilting his head. Jongwoon went to nod before Donghee continued. “I know you didn’t like the comments earlier. I understand. We could talk about it, if you’d like, unless you’d prefer the hyungs to.” Jongwoon placed a hand on Donghee's shoulder. “I appreciate your concern, Donghee-ah, but I’m used to those sorts of comments. I’ll be alright.” With that, Jongwoon gave him a smile before heading off to get changed. This meant he was unaware of the nods exchanged between Donghee, Leeteuk and Heechul after he left.

 

— — —

 

The members all head back to their old dorms, currently occupied by two of Jongwoon’s jerries, Hyukjae and Kyuhyun. Both of whom immediately pulled out an entire crate of soju and Korean beer. Heechul seemed to be in awe until Leeteuk elbowed him. The rest of the members ignored their eldest two, knowing they’d silently argue for awhile before making out. It wasn’t exactly anything new. 

 

A little over an hour later, the members h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter